It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
low rated
timppu: Ok so you chimed into this thread due to some other chip on your shoulder against GOG?
MarkoH01: Could you please stop to be so agressive just because you disagree with people?
Sorry if I make the inconvenient questions, but someone has to. I just want more transparency on people's motives.

A reminder to all: if you really want to affect how GOG does business, buy their stock.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by timppu
high rated
Gylfe: If you arent familiar with these new Hitman games, then do some research and youll see why these extras are online.
With all due respect, no, I won't see why these extras are online-only. There is absolutely no justifiable reason for any content in a single-player game to require an active connection to IOI's servers. ALL content should be provided via downloads (with the user choosing to install/update either through Galaxy or via offline installers). Especially now, when the game is 5.5 years old, there is no reason for the Galaxy installer or offline installer to exclude any content that has been released to this point.
EnforcerSunWoo: What about the chip on your shoulder that allows you to endlessly berate another user because their values do not add up to yours?
You seem to hold true to the fallacy that all values are worthwhile and equal. Pro-DRM people and DRM-defenders are anathema and HARMFUL.
timppu: I keep voting with my wallet.
Us too. Doing the one thing does not preclude doing the other as well, simultaneously.

In other words, we can buy much less and/or not at all from GOG and criticize them for their very bad decisions too.
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Us too. Doing the one thing does not preclude doing the other as well, simultaneously.

In other words, we can buy much less and/or not at all from GOG and criticize them for their very bad decisions too.
Sure, if that makes you feel better. It can be cathartic to march in front of McDonalds too.
Post edited September 22, 2021 by timppu
high rated
Got the email news that this game has dropped on GOG finally. Got hype. Saw that it was always online DRM. Got sad.

This is not ok GOG, we spend our money here for a reason.

FIX THIS.
high rated
Well, (ex) Gods of GOG ... sigh

This is really, very sad to read. It seems you've finally surrendered the DRM sails, and set course for mediocrity. Good luck, there are rough seas ahead, and plenty of other ports for crews to make a course for.

Why don't you all sit down, make a nice pot of tea, and decide where to set sail course for next?

You were once trailbraizers. You're heading for the duldrums....
low rated
Just wanted to say this sh*te stinks to no end.....very disappointed in GOG atm.

Also: refund machine go brrrr
(pic very much related, I would expect)

As for those saying GOG should put a blurb on the store page: sadly, they can't.....each rights holder dictates what goes there. If anyone wants that changed they need to contact the ones who own the IP.
Attachments:
brrr.jpg (53 Kb)
high rated
GilesHabibula: I am wondering how much work would it take for IOI to make all single-player aspects playable offline. While it probably isn't trivial to do so, it probably wouldn't be too big of hurdle either.

They would gain a lot of goodwill by doing whatever it takes to make it happen.
ReynardFox: And if it was a hurdle too big for IOI and they were unwilling to overcome it, GOG should have rejected the game outright.

But that would have required a spine.
Or common sense.
I mean really, GOG MUST have seen this shitstorm coming from a miles away.
high rated
MarkoH01: Could you please stop to be so agressive just because you disagree with people?
timppu: Sorry if I make the inconvenient questions, but someone has to. I just want more transparency on people's motives.

A reminder to all: if you really want to affect how GOG does business, buy their stock.
I don't have any problems with your questions - it is the agressive wording I have a problem with.

Regarding your suggestion to buy shares. As you said, it takes quite a lot of shares to decide anything. Any suggestions how to get the amount of money I would need to do this? I don't think that buying shares for that much money is a valid alternative for a customer to telling GOG how they feel in their forum or actively boycotting them and explaining why they do or plan to do this.
low rated
Ancient-Red-Dragon: Us too.
Oh forgot: as I said in some other messages, by stopping buying any DRM-free games from GOG may send the opposite signal than what your intention may have been. It may be understood as the signal that DRM-free games don't sell well, so publishers see even less reason to release games DRM-free (on GOG or elsewhere).

So I am not convinced that is the best way of "voting with your wallet", if one wishes to see DRM-free games on GOG. But, naturally I can't control your buying habits or wallet usage.
high rated
timppu: I am here for the games. DRM-free games.
Then you just stepped into the W R O N G thread, ma boi! ;-P
HappyPunkPotato: People are even complaining on Reddit about the DRM instead of defending it, things must be bad!
https://www.reddit.com/r/gog/comments/pt9wcl/hitman_2016_has_released_on_gog_with_online_drm/
fronzelneekburm: Wow, there's some galaxy-brained takes to be found in that thread...

Does it really have DRM though?

If you install the game on two computers, can you play both at the same time?

If the answer is yes, then you're not dealing with DRM. Your dealing with an internet connection requirement for certain aspects of the game which have nothing to do with digital rights.
fronzelneekburm: Peak leddit! xD
It is interesting to see what some people will argue, isn't it? If we really want to get technical about it, DRM (the technological methods used to prevent access to illegitimately-obtained games) isn't even DRM (digital rights management). If I purchase a game, then I am granted a license (rights) to play it, and no amount of technological checks or barriers will change those rights, so DRM does not "manage" anything.

Maybe that reddiot would prefer that we start calling these technological measures (such as Hitman's constant-connection requirement) DAM (digital access management) rather than DRM (digital rights management).
low rated
timppu: It may be understood as the signal that DRM-free games don't sell well, so publishers see even less reason to release games DRM-free (on GOG or elsewhere).
Let's be honest here: the big time ip holders and AAA game makers mainly do what they want regardless, and treat GOG like the their own personal hog trough
low rated
MarkoH01: Regarding your suggestion to buy shares. As you said, it takes quite a lot of shares to decide anything. Any suggestions how to get the amount of money I would need to do this? I don't think that buying shares for that much money is a valid alternative for a customer to telling GOG how they feel in their forum or actively boycotting them and explaining why they do or plan to do this.
Yes it is much cheaper to complain and not buy games, but its effectiveness may easily be zero, depending if anyone who has any control on GOG's business is even reading the complaints, or cares about them enough. And as said, a story-wide boycott, including the DRM-free games, may even send the opposite message of what was intended (DRM-free games don't sell = ok then, not releasing any more DRM-free games as they don't even sell).

At least by buying shares you are buying actual clout to company's business decisions, and most importantly: you are putting your money where your mouth is. Then it is also your money at stake when you tell GOG how they should be running their business.