It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Developed by Kojima Productions and PlatinumGames, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE takes the renowned METAL GEAR franchise into exciting new territory with an all-new action experience – and it’s now available on GOG, with a -40% launch discount until July 11th, 1 PM UTC!

The game seamlessly melds pure action and epic story-telling that surrounds Raiden – a child soldier transformed into a half-human, half-cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path.

Now on GOG!
Hey all! Just a quick update regarding some region locks for MGR:

Region locks for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE are the same as they are on other platforms (e.g. Steam). The game was available to purchase in some of the locked regions yesterday for a brief moment, which was our omission and we apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience that could have been caused by it.
Post edited July 05, 2024 by king_kunat
I would have bought the game.
People who have missed out on grabbing MGRR while it was still available for purchase really should consider using a VPN.
Region locking is here to stay and will continue to be a nuisance for costumers on any platform unless you take matters into your own hands and help yourself instead of futilely waiting for things to change.
So this game is region locked? how do I tell if I am in the locked part? I know it says "ASIA" but which countries?
cybddr: So this game is region locked? how do I tell if I am in the locked part? I know it says "ASIA" but which countries?
Simply click here: https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear_rising_revengeance

If it shows the store page for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE, it's not locked in your region.
cybddr: So this game is region locked? how do I tell if I am in the locked part? I know it says "ASIA" but which countries?
CMiq: Simply click here: https://www.gog.com/game/metal_gear_rising_revengeance

If it shows the store page for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE, it's not locked in your region.
THANK YOU, I can see the gog store page for this game.
Now, to buy it before Konami change their mind and delist it :-)
Alpha Protocol was a good release
king_kunat: Hey all! Just a quick update regarding some region locks for MGR:

Region locks for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE are the same as they are on other platforms (e.g. Steam). The game was available to purchase in some of the locked regions yesterday, which was our omission and we apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience that could have been caused by it.
But why is there a region lock?

Region locks for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE are the same as they are on other platforms (e.g. Steam). The game was available to purchase in some of the locked regions yesterday, which was our omission and we apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience that could have been caused by it.
WildApple24: But why is there a region lock?
Probably only Konami themselves can answer that.

Allegedly it has something to do with the japanese voice over which is not included in the international (and only) PC version and as a result cannot be sold in Asia.
WildApple24: But why is there a region lock?
CMiq: Probably only Konami themselves can answer that.

Allegedly it has something to do with the japanese voice over which is not included in the international (and only) PC version and as a result cannot be sold in Asia.
Thank you for this information.
Aside from using a VPN, is there any other legit way of purchasing the game?

Region locks for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE are the same as they are on other platforms (e.g. Steam). The game was available to purchase in some of the locked regions yesterday for a brief moment, which was our omission and we apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience that could have been caused by it.
Will I be banned if I purchase the game through VPN? Will I be able to play it?
Post edited July 05, 2024 by Genocide2099
Genocide2099: Aside from using a VPN, is there any other legit way of purchasing the game?
Someone for whom it's not region-locked could gift it to you.

Genocide2099: Will I be banned if I purchase the game through VPN? Will I be able to play it?
It's obviously not endorsed but it's not illegal to use a VPN either.
I've made purchases via VPN for years now, and never got in trouble over it nor had a purchased game removed from the library.
Wow, never expected to see this one here! If I knew it would eventually come here, I'd waited to to get it here instead on Steam a year ago...
Oh well, at least people here can finally enjoy this amazing game!
Great work GOG and Konami for this release!
Huh, the release news seems to have been backdated now... https://www.gog.com/en/news/release_metal_gear_rising_revengeance says 4 days ago and that's where it appears in the news list, no longer in the recent articles but between the releases for Trails through Daybreak and Trinity Fusion. This will make for wrong release info for later reference...
Cavalary: Huh, the release news seems to have been backdated now... https://www.gog.com/en/news/release_metal_gear_rising_revengeance says 4 days ago and that's where it appears in the news list, no longer in the recent articles but between the releases for Trails through Daybreak and Trinity Fusion. This will make for wrong release info for later reference...
I was just going to say the same thing.
.Keys: Very.
All games out there tie to each other in ways that a single post will never be able to summarise.
Thanks for the thorough explanation. Will probably hold out then until some more MG games arrive here on GOG :)