It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Developed by Kojima Productions and PlatinumGames, METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE takes the renowned METAL GEAR franchise into exciting new territory with an all-new action experience – and it’s now available on GOG, with a -40% launch discount until July 11th, 1 PM UTC!

The game seamlessly melds pure action and epic story-telling that surrounds Raiden – a child soldier transformed into a half-human, half-cyborg ninja who uses his High Frequency katana blade to cut through any thing that stands in his vengeful path.

Now on GOG!
Hey all! Just a quick update regarding some region locks for MGR:

Region locks for METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE are the same as they are on other platforms (e.g. Steam). The game was available to purchase in some of the locked regions yesterday for a brief moment, which was our omission and we apologize for the confusion and any inconvenience that could have been caused by it.
Post edited July 05, 2024 by king_kunat
Just a curious fact: The game is over 20 GB, removing the videos, it will be around 4 GB! Which is basically "gameplay" data. XD
I'm a simple person.

I see a AAA game from a big publisher on GOG; I buy.

Please, publishers, come on GOG:

MGS4 (wait... I'm drunk...), Grand Theft Auto 4, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Last of Us, MGS5, Death Stranding (505 Games, make it happen, please), etc...
Post edited July 05, 2024 by Bowi_
Oh yeaaaaaaah poppin up by GOG to see what's up and this bad boy gives me the "nanomachines son" look.

Guess we cutting giant robots in half tonight! Well played GOG, great addition!
He was too good for this world.
high rated
Been playing in Linux and it's running quite well.

Using Wine-ge-26-x86_64 which is the default wrapper in Lutris and only thing I noticed was a quick and brief hiccup in a movie but aside from that ran perfectly fine.
Dunno when I'll finally sit down to play this one again, but I better snag a copy now! Thanks for getting this one over here guys!
I have two minor issues with the game:

1) Right now the achievements are set into devmode instead of product mode. This means that achievements do unlock just fine but they are not listed in Galaxy and so the shown percentage will always be 100%.

2) Whenever you enter the menu in the game the mosue cursor will show - even if you play with gamepad.

Other than that - no problem at all. Game is running at 60fps during regular gameplay and 30fps cinematics - just as
intended :)

Edit: The invisible achievements have been fixed! Thanks, GOG :)
Post edited July 05, 2024 by MarkoH01
Really glad to see this on GOG. The catalogue here only continues to get better.
It has to be this way, the DRM Free way!!!!
Wohooo! Such a wonderful surprise to wake up to! :D
My_Acc-My_Fortress: It is not a bad game but a bad price for such an old game (Yes, the game back from 2014 is already Old in my opinion). Almost 12 bucks, it's a robbery in broad daylight! Gog, why do you make such stupid decisions about the prices of the games? Why?
MarkoH01: 1) GOG does not make these decisions - prices are set by the publisher and/or developer.
2) 12 bucks for a game like this is not expensive by any means. We just got Resident Evil here for almost the same price and that one is way older. The age of the game has nothing to do with the value of the game. Question is: is it enough value for you? Does not seem to be so but that does not mean that it is objectively overprized at all.
It's probably not worth the bother replying to an obvious alt/troll account.
Post edited July 05, 2024 by P-E-S
How interconnected are the Metal Gear games? Just wondering if one has to have a general idea of the world and story, or if the game is somewhat standalone. Never played a MG game before.
Post edited July 05, 2024 by idbeholdME
still region locked. turn it loose guys!
I don't see the game! Is it region locked?

Steam has the same restriction too. So we have DRM (Denuvo, ServerAuth) and then we have Super-DRM (region lock).

When we colonise the solar system, they will have Ultra-DRM (planetary lock).
Would METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Definitive Experience (which seems to have both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain) be the next logical release? Assuming Master Collection is unlikely.