It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Face the powerful Lich and wield an expanding deck of mystical cards to place enemies, buildings, and terrain along each unique expedition loop for the brave hero! Loop Hero is now available on GOG.COM along with a 15% discount that will last until 11th March 2021, 6 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Swissy88: Soundtrack only on steam, guess I'll pass.
It would be good if the soundtrack was here, but Steam changed things a while back where you can buy a soundtrack without buying the game, so you could get the game here and the soundtrack there.
high rated
I've played 35 hours in the last 4 days since I got this, so it's clearly doing something right. And thinking about it, it's doing everything right. There's a level on polish and depth to everything, that it's utterly surprising that this is the first big success for these guys. This is another FTL-level indie! The only complaint I might have is the "meta" humor, which I've been starting to hate more and more, since it seems to have permeated every medium(movies, music, games, books). But other than that, this is an absolute masterpiece, that wasn't even on my radar until I saw it pop up on GOG. AMAZING GAME!
Still no.2 best seller as i type this. Must be a pretty decent game?
Niggles: Still no.2 best seller as i type this. Must be a pretty decent game?
It's really a lot of fun and this comes from someone who is mostly into games where you shoot things until they've turned into a bloody puddle and usually avoids anything that has some kind of card game mechanic included. The different mechanics of this game (strategic card placement, loot management, building/crafting) are just interlocking so well that it becomes hard to stop playing.
mrkgnao: Is this a real-time or a turn-based game?
If it makes a difference to you:
The fights are automated. All you get to do is equip stuff and put down new stuff on the loop map.
mrkgnao: Is this a real-time or a turn-based game?
FlockeSchnee: If it makes a difference to you:
The fights are automated. All you get to do is equip stuff and put down new stuff on the loop map.
Yes. But equipping stuff and placing tiles is real time, right?
mrkgnao: Yes. But equipping stuff and placing tiles is real time, right?
Yes, going around the loop is real time, that you can pause. If you go into inventory the game pauses automatically (I think ... or hovering over an item in there? It's been a while, since I first tried, got distracted by a different game). (But not having RTWP battles makes it bearable to me.)
FlockeSchnee: Yes, going around the loop is real time, that you can pause. If you go into inventory the game pauses automatically (I think ... or hovering over an item in there? It's been a while, since I first tried, got distracted by a different game). (But not having RTWP battles makes it bearable to me.)
Thanks. I might pick it up at some point, as it got good reviews.
Post edited March 21, 2021 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao:
You're welcome.
You can pause the game at any time, even during fight, to look around, to change anything.
I think that the only thing you cant do is placing some new tiles during fight.
Post edited March 21, 2021 by Lexor
Lexor: You can pause the game at any time, even during fight, to look around, to change anything.
I think that the only thing you cant do is placing some new tiles during fight.
Thanks. Wishlisted.