It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Title: Mary Skelter 2
Genre: RPG and strategy
Discount: 15% off until 27th January 2022, 5 PM UTC.
Unfallen_Satan: I'd like to hear the official response from GOG or Ghostlight...
MarkoH01: Here is an official Ghostlight statement (though it never does explain the actual reasons why they had to destroy a game which could have sold quite well otherwise):

https://twitter.com/ghostlightgames/status/1478376182882177028
Thank you. The news and discussions I read all mentioned Steam by name. This official tweet talks about the PC port generally.

Well, let's see if an unofficial patch comes out... unless Ghostlight removed the actual censored assets, in which case they are getting on my publisher blacklist... unless they could not obtain the assets from Compile Heart/Idea Factory (and I know the high quality assets exist because I played them on PS4), then IF/CH are going on my PC gaming blacklist... unless IF/CH could not release the high quality assets of the removed minigame because a third party is pressuring them. I can't do anything about that. Sony is already on my blacklist.
Post edited January 13, 2022 by Unfallen_Satan
Marcus-Havoc: Off course, it is.

For anybody wondering, yes it is censored.
http://operationrainfall.com/2022/01/04/mary-skelter-2-will-be-censored-on-steam/
Unfallen_Satan: I'd like to hear the official response from GOG or Ghostlight. Obviously I cannot buy a censored version. The censorship patch for MS2 on PS4 was the beginning of the end for me on Playstation after 20+ years and 4.5 consoles.

Because of the unique GOG distribution, I will still buy a censored verison if a fanmade uncensor patch comes out. That is assuming Ghostlight does not remove any of the assets of the censored minigame.
There's a developer post in this topic that says that the GOG version is the same as the steam version.
https://www.gog.com/forum/mary_skelter_series/technical_support

Incidentally, I'm planning on buying this game, but seeing as I have yet to play the first game, and this game is a tad expensive (and I've recently spent a fair amount of money on computer hardware), I'm going to wait. (15% discount isn't enough when I have other games to play first, including the previous game in the series.)
high rated
Censored = No purchase
MarkoH01: Here is an official Ghostlight statement (though it never does explain the actual reasons why they had to destroy a game which could have sold quite well otherwise):

https://twitter.com/ghostlightgames/status/1478376182882177028
Unfallen_Satan: Thank you. The news and discussions I read all mentioned Steam by name. This official tweet talks about the PC port generally.
Source?
I just took a look at what exactly was cut. I honestly don't need that mini game and can live without those scenes, but their lame excuse is a deal breaker, won't purchase until it is heavily discounted.

A shame, but there's enough games out there.
Post edited January 13, 2022 by NuffCatnip
low rated
I don't really give a damn if the titties are censored or whatever, because I have a shit ton of hentai games and run two hentai channels on alt-tech. I have more than enough fucking hentai games, thanks. Lol. I bought this for the gameplay and story. If I want gameplay and titties I'll play Rance or Evenicle.
low rated
Marcus-Havoc: I warned people during the "Coming Soon" moment
Waifu4Life: Just got my refund from GOG. When will companies learn "Get Woke, Go Broke!" That being said, we know nowadays that companies to try to censor these things usually have women harassers and pedos in their staff, so....
The biggest problem is morons who buy censored products, because that gives them the OK to get away with it and invites even more censorship in the future. At least you did the right thing, and showed that censorship is not acceptable.
TheGrimLord: I bought this for the gameplay and story. If I want gameplay and titties I'll play Rance or Evenicle.
What they cut is actually part of the gameplay. An optional part of the gameplay (and one which I completed the first game, including post-game dungeons, entirely without except once to test how well it worked), but gameplay nonetheless. I bought MS2 because I didn't care for that feature in the first game, and I don't think not buying the game here will have any effect other than to discourage any games from coming here. Boycotts only work with media frenzy, and there aren't enough people interested in this game in the first place to create such a frenzy. If there were, the PS4 version would've been uncensored (and it apparently is censored even more).

Edit: also, what they censored was not Hentai. It was sexually suggestive (rubbing scantily clad young girls' skin until they're clean), but that's as far as it went. In that respect, I also consider Jack's gun mechanics to be sexually suggestive, but they apparently didn't feel the need to censor that.
Post edited January 13, 2022 by darktjm
low rated
Waifu4Life: Just got my refund from GOG. When will companies learn "Get Woke, Go Broke!" That being said, we know nowadays that companies to try to censor these things usually have women harassers and pedos in their staff, so....
Marcus-Havoc: The biggest problem is morons who buy censored products, because that gives them the OK to get away with it and invites even more censorship in the future. At least you did the right thing, and showed that censorship is not acceptable.
The only thing this is going to show a company is that they won't bring over any more of the product. This doesn't effect you, because you know Japanese and I'm gonna beat you over the head about that. But for the rest of us, boycotting the game is gonna mean that they just simply won't bother with anymore of these or any other games. That means the rest of us won't get a chance to play any of these games in English. I don't care for censorship, but it is current year. They're not gonna stop because it progressive to censor this shit and we live in a progressive time.

TheGrimLord: I bought this for the gameplay and story. If I want gameplay and titties I'll play Rance or Evenicle.
darktjm: What they cut is actually part of the gameplay. An optional part of the gameplay (and one which I completed the first game, including post-game dungeons, entirely without except once to test how well it worked), but gameplay nonetheless. I bought MS2 because I didn't care for that feature in the first game, and I don't think not buying the game here will have any effect other than to discourage any games from coming here. Boycotts only work with media frenzy, and there aren't enough people interested in this game in the first place to create such a frenzy. If there were, the PS4 version would've been uncensored (and it apparently is censored even more).

Edit: also, what they censored was not Hentai. It was sexually suggestive (rubbing scantily clad young girls' skin until they're clean), but that's as far as it went. In that respect, I also consider Jack's gun mechanics to be sexually suggestive, but they apparently didn't feel the need to censor that.
Titties doesn't mean hentai, I also mean sexual rubbing games and stuff like that. Of course they're gonna censor that shit in a progressive time.
Post edited January 13, 2022 by TheGrimLord
TheGrimLord: Titties doesn't mean hentai, I also mean sexual rubbing games and stuff like that. Of course they're gonna censor that shit in a progressive time.
OK, I cut too much from your post. The previous two sentences were all about Hentai. In particular, "I have enough fucking hentai games, thanks." implies that they are censoring Hentai in particular.
TheGrimLord: Titties doesn't mean hentai, I also mean sexual rubbing games and stuff like that. Of course they're gonna censor that shit in a progressive time.
darktjm: OK, I cut too much from your post. The previous two sentences were all about Hentai. In particular, "I have enough fucking hentai games, thanks." implies that they are censoring Hentai in particular.
Right, but I also want to reiterate your point. This game really is small potatoes. People think that by boycotting it, it will do something. Most people on Steam probably passed this one by anyway, it's not gonna appeal to a large audience. They're not gonna sell millions of these, it's not Persona.
low rated
Marcus-Havoc: The biggest problem is morons who buy censored products, because that gives them the OK to get away with it and invites even more censorship in the future. At least you did the right thing, and showed that censorship is not acceptable.
TheGrimLord: The only thing this is going to show a company is that they won't bring over any more of the product. This doesn't effect you, because you know Japanese and I'm gonna beat you over the head about that. But for the rest of us, boycotting the game is gonna mean that they just simply won't bother with anymore of these or any other games. That means the rest of us won't get a chance to play any of these games in English. I don't care for censorship, but it is current year. They're not gonna stop because it progressive to censor this shit and we live in a progressive time.
No, it won't, because you still have the Switch sales to compare it too. Morons like you would rather have a completely butchered game and pay full price. No wonder Sony and all other console manufacturers are now forcing full on censorship because you morons would buy it like the NPC that you are. The notion of if we don't buy it, won't get it any more is an outdated notion. A billion-dollar industry, and you're so delusional that you think that if this game has low sales, nobody will ever release something like this again.

You'd probably be ok with what Vizmedia lately did. Censor manga page's because the snowflakes might not cope with its content. You'll soon have full on censorship control on anime when it simply triggers a person behind the scene, but that'll be ok cause morons like you would still buy it under your lame notion of "if we don't buy it, it might disappear!!"

Even localizers and translators are now pushing their ideology of censorship on anime, and all you're doing is showing you'll accept their bullshit, by buying censored versions, so there will never be a problem for them, because you'll just buy like the NPC you are.

You're just enabling censorship.
low rated
TheGrimLord: The only thing this is going to show a company is that they won't bring over any more of the product. This doesn't effect you, because you know Japanese and I'm gonna beat you over the head about that. But for the rest of us, boycotting the game is gonna mean that they just simply won't bother with anymore of these or any other games. That means the rest of us won't get a chance to play any of these games in English. I don't care for censorship, but it is current year. They're not gonna stop because it progressive to censor this shit and we live in a progressive time.
Marcus-Havoc: No, it won't, because you still have the Switch sales to compare it too. Morons like you would rather have a completely butchered game and pay full price. No wonder Sony and all other console manufacturers are now forcing full on censorship because you morons would buy it like the NPC that you are. The notion of if we don't buy it, won't get it any more is an outdated notion. A billion-dollar industry, and you're so delusional that you think that if this game has low sales, nobody will ever release something like this again.

You'd probably be ok with what Vizmedia lately did. Censor manga page's because the snowflakes might not cope with its content. You'll soon have full on censorship control on anime when it simply triggers a person behind the scene, but that'll be ok cause morons like you would still buy it under your lame notion of "if we don't buy it, it might disappear!!"

Even localizers and translators are now pushing their ideology of censorship on anime, and all you're doing is showing you'll accept their bullshit, by buying censored versions, so there will never be a problem for them, because you'll just buy like the NPC you are.

It's a progressive time, you aren't going to stop them. Don't you get that? And no, this game is still niche even on the switch. More people are playing Shin Megami Tensei V. Trust me, this is not the big ordeal you make it out to be. Yes, these companies are gonna censor shit today just like they did back in the nineties and people still bought it!

Let me give you a black pill. We live in a progressive fucking age and you're either going to accept that or make your own products. Call me whatever you want, you're the fool who actually thinks he can make a change. Ah, to be young and deluded.

Remember, most of these companies don't even want to deal with this market. They feel it is degenerate and some probably think it is borderline pedophilia on a personal level. That's why they're pushing so hard to censor it. The best way to get this shit will be as I said, go to Japan.
Post edited January 13, 2022 by TheGrimLord
low rated
Marcus-Havoc: No, it won't, because you still have the Switch sales to compare it too. Morons like you would rather have a completely butchered game and pay full price. No wonder Sony and all other console manufacturers are now forcing full on censorship because you morons would buy it like the NPC that you are. The notion of if we don't buy it, won't get it any more is an outdated notion. A billion-dollar industry, and you're so delusional that you think that if this game has low sales, nobody will ever release something like this again.

TheGrimLord: It's a progressive time, you aren't going to stop them. Don't you get that? And no, this game is still niche even on the switch. More people are playing Shin Megami Tensei V. Trust me, this is not the big ordeal you make it out to be. Yes, these companies are gonna censor shit today just like they did back in the nineties and people still bought it!

Let me give you a black pill. We live in a progressive fucking age and you're either going to accept that or make your own products. Call me whatever you want, you're the fool who actually thinks he can make a change. Ah, to be young and deluded.

Remember, most of these companies don't even want to deal with this market. They feel it is degenerate and some probably think it is borderline pedophilia on a personal level. That's why they're pushing so hard to censor it. The best way to get this shit will be as I said, go to Japan.
With morons like you, we sure aren't going to do shit other than lay on our back and let them have their way with us.
Actually, you couldn't buy most of the shit that got released here in Europe. Moron thought that Japanese dub being included wasn't a thing until people stood their ground and stopped buying them with horrible English dub only.

You might accept that moronic notion but i sure ain't and if it means making a dent in sales because I oppose those woke progressive view I will, instead of acting like the NPC you are. At least it'll save me money for product that are worth supporting.

Yes, and with you, they are certain to get their way with even more censorship and horrible localization with woke talking points. Hence, why I am bothering to learn Japanese instead of helping these progressives destroy my hobby.
I'm not buying this censored garbage version, but I definitely would have bought a real intact non-butchered version.

Ghostlight is an absolute disgrace for censoring this game for Puritan reasons.