It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
low rated
BreOl72: How are they supposed to know, if you use an alt. ;)
Come on...who are you really?
flabberghost: that doesn't matter! ;-)
i don't want to loose my library
Nobody ever lost their library here.
At the worst, you may be banned from the forum for some time.
high rated
chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
"Review bombing" is the least of your problems. GOG is selling a product with DRM and it's game page says DRM-free.

It's FALSE ADVERTISING.

And you guys are hosted in a EU country. Where there are serious laws against this kind of behavior from companies.

This conversation isn't just happening here in the GOG forums. It's on Twitter, Reddit and many other internet forums.

So, dear GOG staff, let your manager know that it might be a good moment to give the legal team a call.
low rated
flabberghost: that doesn't matter! ;-)
i don't want to loose my library
BreOl72: Nobody ever lost their library here.
das will ich genauso wenig!
low rated
BreOl72: Nobody ever lost their library here.
flabberghost: das will ich genauso wenig! (I don't want that either! - for our international friends)
Well, it's easily averted: simply don't post things that get you banned. Easy as pie. I manage to do that since Sept. 2010.
flabberghost: you forget where you money comes from
And who are YOU to interrogate him like that?

It's a horrible symptom that people are so afraid to use their main accounts for simply telling obvious and harmless truth. Afraid for their legally owned game collections. Current atmosphere here is beloved store and community for many years have turned into Orwellian State.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by trynoval

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Thank you for the reply. Best of luck to GOG and IOI in getting this sorted out. If you all can successfully offer a truly DRM-free edition, then I will be interested in buying it.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by SpikedWallMan

Good, good, I hope you can make this right!
high rated

You really tell us that this is a situation your company hasn't been aware of but something your customers had to bring to your awareness? Thanks for making me laugh. :) Someone in your company curated it, someone made a contract with IOI, a team must have reviewed the game as you received it and someone clearly wrote in smallish print on the shop page pinned to the top of your page, at first in very small print, later on up top DISCLAIMER, that some content is locked or only accessible by being Online. Was no one able to be honest about the extent to which content is unavailable?

You think by telling your customers you are 'looking into it' and updating them 'in the coming weeks' will cut it and people will stop complaining, waiting patiently until eventually you take your time to clarify and remedy the situation?

It doesn't take weeks, it doesn't even take days, all it takes is being honest. The storm will not be over in a couple of weeks or months as it is. It's basically on you to act now in favor of your customers which should very well be within your rights. The only course of action would be to remove the game from the store until this is sorted out. This doesn't take weeks or months but a mere seconds. Save yourselves the trouble if only for once and set things straight.

As far as negativ reviews are concerned, you know how the saying goes: wyrządzone zło powraca. It is a relevant piece of information for prospective customers to be aware of the fact, that if they come here to buy this game with the expectancy that it is indeed DRM-free, the full content is available to them without Galaxy or registration, that's not review bombing but stating facts helping visitors to make an informed decision whether they are willing to make that purchase. You can't expect anyone to read your forum and this discussion is all good and fine to you of course. Have your customers have their say because soon they will forget as if nothing ever happened. Which is increasingly hard considering how the last couple of months went and it's only getting worse. This is only the tip of the iceberg so better don't risk sinking the Titanic. ;-)

-

Since maybe you will read this statement also take down Soul Saga and Plane Mechanic Simulator, both dead products, while you are at it.
flabberghost: das will ich genauso wenig! (I don't want that either! - for our international friends)
BreOl72: Well, it's easily averted: simply don't post things that get you banned. Easy as pie. I manage to do that since Sept. 2010.
ok. maybe.
but GOG says, they will not tolerate review bombing because it supposedly does'nt follow their review guidelines.
i would say it is justified! maybe i violate their forum guidelines only by saying my opinion.
btw. i'm not the reason for this shit.
low rated
trynoval: And who are YOU to interrogate him like that?
Sheesh, dude...calm down. I wasn't aware I was using GULAG techniques here, that would invoke flashbacks in you.
trynoval: It's a horrible symptom that people are afraid to use their main accounts to tell obvious and harmless truth. Current atmosphere here is beloved store and community for many years have turned into Orwellian State.
Yeah, sure, dude...why not try and stay within the limits of reality? It's better for your blood pressure, too.

Btw: "obvious and harmless truth" has never been the reason to get banned here.
Maybe the way these "obvious and harmless truths" have been presented, but never the obvious and harmless truth itself.
flabberghost: ...maybe i violate their forum guidelines only by saying my opinion.
Nope. See above.
Post edited September 24, 2021 by BreOl72
low rated
BreOl72: Sheesh, dude...calm down. I wasn't aware I was using GULAG techniques here, that would invoke flashbacks in you.
trynoval: It's a horrible symptom that people are afraid to use their main accounts to tell obvious and harmless truth. Current atmosphere here is beloved store and community for many years have turned into Orwellian State.
BreOl72: Yeah, sure, dude...why not try and stay within the limits of reality? It's better for your blood pressure, too.

Maybe the way these "obvious and harmless truths" have been presented, but never the obvious and harmless truth itself.
Btw: they never released a game with fully intact DRM here..
and why are you attacking us here?
Post edited September 24, 2021 by flabberghost
low rated

It's a horrible symptom that people are afraid to use their main accounts to tell obvious and harmless truth. Current atmosphere here is beloved store and community for many years have turned into Orwellian State.
Afraid? What is happening here is just a suspicios account created to spread even more noise. And the horrible symptom is trying to justify such practices because you agree what he say when probably he is just trolling. Apparently the legit opinions aganst the HITMAN release in the current state are not enough. Noise, spam and trolling is needed.
low rated
flabberghost: and why are you attacking us here?
Oh, you're one of those...I see. Sorry for "attacking" you.
I leave you alone now, so you don't get hurt anymore. Bye.
BreOl72: Sheesh, dude...calm down. I wasn't aware I was using GULAG techniques here, that would invoke flashbacks in you.
BreOl72: Yeah, sure, dude...why not try and stay within the limits of reality? It's better for your blood pressure, too.

flabberghost: ...maybe i violate their forum guidelines only by saying my opinion.
BreOl72: Nope. See above.
So, instead of giving an apology to this guy, like any honest person would do, you're trying to insult me with political BS? Sweet.
Now I see that this guy's worries are justified.
high rated
To anyone who tries to down play this saying it's "just one game".

Many developers and publishers do not like selling their games without DRM and only reluctantly put their games on GOG after their "cycle" on Steam and elsewhere is done. If Hitman in it's current state is acceptable, many other companies will want to do the same thing. And ultimately it will be the end of GOG because once games there have the same DRM as Steam there is no point.

By being outraged we are actually doing GOG and it's shareholders a favor.