It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Title: Mary Skelter 2
Genre: RPG and strategy
Discount: 15% off until 27th January 2022, 5 PM UTC.
BanditKeith2: Still makes no real sense they couldn't have had this patch up at release and mentioned rather then wait till after backlash. just saying is all
I agree. But I can't say more. I honour my NDAs.
since most of initial release bugs has been patched (at least on steam), it feels like the most complaints left are about the censorship... which is apparently now fixed too. So, yeah, this leaves us with usual idea factory-quality port (e.g quite a few settings options and depressing controls scheme without gamepad, but nothing worse than that) of a relatively decent dungeon crawler.
I wouldn't argue if its better or worse than the first game, but if anyone reading this has been held off from buying due to low storefront's score (right now its sitting on 2.5) - crabs are gone, time to invest your stonks
Just when I get my jig to dump and emulate my Switch copy...
Oh well... still good news
Gekko_Dekko: since most of initial release bugs has been patched (at least on steam), it feels like the most complaints left are about the censorship... which is apparently now fixed too. So, yeah, this leaves us with usual idea factory-quality port (e.g quite a few settings options and depressing controls scheme without gamepad, but nothing worse than that) of a relatively decent dungeon crawler.
I wouldn't argue if its better or worse than the first game, but if anyone reading this has been held off from buying due to low storefront's score (right now its sitting on 2.5) - crabs are gone, time to invest your stonks
Thing is, I can't get this game until someone manages to run it under WINE under Linux.
dtgreene: Thing is, I can't get this game until someone manages to run it under WINE under Linux.
Works fine, you just need to move the movies out of the way or it won't start. Same as with the first one.
low rated
Gekko_Dekko: since most of initial release bugs has been patched (at least on steam), it feels like the most complaints left are about the censorship... which is apparently now fixed too. So, yeah, this leaves us with usual idea factory-quality port (e.g quite a few settings options and depressing controls scheme without gamepad, but nothing worse than that) of a relatively decent dungeon crawler.
Technically the censorship has not been fixed as users have to use a workaround that can easily be pulled later on in the future if those behind the workaround decide to no longer host it or similar sort of stuff.. if it was patched back in then yes I'd agree that or if it was at the very least put out as a optional dlc or whatever thats free then I'd agree it was fixed as it stands now it is still at best a work around put out by a official company
Post edited January 26, 2022 by BanditKeith2
prg.515: Works fine, you just need to move the movies out of the way or it won't start. Same as with the first one.
I tried many, many things to get the game to work. Moving the movies to the side was obviously one of the first. Nothing gets me past a black screen with blue cursor. But, that's the thing with wine: it works differently on different machines, and even on different days (like just today I was retesting some games and they failed intermittently with xrandr protocol errors).
prg.515: Works fine, you just need to move the movies out of the way or it won't start. Same as with the first one.
darktjm: I tried many, many things to get the game to work. Moving the movies to the side was obviously one of the first. Nothing gets me past a black screen with blue cursor. But, that's the thing with wine: it works differently on different machines, and even on different days (like just today I was retesting some games and they failed intermittently with xrandr protocol errors).
Yeah I've also got a couple of games that people are reporting as working on the appdb which I just can't manage to get to run.

But no problems with MS2 so far. wine-staging 6.23 with DXVK if it helps.
BanditKeith2: Technically the censorship has not been fixed as users have to use a workaround that can easily be pulled later on in the future if those behind the workaround decide to no longer host it or similar sort of stuff.. if it was patched back in then yes I'd agree that or if it was at the very least put out as a optional dlc or whatever thats free then again I'd agree it was fixed as it stands now it is still at best a work around put out by a official company
From what I can tell, the fix is just a blank text file called Minigame.dat. A user could just make the file themselves, it appears the content was in the game the whole time.
prg.515: But no problems with MS2 so far. wine-staging 6.23 with DXVK if it helps.
Well, I decided to try again, rather than when my current testing cycle gets around to "M" as I had originally planned, and this time I got it working. So I guess it works in stable-6.0.2 as well. And yeah, just moving the 3 movie directories asides was enough. I'm not sure why it didn't work the last time I tried that, but that's what I get for trying multiple different things at the same time because I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it, I guess. There is some combination that works with other games but causes this game to hang on startup, even when movies are moved aside.

And, for other people, like in the first game, the movies are easily playable manually, although it's hard to say when a particular movie is expected to be played.
Bought the game. Have to vote with my wallet, now that Ghostlight offers a decensorship patch. Hopefully GOG will make that an official download.
BanditKeith2: Technically the censorship has not been fixed as users have to use a workaround that can easily be pulled later on in the future if those behind the workaround decide to no longer host it or similar sort of stuff.. if it was patched back in then yes I'd agree that or if it was at the very least put out as a optional dlc or whatever thats free then again I'd agree it was fixed as it stands now it is still at best a work around put out by a official company
SCPM: From what I can tell, the fix is just a blank text file called Minigame.dat. A user could just make the file themselves, it appears the content was in the game the whole time.
True enough but even then my piont stands is it was not truly fixed as that was not patched in but rather something a user has to do themselves even if one just had to get it from a official side that would be a uncensored patch without anything else the user needed to do I would see that as far more a fix then this current work around
BanditKeith2: True enough but even then my piont stands is it was not truly fixed as that was not patched in but rather something a user has to do themselves even if one just had to get it from a official side that would be a uncensored patch without anything else the user needed to do I would see that as far more a fix then this current work around
You have to get if from Ghostlight, the devs (at least of the port), official website. What more official thing do you want ? it's not any different from a lot of other uncensor patches, for example that's exactly how HuniePop uncensor patch works.
BanditKeith2: True enough but even then my piont stands is it was not truly fixed as that was not patched in but rather something a user has to do themselves even if one just had to get it from a official side that would be a uncensored patch without anything else the user needed to do I would see that as far more a fix then this current work around
Gersen: You have to get if from Ghostlight, the devs (at least of the port), official website. What more official thing do you want ? it's not any different from a lot of other uncensor patches, for example that's exactly how HuniePop uncensor patch works.
I have seen other ones that don't need one to manually do the work thats the thing here
BanditKeith2: I have seen other ones that don't need one to manually do the work thats the thing here
As I mention HuniePop is like that, either unzip the patch in the game folder or create an empty file called "huniepop_uncensored_patch.game" and the game will be uncensored. And even if it was the only one it is still an official patch released by the devs. It's not some sort of unofficial mods like the uncensor patch for Fatal Frame.