It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

...but they just can't kill The Beast.

<span class="bold">Homeworld: Emergence</span>, a stand-alone expansion to the beloved RTS, is now available exclusively on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

Previously released under a different name, this campaign is set 15 years after the events of the original Homeworld and chronicles the trials and tribulations of the Kushan as they try to repel an unknown alien threat dubbed the Beast. If you're to neutralize its corruptive influence and save your new home, you must engage in fierce space battles against both the afflicted and the Imperialist Taiidani. Are you ready?

The 10% discount will last until June 29, 4PM UTC.
Don't forget to check out our huge <span class="bold">Homeworld series sale</span> which includes the rest of the saga, going for up to -66% for a full week.

NOTE: Homeworld: Emergence was originally released as "Homeworld: Cataclysm". "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion. Other than the subtitle change, the game is identical to the game released in 2000.

Watch the game's intro.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by maladr0Id
Oh, really great ! I was really hoping for this one !
Post edited June 23, 2017 by Splatsch
Has issues with DirectX 1280x1024. Will ask for a refund :D
MirkotheGamer184: Im happy they found the source code of the game in the end and that it isnt lost .I hope they make a remaster of it.
tremere110: The source code is likely long gone. But GoG found a workaround.
http://kotaku.com/surprise-a-long-lost-homeworld-game-is-now-for-sale-ag-1796332973
I wonder what their "technology" is; a compatibility wrapper? Decompiling the app? Clean-room reverse engineering?
tburger: It does. Out of the box on OpenGL, Software and D3D. It doesn't work on 3dfx

EDIT: It works in 3dfx as well.
Thiev: if you have problem with 3dfx on start, try switching nGlide options to 'resolution by app'
Everything is fine. My first try was a flop but likely because I was switching various gfx modes over and over.
http://kotaku.com/surprise-a-long-lost-homeworld-game-is-now-for-sale-ag-1796332973
The source code is gone, but nobody ever said the binaries were (and I'm sure there are plenty of old retail versions around anyway). The title change was probably done through asset editing and/or a bit of reverse engineering.

What they can't do without the source code however is a remaster, so this is all that we're ever going to get. No complains here though.
Problem I had fixed.
Post edited June 23, 2017 by rick1981ireland
rick1981ireland: Currently having to troubleshoot getting the game to go past the 3dfx logo, so buyer caution is advised.

Not a clean release you most likely will be searching for fixes to get it to run.
Like I wrote above, set nGlide settings to 'resolution by app'.
rick1981ireland: Currently having to troubleshoot getting the game to go past the 3dfx logo, so buyer caution is advised.

Not a clean release you most likely will be searching for fixes to get it to run.
Thiev: Like I wrote above, set nGlide settings to 'resolution by app'.
Similar issues encountered as above, have followed the process as directed, blank screen following the 3dfx Splash, there is sound. It is tantalizingly close, and aggravating at the same time. Win10x64, compatibility mode selected. Resolution "by app" set. Will continue to play with it, but, I would welcome advice.
FredKuechen1226: Similar issues encountered as above, have followed the process as directed, blank screen following the 3dfx Splash, there is sound. It is tantalizingly close, and aggravating at the same time. Win10x64, compatibility mode selected. Resolution "by app" set. Will continue to play with it, but, I would welcome advice.
I had the same issue - but set compatibility mode to XP (sp 3) and got it running (at least to the main menu screen).
Same here, the nGlide settings were already set to "resolution by app" by default. Get past the initial logo screens, then blank screen, music plays, but nothing. I'm hoping for additional support to be released as time passes, but this is frustrating
GOG.com: NOTE: Homeworld: Emergence was originally released as "Homeworld: Cataclysm". "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion. Other than the subtitle change, the game is identical to the game released in 2000.
How can a game from 2000 be forced to change its name by a 2009 trademark? How can a company trademark a single non-original name? And lastly how could anyone think a game sold in 2017 called "Homeworld: Cataclysm" could have any link to a 2009 expansion pack to World of Warcraft?
WinterSnowfall: The source code is gone, but nobody ever said the binaries were (and I'm sure there are plenty of old retail versions around anyway). The title change was probably done through asset editing and/or a bit of reverse engineering.

What they can't do without the source code however is a remaster, so this is all that we're ever going to get. No complains here though.
A remaster can still be done. They have the assets and an engine for those assets. All they need to do is recreate the campaign in the new engine and tweak some things. It will take time and won't be easy - but not insurmountable. Gearbox has suggested they might do that in the past. Will they do that now that GoG got the original working on modern systems? Maybe not - but there's a possibility.

Never mind all sorted.

Happy to see the game on GOG but needs a little tlc still.
Post edited June 23, 2017 by rick1981ireland
Does anyone know if a Mac port of this game is coming out?
Nice! Wishlisted for now.