It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Test your skills in a unique social survival game where every encounter matters. Mesmer is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM! As a revolution leader, influence people and factions into following your cause, while keeping yourself out of the spotlight of the secret police.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
low rated
I wonder, is this game got released pretty close to American presidential election just to ride the current political euphoria?
RedRagan: I wonder, is this game got released pretty close to American presidential election just to ride the current political euphoria?
Is there still a US election?
Soon everyone will think that game is sewed especially for them : ) brilliant idea for a game, as old as forum is, and forum is ancient
RedRagan: I wonder, is this game got released pretty close to American presidential election just to ride the current political euphoria?
kmanitou: Is there still a US election?
Pretty much. I don't know what they were thinking.
kmanitou: Is there still a US election?
RedRagan: Pretty much. I don't know what they were thinking.
are the candidates already known?
Considering the setting, if riding anything it appears to be riding the current situation in Thailand. And that is such a stretch it's not really worth talking about.
RedRagan: Pretty much. I don't know what they were thinking.
Seb7: are the candidates already known?
A wrinkly coconut vs a wrinkly orange.

lose lose situation.
That's a very... twee revolution.
The game looks interesting. Makes me think of Little King's Story both in its graphic cuteness and its gameplay. And the stealth element might be interesting, too.
But timed quests are a bit of a downside for me. I'm afraid that it'll be enough to keep me from enjoying the game.

I will look more at it after a few reviews come out or watch a couple LP videos
Post edited October 16, 2020 by joppo
low rated
It might be worth going over the ugly graphics but It's like they turned Teslagrad into Animal Crossing rubbish. World to the West was still bearable to look at, but here they really tried every trick in the hat to make it uglier than one might conceive. Even those super deformed heads, maybe they thought that it would play down the potential seriousness of the political theme? Political Animals managed to be kawaii, colourful and modern without having such stupid and bad graphics.
This looks interesting, and it has a Linux icon, so yay! But then I scroll down to the system requirements, and only see Windows listed there. Could the system requirements for Linux (and Mac) be added to the game page?
It's a management game where you juggle Nobles, Merchants, Artists, and Worker's sympathies in a maritime city-state that feels very 18-19th century Europe.

I think it's just part of the trend we're seeing where a lot of game devs are turning to the French Revolution/Early Industrial era for setting inspirations.

I tried the Steam demo, but didn't get very far. The timed quests are a bit of a drag, and the dice rolls to determine persuasion success meant my hired muscle was so strong I knocked out a guy I was supposed to collect late rent from, and so I failed an early questline. There's also an easy way to lock yourself out of getting out of the starter district (and you need to, so that you can get more loudspeakers and hold more speeches and not fail the game).

Overall, it's an interesting idea, but pretty clunky, imho. I'll check out the full version later down the line.
I'm interested to see more of Teri's side of the world. I take it we probably can't ride wild animals in this one though.

Is the 20% launch discount on Steam going to be coming to GOG too, or is that an exclusive discount for Steam?
high rated
A game brought to you by.....the Developers who left the Linux version of their previous title A World to the West in an inferior outdated state compared to Win/Mac and it's been like this for over a year.

So while the price of this new title is very appealing, thanks but no thanks. I don't want to be left with another outdated game. For what its' worth, the devs have already been informed of this about 2 weeks ago over discord, nothing has been done.

If they don't care, neither will I.
Post edited October 16, 2020 by Ganni1987