It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reclaim the Lost Kingdom brick by brick – with LEGO® The Hobbit™, now available on GOG!

Join Bilbo Baggins, Gandalf, Thorin and his company of Dwarves in an epic adventure across Middle-earth to recapture the Lonely Mountain in the most expansive LEGO game to date.

You can now also get:
LEGO® The Hobbit™ - The Big Little Character Pack
LEGO® The Hobbit™ - Side Quest Character Pack
LEGO® The Hobbit™ - The Battle Pack

Now on GOG!
I would have bought this instantly, but it's coming to Prime on the 19th and I just renewed. =P

Thank you GOG and Prime and ofc thank you for releasing the game here Traveller's Tales / Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
Edit: Oops. I'm definetly buying the DLCs, though it seems I have to gift it haha.
Post edited September 05, 2024 by gog2002x
GOG.com: Reclaim the Lost Kingdom brick by brick
Can't do it without the second morning (and afternoon) breakfast. What gives, bricks don't matter, breakfast does?
GlorFindel: LEGO The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies DLC included!?
MarkoH01: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5aVEwjjgUU
asb:
MarkoH01: Unfortunately the DLCs will be out of sale at this time and it's not possible to just buy the DLCs because ... reasons.
You should be able to gift it, I just tried it. Or is there a region issue?
high rated
Fingers crossed for Lego Jurassic World!
MarkoH01: Unfortunately the DLCs will be out of sale at this time and it's not possible to just buy the DLCs because ... reasons.
But you can buy them as a gift. I checked and the price is the same, (sometimes price increased when i buy as a gift).
mechmouse: Fingers crossed for Lego Jurassic World!
Wait until new JW film , ;-)
Post edited September 05, 2024 by argamasa
I have to ask – why are you interested in the DLCs? They don't add any story elements and nothing to unlock.
argamasa: But you can buy them as a gift. I checked and the price is the same, (sometimes price increased when i buy as a gift).
Good idea ... at least if the price does not change. Will test it.

However I never saw any sense in this restriction. For god's sake - give out a warning on checkout screen but let us buy whatever we want. We CAN read ... we are not completely dumb ,,, and we won't buy any DLCs we'd end up not being able to use.
mk47at: I have to ask – why are you interested in the DLCs? They don't add any story elements and nothing to unlock.
If the DLCs would be completely worthless they would not exist at all ... not matter if they were cosmetic or anything elese. It's up to the customer to decide if a certain addition would be worth the money but even without story elements you will get sth. out of them in the end.

If I did not misread the description these DLCs should offer additional characters.
gog2002x: You should be able to gift it, I just tried it. Or is there a region issue?
No - there isn't. I simply did not think about this option.
Post edited September 05, 2024 by MarkoH01
high rated
Thank you so much!
Instabought.
Now we are playing Lego Harry Potter with my daughter.
Had to buy a second controller for local co-op.
She loves it!
I can't wait for Lego Skywalker saga ;)
mk47at: I have to ask – why are you interested in the DLCs? They don't add any story elements and nothing to unlock.
To add to the comment from @MarkoH01

It's also my way of showing my appreciation for letting me have the main game free (from GOG/Prime). So we all buy DLCs for various reasons.

Also, I read through all 3 DLC pages and they all seem to add something interesting. Particularly The Battle Pack, I find it very interesting. As an added bonus, the price for all 3 is just right. :)
Post edited September 05, 2024 by gog2002x
MarkoH01: If the DLCs would be completely worthless they would not exist at all ... not matter if they were cosmetic or anything elese. It's up to the customer to decide if a certain addition would be worth the money but even without story elements you will get sth. out of them in the end.

If I did not misread the description these DLCs should offer additional characters.
Sorry!? I didn't call them worthless, but in this case you might be right, the word might fit.

Obviously they would exist if they were worthless to the customer, because people buy them.

It's duplicate skins of things that already exist.

I was really interested when people started getting so interested in purely cosmetic DLCs.
MarkoH01: If the DLCs would be completely worthless they would not exist at all ... not matter if they were cosmetic or anything elese. It's up to the customer to decide if a certain addition would be worth the money but even without story elements you will get sth. out of them in the end.

mk47at: Sorry!? I didn't call them worthless, but in this case you might be right, the word might fit.

Obviously they would exist if they were worthless to the customer, because people buy them.

It's duplicate skins of things that already exist.

I was really interested when people started getting so interested in purely cosmetic DLCs.
Why do "pureley cosmetic" features even exist? They do exist because they offer an additional bonus to those who are interested in using different cosmetics. Why do people want to customize their character in certain RPGs? Some simply click continue and others take hours to get exactly the way of look they want ... still - it's just comsmetics in the end.

I always hated the saying that sth. is worthless just because it's cosmetics. What's worthless or worth the money will always be a subjective thing and additional gameplay is not for everybody the only "additional worth" a game could get through a DLC.

However: I am interested in what you said about cosmetics that already do exist in the game. So you are saying that the DLC content is already in the base game? That would be strange.
Post edited September 05, 2024 by MarkoH01
Characters in Lego games:
- have different abilities
- are part of cutscenes or levels
- are either protagonists, antagonists or bystanders that you can unlock
So they have a narrative and different sets of abilities.

Those DLC characters/skins have no new abilities and are not part of the narrative. On top of that they are unlocked from the start. They are just there, so they disturb the flow of the game. Same goes for the inventory items.

It's worse for Skywalker Saga: The main game characters have voices, the DLC characters/skins don't even have that.

Generally speaking I'm mostly disappointed with WB DLCs. Most of the Arkham one are very shallow as well, even when most of them are sold in a bundled version. Arkham City has the additional Harley story – that one is nice, but short.

The thing is – cosmetics for a game where you play one character that you can customize that acts as an avatar. That's different. I can see that cosmetics can have value in that context, because the customized characters is part of the narrative.
If the DLC has no worth to a person, that person need not buy it.

For myself, I only buy cosmetic DLC when it is dirt cheap because I am kind of a completist and want the whole game, in case I get a wild hair some day and want to try a new cosmetic thing. But I can also understand someone that wants that DLC at full price because they are excited about trying it out. It's kind of akin to cosplaying, I imagine.

Each to their own.
mk47at: Those DLC characters/skins have no new abilities and are not part of the narrative. On top of that they are unlocked from the start. They are just there, so they disturb the flow of the game. Same goes for the inventory items.
Okay wait. Re-reading your post, I'm a bit confused as to what this DLC actually does, as I've never played these games. You seem to be saying that these DLC characters have nothing to do with the player's character, and they just wander around the game world disrupting things?

In that case, yeah, I'm not seeing the appeal, other than maybe adding some variety visually, in which case they should have been included into the game to begin with. In which case I guess I wouldn't buy that DLC. Unless it were really cheap.
Post edited September 05, 2024 by GilesHabibula
GilesHabibula: Okay wait. Re-reading your post, I'm a bit confused as to what this DLC actually does, as I've never played these games. You seem to be saying that these DLC characters have nothing to do with the player's character, and they just wander around the game world disrupting things?
No. Sorry if I wrote it in a confusing way. The base game characters that you unlock: either are playable, you fight against them, they are in a cutscene or they wander around. So they are all part of the narrative, if only as extras. Everything in the DLCs is not – they contain things that are just in your item inventory or your character selection.

The normal flow of the games is that you play the story, unlock characters with different abilities that are necessary to unlock other things and get 100% if you want.