It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Jump into the fast and fluid 2D action-platformer packed with legendary loot and stunning pixel art. Foregone is now available on GOG.COM with a 20% discount that will end on 8th March 2021, 8 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Yes! I've been waiting for it
Thanks, GOG!
So, how are saves and deaths handled in this game?
Damn... that trailer had me totally sold until "souls-like" flashed on the screen. Gonna assume there's no difficulty settings then and it isn't suitable for more casual play? Game looked really cool though.
TomNuke: Damn... that trailer had me totally sold until "souls-like" flashed on the screen.
Probably my favorite among marketing "buzz-phrases" that only work as deterrents for me. Really, I thought we were done with that particular bandwagon. Why aren't there any "uncharted-likes" or "KOTOR-likes"?
While reading the game card I kept waiting for "random" or "procedural" or permadeath" or "rogue-lite" or any other keywords that never came. In fact there was a "hand-crafted" in there!

I'll check it out a bit more tomorrow. Tonight's recreation is already planned.
low rated
TomNuke: Damn... that trailer had me totally sold until "souls-like" flashed on the screen.
Breja: Probably my favorite among marketing "buzz-phrases" that only work as deterrents for me. Really, I thought we were done with that particular bandwagon. Why aren't there any "uncharted-likes" or "KOTOR-likes"?
I'd also like to see more SaGa-likes, preferably from some people who aren't connected to the SaGa franchise, so that there'd be more variety in RPG core growth mechanics. (XP-based leveling does eventually get old.)

(Also Wizardry-likes, though every now and then one of them does manage to escape Japan.)

Speaking of buzzwords, the term "RPG" has been abused to the point where it has lost its meaning (hence why my personal definition of RPG is so strict), and a game being advertized as an RPG does not tell me if it's a game that would scratch the same itch that Final Fantasy 3 (the game I've been replaying lately) does.
mqstout: While reading the game card I kept waiting for "random" or "procedural" or permadeath" or "rogue-lite" or any other keywords that never came. In fact there was a "hand-crafted" in there!

I'll check it out a bit more tomorrow. Tonight's recreation is already planned.
Would you play a game with hand-crafted procedurally generated worlds (whatever that means)?
Post edited March 02, 2021 by dtgreene
dtgreene: Would you play a game with hand-crafted procedurally generated worlds (whatever that means)?
Good question! I interpret that as Oblivion, where the world was crafted, but the tree/shrub/etc placement is dynamically placed during play, and I think the harvest-ables were placed procedurally by a seed so they're consistent, or something like that.

It's a trade-off. Procgen can work for some games (4x games), but not others ("metroidvanias"), and others in between. But it's generally an "avoid this game" flag for platformers for sure.
I was waiting for this. "Dead Cells"-like?
A sort of handcrafted Dead Cells with amazing animations... The only reason not to wishlist it is buying it.
This game was not only made in the same country as me, but also the same province! It was backed by the Ontario Creates program.
J Lo: This game was not only made in the same country as me, but also the same province!
Are You also pixelated and souls-like?
low rated
mqstout: It's a trade-off. Procgen can work for some games (4x games), but not others ("metroidvanias"), and others in between. But it's generally an "avoid this game" flag for platformers for sure.
I sometimes enjoy playing Syobon Action's "Mystery Dungeon" mode (press the numeral 0 on the title screen). Just don't take it seriously, as you often have to die dozens of times before the game gives you a level you can clear.
Saw this on a lets play channel and loved it. Didnt know it was coming here. Wishlisted while i collect funds to buy it...
low rated
Still want an answer to my question about the save system and the handling of death.