It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

...but they just can't kill The Beast.

<span class="bold">Homeworld: Emergence</span>, a stand-alone expansion to the beloved RTS, is now available exclusively on GOG.com with a 10% launch discount.

Previously released under a different name, this campaign is set 15 years after the events of the original Homeworld and chronicles the trials and tribulations of the Kushan as they try to repel an unknown alien threat dubbed the Beast. If you're to neutralize its corruptive influence and save your new home, you must engage in fierce space battles against both the afflicted and the Imperialist Taiidani. Are you ready?

The 10% discount will last until June 29, 4PM UTC.
Don't forget to check out our huge <span class="bold">Homeworld series sale</span> which includes the rest of the saga, going for up to -66% for a full week.

NOTE: Homeworld: Emergence was originally released as "Homeworld: Cataclysm". "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion. Other than the subtitle change, the game is identical to the game released in 2000.

Watch the game's intro.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by maladr0Id
This is awesome! Well, half awesome. Paul Ruskay made some wicked tunes for this game, and we've only ever heard them through a low-bitrate snorkel filter. Please add an honest-to-God soundtrack!
Not sure what kind of dumbass would confuse Homeworld: Cataclysm with World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. They aren't even the same genre.

Smarten up, Blizzard.
so this is the actual game in terms of gameplay liek the original? What I mean is that the latest release of homeworld 2 & 1 "remastered" edition was bad... if you played the "remasted" edition of 1 it was one 2's engine with 1's art but in nice graphics. and 2's engine does not work well for homeworld 1 at all.....
GOG.com: "Cataclysm" is now a registered trademark of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., and the game has been renamed to avoid confusion.
Did what?!?!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! You can't be serious!
Anyway, whatever it's new name, it's an excellent game.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by Vythonaut
Enebias: Trademarking a word. A common, f@*king word! Capitalism at its finest here.
I guess in a year or two I will have to say "the front of my head" and "a collection of paper sheets with writings" to avoid being sued for using "face" and "book". You Americans and your business model...
Sorry to burst your bubble, but trademark has nothing to do with capitalism. It's state enforced monopoly on behalf of certain company. Because "common good" or something like that.
You guys rock! I've been waiting so long for this, I though it was lost forever :)
Ok Gearbox, what is taking you so long into giving us back Duke Nukem :P

And it has to be the Original one. Not your Remastered version.
Gwynoth: so this is the actual game in terms of gameplay liek the original? What I mean is that the latest release of homeworld 2 & 1 "remastered" edition was bad... if you played the "remasted" edition of 1 it was one 2's engine with 1's art but in nice graphics. and 2's engine does not work well for homeworld 1 at all.....
Yes. This is the original game, just renamed.
Awesome GOG!
low rated
Gearbox.. totally not giving reviewers money for 9/10
Actually, Pitchfork is so sexy in his actor wardrobe to promote their next soul-sucking game.
I will buy immediately because all the cool media says it's rad.
Tubular!
Note to GOG: Yes, I am sarcastic because of the new forum rules. Go suck a sucker.
Post edited June 22, 2017 by AlienMind
Yes! Finally! HW Cataclysm! My favorite of the HW series!

INSTABUY!
PainOfSalvation: Awesome news! Now if GOG could push for Borderlands and other Gearbox titles. :p
They could start by re-adding the Duke games to GOG.
w00t. I was about to ask, "Wasn't this originally free!?" when I realized I'd confused this with the Raider Retreat promo version. Still, it's great to have a Wine/old Mac-friendly Homeworld game without having to go through the arduous process of installing the massive Homeworld Remastered main game.

And wasn't this game supposed to be tough as nails?
Im happy they found the source code of the game in the end and that it isnt lost .I hope they make a remaster of it.
Holy smoke, HW Cataclysm lives?!?! I have to admit I was not expecting to wake up to this, especially given that game's dev history.