It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
Breja: Well, it's Monday... and the game's page is still the same misleading, incomplete description. Good, great, excellent. It's a good thing we "brought it to your attention", right, GOG?
lolplatypus: To be fair

chandra: We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks.
lolplatypus: Thinking back how these things worked with every other incident in recent years, I'd be pleasantly surprised to hear anything on this before Friday at the very earliest. This being acknowledged I'd consider an improvement, really.
I don't envy them. They are, after all, going to spend the coming weeks looking into (the gun barrel of) Hitman,
high rated
Breja: Well, it's Monday... and the game's page is still the same misleading, incomplete description. Good, great, excellent. It's a good thing we "brought it to your attention", right, GOG?

chandra: We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks.
lolplatypus: Thinking back how these things worked with every other incident in recent years, I'd be pleasantly surprised to hear anything on this before Friday at the very earliest. This being acknowledged I'd consider an improvement, really.
I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. At this point I was just talking about altering the game's description to an accurate one. The absolute bare minimum of what they should do, regardless of what their actual DRM policy is now. Is that also something that takes weeks? I know GOG's website is a mess, but come on. It's something that could be fixed in two minutes.

Right now they are misleading customers, have been for five days, and they know it. And they just keep doing it.
Soooo, you want them to work on the weekend? Hurra for the crunches!? It's not as easy as change the description, all the description text and requirements are agreed between parties, IO Interactive must agree to the change otherwise GOG will be liable to contract infringement...

Yes, someone fucked-up by rushing this release without double-checking the single-player unlocks in offline mode, but give them time to dig into the problem and find the correct way to fix it. Working on weekends is not good to ask them to do...
high rated
Breja: It's something that could be fixed in two minutes.
They did something that took only two minutes... they deleted nearly all negative reviews from the game site!
Shebuka: Soooo, you want them to work on the weekend? Hurra for the crunches!? It's not as easy as change the description, all the description text and requirements are agreed between parties, IO Interactive must agree to the change otherwise GOG will be liable to contract infringement...

Yes, someone fucked-up by rushing this release without double-checking the single-player unlocks in offline mode, but give them time to dig into the problem and find the correct way to fix it. Working on weekends is not good to ask them to do...
Here is something that they could have done today:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_here_is_something_you_can_do_while_looking_into_hitman/post1
Post edited September 27, 2021 by mrkgnao
andreasmaureder: They did something that took only two minutes... they deleted nearly all negative reviews from the game site!
my review got removed for sure. and this time i wasn't even calling for RIOTS at night!!!
PxxR99: Dear GOG, I've been a happy customer since 2009 according to my account, although my memory tells me that it's been even longer than that. And I'm also a huge fan on the Hitman series. Having said that, this situation is completely unacceptable and if IO is unwilling to patch this game then it does not belong in this store.

I have a spotty Internet connection and playing this game on Steam, it would repeatedly take me out of the game to tell me that my connection has been lost and my progress would not be saved, so I would have to play levels sometimes repeatedly and just hope the connection would last until the end of the level just to get the mastery ranks. And those ranks are a huge part of the game. Sure, you could play each level once and see the story to its completion, but the whole point of the Hitman series is to play around the sandbox they have created for you and to try different methods, and for those the unlocks are vital on getting it done. How are you going to do the sniper challenges for example when you can't unlock the sniper rifle?

And that is to say nothing about what happens when those servers go offline permanently. Most people seem to assume that IO will patch offline mode into the game then, but if they haven't bothered to patch it in 5+ years they probably won't do it later either...
MOST STEAM USERS ASSUMED that Valve would make all their games DRM free if they ever closed down...
Post edited September 27, 2021 by dick1982
chandra: we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
Kuldor: Dear CDPR, I will not tolerate buying games from your platform anymore.

In the span of a single year you've managed to trash everything you built over a decade of good work. Good job.
You might want to get yourself listed here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/boycotting_gog_2021/post1
low rated
Shebuka: Soooo, you want them to work on the weekend? Hurra for the crunches!? It's not as easy as change the description, all the description text and requirements are agreed between parties, IO Interactive must agree to the change otherwise GOG will be liable to contract infringement...

mrkgnao: Here is something that they could have done today:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_here_is_something_you_can_do_while_looking_into_hitman/post1
My message was not a TL,DR... "all the description text and requirements are agreed between parties, IO Interactive must agree to the change otherwise GOG will be liable to contract infringement...". They can't change it without actually verifying it first with their contractual partner.

And you too posted that thread on a weekend, 'requiring' someone to take time off from taking care of their children/whatever they do on a weekend to address what is not a life/death situation, a text on a webpage...
andreasmaureder: They did something that took only two minutes... they deleted nearly all negative reviews from the game site!
hmmm wtf i got deleted for quoting this post and saying my negative review was deleted.

was that necessary and so TRIGGERING to you, Gogman?
high rated
Shebuka: My message was not a TL,DR... "all the description text and requirements are agreed between parties, IO Interactive must agree to the change otherwise GOG will be liable to contract infringement...". They can't change it without actually verifying it first with their contractual partner.

And you too posted that thread on a weekend, 'requiring' someone to take time off from taking care of their children/whatever they do on a weekend to address what is not a life/death situation, a text on a webpage...
They could have read it, picked up the phone, and changed it today.

The same way that they are bound by contracts with IOI, they are bound by EU and Polish laws not to false advertise, which they are knowingly doing now.

Thinking back how these things worked with every other incident in recent years, I'd be pleasantly surprised to hear anything on this before Friday at the very earliest. This being acknowledged I'd consider an improvement, really.
Breja: I'm sorry, but that's bullshit. At this point I was just talking about altering the game's description to an accurate one. The absolute bare minimum of what they should do, regardless of what their actual DRM policy is now. Is that also something that takes weeks? I know GOG's website is a mess, but come on. It's something that could be fixed in two minutes.

Right now they are misleading customers, have been for five days, and they know it. And they just keep doing it.
Yeah, you are completely right.

But you know how it is. I'm expecting the description to be accurately updated sometime next week to address community feedback. And that will be the end of it.

I honestly admire your energy. I just found it too draining not to tamper my expectations after ... well, look at everything.
dick1982: hmmm wtf i got deleted for quoting this post and saying my negative review was deleted.

was that necessary and so TRIGGERING to you, Gogman?
It wasn't deleted. Here it is:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hitman_game_of_the_year_edition_11093/post1327 (combined with another since you posted one after the other, without waiting 10 minutes)
Day 5 you say?

Well, to be fair: it takes awhile, to count the "bloodmoney" (pun intended) gained from "Hitman". ;-)

Let's see how long #Gog47 will be in Stealth mode...killing reviews.

I am curious as well to see how they will solve this situation. :-)
Post edited September 27, 2021 by Paraharaha
high rated
“In my opinion, management spends way too much time in business discussions and not nearly enough listening to customers' comments.” - Michal Kicinski the CEO of CDPR

Aged like a fine wine... that has turned into vinegar.
And GOG is releasing new games, business as usual. Not like the place is on fire... its fine.