It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. HITMAN - Game of The Year Edition is now available on GOG.COM with an astounding 70% discount that will last until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Get ready for even more challenges! All games from the Hitman series available on GOG.COM receive 75% discounts lasting also until 29th September 2021, 1 PM UTC:

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
high rated
Dear Community,

Thank you for your patience and for giving us the time to investigate the release of HITMAN GOTY on GOG. As promised, we’re getting back to you with updates.

We're still in dialogue with IO Interactive about this release. Today we have removed HITMAN GOTY from GOG’s catalog – we shouldn’t have released it in its current form, as you’ve pointed out.

We’d like to apologise for the confusion and anger generated by this situation. We’ve let you down and we’d like to thank you for bringing this topic to us – while it was honest to the bone, it shows how passionate you are towards GOG.

We appreciate your feedback and will continue our efforts to improve our communication with you.
Post edited October 08, 2021 by chandra
high rated
fronzelneekburm: Not true.

The last "GOG core pricnicple" committed suicide.
Hey, that's still a win in Hitman.
high rated
They won't tolerate "review bombing," but they're perfectly happy to tolerate the vitriolic trolling from users like Krogan. I think I've seen all I need to see here.

We won't tolerate this behavior from a store, consider my patronage revoked. Bye.
high rated
fronzelneekburm: The last "GOG core principle" committed suicide.
The last "GOG core principle" is alive and well. It states: "GOGMixes will return". It will never die.
So when can we get extra missions. Weapons without internet?
low rated
(preface to mods reading: this post isn't disputing mod actions)

fronzelneekburm: It's become such a predictable pattern that I'm starting to wonder whether this is company policy.
One should just assume that everything that GOG does/doesn't do is company policy, as that's likely correct.
(imo this is confirmed by things like the way the forum staff's posting is so controlled by higher ups)

====

KnightW0lf: So when can we get extra missions. Weapons without internet?
According to GOG: Soon(tm)

Jokes aside, they said they're looking into it for the next few weeks.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by GamezRanker
high rated
octalot: I think this is going to have an effect on other games whose Gog pages have anything ambiguous on them. If I'm wondering about buying a game, but there's something unclear about it working offline, then my response now is going to be to see if it's already been asked in the forums, and if it hasn't to post a question myself. That's a major speed-bump in the purchasing process.

Take "Victor Vran", which is currently on sale at a price cheap enough for an impulse purchase. A bit of research suggests that everything does work offline, but by the time I felt happy with that I'd already noticed that it has some long-standing bugs, and also that all the screenshots show a lack of variety in enemies. The speed-bump lost them the sale, because after doing the research and checking out a Let's Play, I'm no longer interested in playing it myself.
Well said.

Another example, I have 3 games in my basket at the time I am typing this reply.
Three games from current sales.
Any other time I would have already clicked the "buy button" and finish the transaction.
Now I am waiting for GOG to do something about this, seriously do something. If they don't by the time the sale ends in a day or two, I will simply remove the games from the basket. That's 3 sales lost, just from me now. I was also planning on buying the rest of the Star Trek games which were recently released, so that's another 6 or so sales lost. That's just from me.

Good job GOG.

I am someone who has bought over 1600 games here and I had no plan on stopping buying games from here for hopefully decades to come.

Good job GOG.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by trusteft
high rated
octalot: I think this is going to have an effect on other games whose Gog pages have anything ambiguous on them. If I'm wondering about buying a game, but there's something unclear about it working offline, then my response now is going to be to see if it's already been asked in the forums, and if it hasn't to post a question myself. That's a major speed-bump in the purchasing process.

Take "Victor Vran", which is currently on sale at a price cheap enough for an impulse purchase. A bit of research suggests that everything does work offline, but by the time I felt happy with that I'd already noticed that it has some long-standing bugs, and also that all the screenshots show a lack of variety in enemies. The speed-bump lost them the sale, because after doing the research and checking out a Let's Play, I'm no longer interested in playing it myself.
trusteft: Well said.

Another example, I have 3 games in my basket at the time I am typing this reply.
Three games from current sales.
Any other time I would have already clicked the "buy button" and finish the transaction.
Now I am waiting for GOG to do something about this, seriously do something. If they don't by the time the sale ends in a day or two, I will simply remove the games from the basket. That's 3 sales lost, just from me now. I was also planning on buying the rest of the Star Trek games which were recently released, so that's another 6 or so sales lost. That's just from me.

Good job GOG.

I am someone who has bought over 1600 games here and I had no plan on stopping buying games from here for hopefully decades to go.

Good job GOG.
In the same boat, I was gonna buy 2 or 3 games from the sales this weekend but I'm just holding off for now until an official response from GOG, that response will dictate where I spend money moving forward.
high rated
chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. We’re looking into it and will be updating you in the coming weeks. In case you have purchased HITMAN and are not satisfied with the released version, you can use your right to refund the game. At the same time, while we’re open for meritful discussion and feedback, we will not tolerate review bombing and will be removing posts that do not follow our review guidelines.
So the short and honest version is "Take it or leave it", as expected.
That's why I rarely come to this shop anymore, and of course because the old core principles that made this shop relevant have been betrayed for years now.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by Klumpen0815
high rated
Lukin86: The problem is that more and more AA or AAA solo players are using game service functions. And publishers are notorious for not offering a corrective patch later to offer a full offline option. At best they maintain their servers or at worst they close everything and the game ends up with almost nothing. And in the future I wouldn't be surprised if all AA and AAA games will have a game service system. In the end, only the indies will remain gog.
I'm actually happy with that. I think many of us have written off expecting a GOG release of many modern online server-centric AAA games anyway. For me it was somewhere around 2015-2016 when things began to noticeably change (eg, for Square Enix games, the difference between Deus Ex Human Revolution vs Mankind Divided's attempt at introducing (online-locked) "pay per play DLC" and "tiered pre-orders"). The GOG version of that had offline installer issues for that reason, and although it was patched, it sent a "warning signal" to those listening of difficulties with future "partial online service" games. Personally I'd rather have more Indie's and older games done right than half failed attempts at bringing "online service" based AAA's here and making a huge mess of the store in the process like this one.

wolfsite: In the same boat, I was gonna buy 2 or 3 games from the sales this weekend but I'm just holding off for now until an official response from GOG, that response will dictate where I spend money moving forward.
Same. I'm not exactly hard boycotting GOG but there's a couple of games on the wishlist on sale that I'm just going to leave there without buying this weekend, at least until they make it more clear which direction they're going with this. If they just shrug and walk away from it on the feeble excuse of "our DRM-Free guarantee is not even whole single player games anymore, merely 'core' parts of them", I'll be cutting way back on future spending. For older games I own on disc (and I have a lot, most of which I had the foresight to source a clean working NoCD when I bought them years ago), I've also reached the point where I don't see buying a GOG version anyway to "support" them as something I'll be doing anymore until they get a grip of themselves.
high rated
Jigowatts121: Having looked at the Hitman GOTY trailer on the GOG YouTube Channel I can see that the comments section has been disabled, See here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob-dF7gLwd4

Yet all other videos have there comments enabled which you can pick from here

https://www.youtube.com/c/gog/videos

This really doesn't put GOG in a better light!
That is sadly pathetic and cowardly. If you can't stand the heat GOG, stay the fuck out of the kitchen. As if it didn't make them look bad already they just had to shutdown discussion of it on the trailer. Apparently they cannot handle the truth of the matter and would rather silence valid criticisms.
There is, for me, not much difference between a dictatirship country and a company that are getting negative responses. Both just shut down the possibility to discuss their actions, because they get unwanted answers and criticism.
If the answers they are getting are in line with what they like, everything is fine.
high rated
Someone is not the best selling game on the store anymore :D
high rated
EnforcerSunWoo: That is sadly pathetic and cowardly. If you can't stand the heat GOG, stay the fuck out of the kitchen. As if it didn't make them look bad already they just had to shutdown discussion of it on the trailer. Apparently they cannot handle the truth of the matter and would rather silence valid criticisms.
Disabling comments on the release trailer... yeah that is totally the normal, healthy action of an innocent company who've done nothing wrong. Totally not an admission of guilt in any way.

Cowards.
high rated
Well this is truly disappointing, GOG is going downhill.

Edit :

chandra: Dear GOG community!

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention.
*facepalm*
Post edited September 26, 2021 by dixxn
This only can end in two ways, doing nothing and waiting the storm pass away or making an update for the game with the online content as a patch offline (as i understand from this game is not possible or very difficult because of the core game should be modified. Then the HITMAN version from gog would be the best of all versus Steam or Epic version. We will see. I don´t see Gog deleting the game of his page.