It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Embark on a quest for revenge in Lords of Exile – now available on GOG!

Lords of Exile is an 8-bit side-scrolling action platformer set in the far Lands of Exilia, with classic retro mechanics and linear level design in 8-bit graphics. In ancient times of war in the Far East, the Lands of Exilia were overrun by creatures of the night and samurais. Amidst this cruel conflict, only a bloodthirsty cursed knight can bring hope and vanquish the darkness.

Now on GOG!
https://i.imgur.com/iLlDy35.jpeg
Is that a Stand?

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!
This looks strangely familiar... Hey, there's a Great Head of the Samurai! Is this the game with Naked Zombie Sean Connery?
Great, this game looks awesome!

I can't resist the comparisons. So this title reminds me a lot of Taito's ''Kick Master'' game for the Nes.

As for me, to the wish list!

Thanks to Squidbit Works, PID Games, PixelHeart and GOG!
For a brief moment I thought it could be Lords of Xulima sequel.
Really not 8-bit though; way beyond what actual 8-bit hardware could do. 16-bit for sure.
Finally! I've been waiting on this one for a long time!
Nice... even though it doesn't look like the most original game ever...
eric5h5: Really not 8-bit though; way beyond what actual 8-bit hardware could do. 16-bit for sure.
Yeah that's more like it.
Though, where's the Lords of Avernum?
eric5h5: Really not 8-bit though; way beyond what actual 8-bit hardware could do. 16-bit for sure.
8-bit is not about what the hardware can do. It's about how many colors are used.
EverNightX: 8-bit is not about what the hardware can do. It's about how many colors are used.
It is about the hardware, which includes the colors. The main character appears to be inspired by the NES Castlevania dude, but if you look at a comparison, Lords of Exile looks far more like a SNES game. I mean, it looks nice and I know this is quibbling, but the term "8-bit" gets abused a lot, probably by people who weren't around for actual 8-bit games....
Attachments:
compare.jpg (202 Kb)
We'll have to see how it plays, but at least visually it looks convincingly like a good game of the era it tries to emulate; that's rare enough to be appreciated.

It definitely seems to blend elements from some of the best FC / MD era platform/action games.
Now, if it does it well, and also manages to add to it, it could be very interesting.
EverNightX: 8-bit is not about what the hardware can do. It's about how many colors are used.
eric5h5: It is about the hardware, which includes the colors. The main character appears to be inspired by the NES Castlevania dude, but if you look at a comparison, Lords of Exile looks far more like a SNES game. I mean, it looks nice and I know this is quibbling, but the term "8-bit" gets abused a lot, probably by people who weren't around for actual 8-bit games....
I was around. And it is about the color. The rest is/was marketing gibberish.

Which is not to say that an NES could have run the game. It's to say that 8-bit refers to color (and sometimes) sound depth, not hardware capability.
Post edited August 02, 2024 by EverNightX
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bpp