It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Defend America using state-of-the-art 1980s military hardware in this intricate and tactical turn-based strategy game. Möbius Front '83 is now available on GOG.COM with a 25% discount lasting until 8th March 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
GOG.com: Defend America using state-of-the-art 1980s military hardware in this intricate and tactical turn-based strategy game. Möbius Front '83 is now available on GOG.COM with a 25% discount lasting until 8th March 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Looks like cool title. But sadly, GOG version is missing multiplayer mode (added on 15th of January on Steam version), not sure about presence of Soviet army (it was added together with multiplayer upgrade on Steam). What a shame.
Post edited March 01, 2021 by MartiusR
Happy to finally see it here! Been waiting for so long!
This one looks really good. And doesn't seem to require proficiency in programming to play it, unlike other Zachtronics games.
Wishlisted
Post edited March 01, 2021 by Lone_Scout
high rated
I no longer find it acceptable that publishers like Zachtronics treat us GOG users like beggars to whom they throw the rancid leftovers of their rich meals.

Not only do they consider themselves so superior that they don't frequent the GOG forums at all, but they release their games with huge delays, with numerous features cut, and demand that we pay the same price as other stores that take precedence.

It's time to demand true equality of treatment, both from us users and from GOG itself.
Alexim: I no longer find it acceptable that publishers like Zachtronics treat us GOG users like beggars to whom they throw the rancid leftovers of their rich meals.

Not only do they consider themselves so superior that they don't frequent the GOG forums at all, but they release their games with huge delays, with numerous features cut, and demand that we pay the same price as other stores that take precedence.

It's time to demand true equality of treatment, both from us users and from GOG itself.
well the devoplers were blaming GOG for the delay of the game. Not sure who to believe.
Alexim: I no longer find it acceptable that publishers like Zachtronics treat us GOG users like beggars to whom they throw the rancid leftovers of their rich meals.

NB: I'm not related neither to GOG/CD Projekt, nor to Zachtronics.

Aside from some issues in the parent company (this kind of security breach probably also generated plenty of work for GOG IT stuff -- so you could be sure that your account is safe), GOG never was the fastest way to get latest updates.

Also, multiplayer isn't planned in GOG version as of now (source):
"DRM-free version of the game will most likely only include skirmish vs. AI, as the multiplayer is heavily dependent on Steam."
SuperLibby72: well the devoplers were blaming GOG for the delay of the game. Not sure who to believe.
When in doubt, blame GOG. They're the ones who initially rejected Opus Magnum, after all.
SuperLibby72: well the devoplers were blaming GOG for the delay of the game. Not sure who to believe.
Delay or no delay, the fact remains that they cut features while making us pay the same price.
neqa: NB: I'm not related neither to GOG/CD Projekt, nor to Zachtronics.

Aside from some issues in the parent company (this kind of security breach probably also generated plenty of work for GOG IT stuff -- so you could be sure that your account is safe), GOG never was the fastest way to get latest updates.

Also, multiplayer isn't planned in GOG version as of now (source):
"DRM-free version of the game will most likely only include skirmish vs. AI, as the multiplayer is heavily dependent on Steam."
Thanks for the link, but it only confirms that Zachtronics doesn't find it profitable to spend the slightest resource on releasing their games on GOG, yet they ask us to pay full price.

If they want more people to buy their games on GOG they have to change their attitude and invest money today to get a return tomorrow. They will never see another penny from me until they change something.
high rated
MartiusR: GOG version is missing multiplayer mode (added on 15th of January on Steam version)
Then I fail to understand why the GOG version is sold for the same price than the Steam one.

If Zachtronics wants to cut features from the DRM-free release, I’m OK with that. But the price I pay for this less complete product should reflect that.
Zachtronics makes original games that make you think if you want to. This take on turn-based military strategy looks very interesting.
So the itch.io version mentions the Soviet Army faction as playable, but it's not mentioned at all on the GOG page. And I thought the GOG release and the itch.io release would be the same DRM-free version of the game?
MartiusR: GOG version is missing multiplayer mode (added on 15th of January on Steam version)
vv221: Then I fail to understand why the GOG version is sold for the same price than the Steam one.

If Zachtronics wants to cut features from the DRM-free release, I’m OK with that. But the price I pay for this less complete product should reflect that.
Isn't DRM free an added feature that make up for the cut one(s)?
justanoldgamer: Isn't DRM free an added feature that make up for the cut one(s)?
DRM-free is not a game feature.
I can not play "DRM-free mode" with my friends instead of "multiplayer mode" ;)
high rated
rampancy: So the itch.io version mentions the Soviet Army faction as playable, but it's not mentioned at all on the GOG page. And I thought the GOG release and the itch.io release would be the same DRM-free version of the game?
The game is now updated with the skirmish mode and Soviet Army faction playable after completing the single-player campaign. The description will mention this soon.