It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Developed by Kojima Productions and PlatinumGames, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE takes the renowned METAL GEAR franchise into exciting new territory with an all-new action experience – and it’s now available on GOG, with a -40% launch discount until July 11th, 1 PM UTC!

The game seamlessly melds pure action and epic story-telling that surrounds Raiden – a child soldier transformed into a half-human, half-cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path.

Now on GOG!
Hey all! Just a quick update regarding some region locks for MGR:

Region locks for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE are the same as they are on other platforms (e.g. Steam). The game was available to purchase in some of the locked regions yesterday for a brief moment, which was our omission and we apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience that could have been caused by it.
Post edited July 05, 2024 by king_kunat
ysbird: In the end, it has to be this way.
timppu: ...

(I haven't played the game but I bet there is a "..." somewhere in the dialogue, being a Japanese game and all.)
Might even be a …
SargonAelther: WhyNotBoth.jpg

Death Stranding is publish by 505, so I'm genuinely surprised to see MGR show up on GOG, before Death Stranding.
mechmouse: Honestly I can't fathom why DS isn't here!
It probably has to do with the online infrastructure built into the game where players can build infrastructure around the game world for other people to use as well as reaping those benefit from other players. The game can be played 100% offline without it, but it was definitely built around that kind of indirect online interaction, so removing that would be a giant detriment to the game.

It's not impossible to come to GOG in the future, but it'd require KojiProduction to learn an entirely different API for the online to work with GOG Galaxy and at the time of the port's release, they probably decided not to go for it. It's certainly ironic considering it has a 2077 collab, but what can you do but hope?
coates32: Having this awesome game come to GOG today is especially awesome since in the US, it's the 4th of July.
So...?
It's weird. I have the itch to play metal gear games, but I never got around to playing this one.
Instabuy. Thank you GoG and Konami! This game might be one of the best over the top, hack and slash game ever made!
Syphon72: It's weird. I have the itch to play metal gear games, but I never got around to playing this one.
Let me tell you: if you do you're in for a wild ride.
Sr. Chalice: I wonder if they did any work on this game before bringing it to GoG.. Because the KB+M controls in this game is atrocious. I doubt they fixed anything.
It's okay not good or not bad. Wouldn't say any fixing needed for this title in particular. At least the port is waaay better than DMC HD Collection or DMC 4.
Instabuy! Hope to see more Konami and Metal Gear Solid releases in the future! One of my all-time favorite game series!
I heard more Metal Gear games are coming here.

My source is I made it TF up.
ChenKaKui1989: Um, guys. Why can't I buy the game? I can't even open the link to its store page. Searching it through search bar also showed nothing. Back in Steam, this game wasn't sold in Southeast Asia. It's not like that with GOG, right? Kalau ada akun lain dari Indonesia tolong bantuannya ya. Semoga cuma saya saja. Terima kasih.
Yeah, it's locked in Indonesia, seems to be the only game locked there on GOG now (there are a few more entries in the API but for game IDs that are no longer in store).

Chaser: Has GOG ever practiced region locking?
Managed to buy it from my end here in Malaysia on GOG.
Let's see if it gets pulled from my library.
Um, yes? https://www.gog.com/forum/general/regional_locked_games_on_gog_v2
And yeah, it's locked in Malaysia too, along with Eagle Island Twist, Evenicle, Postal 2 and its DLC and a "coming soon" title, Sumerian Six. But as others have said, don't worry about it getting pulled, GOG allows workarounds like receiving gifts of codes for titles locked in your region, so not a problem.
Post edited July 04, 2024 by Cavalary
adikad13000: At least the port is waaay better than DMC HD Collection or DMC 4.
What? DMC4 is the gold standard in console to pc ports, I can't think of many that were better. Did you mean DMC3?
Post edited July 04, 2024 by ReynardFox
Nice! Thank you Konami and GOG (we also wouldn't mind seeing newer Metal Gear games here ;)
Aw yeah! Instabuy!! NANOMACHINES, SON!
GOG is on fire lately!
ChenKaKui1989: Um, guys. Why can't I buy the game? I can't even open the link to its store page. Searching it through search bar also showed nothing. Back in Steam, this game wasn't sold in Southeast Asia. It's not like that with GOG, right?
BreOl72: Probably region locked, then.
Yeah, checked all those countries, locked here in all of them too.
ChenKaKui1989: Um, guys. Why can't I buy the game? I can't even open the link to its store page. Searching it through search bar also showed nothing. Back in Steam, this game wasn't sold in Southeast Asia. It's not like that with GOG, right? Kalau ada akun lain dari Indonesia tolong bantuannya ya. Semoga cuma saya saja. Terima kasih.
Cavalary: Yeah, it's locked in Indonesia, seems to be the only game locked there on GOG now (there are a few more entries in the API but for game IDs that are no longer in store).

Chaser: Has GOG ever practiced region locking?
Managed to buy it from my end here in Malaysia on GOG.
Let's see if it gets pulled from my library.
Cavalary: Um, yes? https://www.gog.com/forum/general/regional_locked_games_on_gog_v2
And yeah, it's locked in Malaysia too, along with Eagle Island Twist, Evenicle, Postal 2 and its DLC and a "coming soon" title, Sumerian Six. But as others have said, don't worry about it getting pulled, GOG allows workarounds like receiving gifts of codes for titles locked in your region, so not a problem.
Awwwwww..... Maaaan....