It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A pulse-pounding, horror-themed beat 'em up game, Night Slashers: Remake, is now available on GOG with a -10% launch discount until October 10th, 1 PM UTC!

Set in a nightmarish world filled with bloodthirsty creatures and unspeakable horrors, prepare to step into the shoes of the unlikely heroes, as they battle hordes of supernatural foes and terrifying monsters.

Now on GOG!
Slashy, slashy into the forum.
Cool. The original as Extra in the Game please.
You know what really needs a remake? Night Slashers - said no one ever.

Not sure why this game had to be remade. It somehow looks and sounds worse than the original. At least you have the option to use the original soundtrack but there's no option to use the original graphics. I'll skip this - maybe pick it up on a deeper discount.
So, is the original available with this or not?
Somehow seems to lack the pulpy charm of the original.
I watched some reviews on YT. Well, they are not very kind to this game.
Uncensored this time around too, unlike the version of the original that was listed here for about 3 years.
Swedrami: Uncensored this time around too, unlike the version of the original that was listed here for about 3 years.
Neither version was/is on my radar so i was not aware of this, but i'm curious. What exactly was censored in the OG version?
Post edited 14 hours ago by Hikage_XjS
Swedrami: Uncensored this time around too, unlike the version of the original that was listed here for about 3 years.
Hikage_XjS: Neither version was/is on my radar so i was not aware of this, but i'm curious. What exactly was censored in the OG version?
No blood and no profanity.
Hikage_XjS: Neither version was/is on my radar so i was not aware of this, but i'm curious. What exactly was censored in the OG version?
M3troid: No blood and no profanity.
Ah i see. Thanks for that. I guess this alone makes the remake superior. Ugly visuals be damned.
That's not a full list. I remember additional things being censored beyond just that.
These new graphics look like ass, unpleasant ass.
Remake my ass. This is not good, art that tries to imitate the glorious SOR4, but in a lame way. All they had to do was port the original to the PC, without using emulators, a source port would be adequate, and without the censorship of the original. Either way, MAME and FinalBurn Neo are there to deliver the original, uncensored experience in a decent way. Keep in mind: Some games need a remake, but many other games are fine the way they are.

Edit: A Night Slashers sequel would have been better suited with pixel art like the original and lots of blood and gore. :)
Post edited 10 hours ago by SilentMRG
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That's not a full list. I remember additional things being censored beyond just that.
oh yeah, i forgot.

no holy cross and no gore either.

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=48707