It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Test your skills in a strategic roguelike deck-building game with a twist. Monster Train is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 20% discount that will end on 10th September 2020, 5 PM UTC. The game is set on a train to hell, where you’ll have to use tactical decision making to defend multiple vertical battlegrounds. With real-time competitive multiplayer and endless replayability, the game will always manage to face you with a new challenge.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Aaaaaaaah!
This is one of my goty contenders.
I've already put in 300 hours into it and plan on getting it on GOG just to have a back up.
Get in this ish, y'all it's fun and addictive, esp. when you find a tactic you can cheese the higher difficulties with XP
Northern Lion, now that's a name I haven't heard in a while.. :)

The game looks neat and is affordable. I have withheld from buying games recently with a few (and very cheap) exceptions, don't tempt me gog I need the money for Kingdoms of Amalur (and Baldurs Gate III). :P

Edit: After having watched a few 'rounds' of gameplay I have to say that the game does not scratch my deck-building itch. This goes to my wishlist for now. :P
Post edited September 03, 2020 by NuffCatnip
This looks pretty "legit" as they say these days. Plus any developer that takes to time to add cross play with Steam gets credit in my book.

I notice that they mention the multiplayer is real-time, but nowhere does it say whether or not the single player is. Not that I could find anyway. I assume the single player is turn based, otherwise why specifically mention that the multiplayer is not. But it really isn't made clear anywhere. They definitely should make that clearer.
I don't know... I'm always up for a card game, but the graphics look very Hearthstone-y, which I cordially dislike.
I'm happy to see another roguelike card games like Slay The Spire coming to our store because Slay The Spire was a HIDDEN GEM!
Excellent! Instant Buy for me!
Another game happily removed from my steam wish list and added directly to my GOG cart. I've been waiting on this one because I suspected it might come here.

Thank you Good Shepherd/Shiny Shoe and thank you GOG.

Only a few more games needing to be removed, namely:
Stray
Hades
The Outer Worlds
Outer Wilds
Ori and the Will of the Wisps
Journey
Death Stranding
and Medium
Not really into card games. Think I'll pass.
Good job GOG, Shiny Shoe and Good Shepherd Entertainment. This is definitely a purchase for this week, but will the weekend discounts add more to my cart?
This game lives up to its hype. It's awesome!
What does Roguelike mean in this case? This word is a huge warning sign for me, that I probably won't like the game. But I do like card games and Monster Train looks interesting.
Glad this is here! Now I don't feel bad for having not picked it up yet
Lifthrasil: What does Roguelike mean in this case? This word is a huge warning sign for me, that I probably won't like the game. But I do like card games and Monster Train looks interesting.
Did you play Slay the Spire? Very similar games.

Or FTL? "FTL, but everything you do is cards, and your rewards each battle are new cards".
Now, that's my kind of game. Thanks.