It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Discover the majestic world of Canadian Nova Scotia while admiring the vast diversity of ocean life. Fishing: North Atlantic is now available on GOG.COM sporting a 15% discount that will last until 23rd April 2021, 1 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Looks like noone's biting. =P
Mr.Mumbles: Looks like noone's biting. =P
Too fishy?
Finally a fishing video game on gog.com.

Now if only we can get those early 2000's Cabellas fishing video games and some other fishing simulators that are not Free to Play (F2P) ones.

I have been waiting for fishing video games for years and years.

Besides Ultimate Fishing Simulator being sold on gog.com, what other fishing video games even exists?
Post edited April 16, 2021 by Johnathanamz
I am kind of wary...I saw that Cooking Simulator got pulled by another Dev recently leaving the buyers high and dry (it's still on Steam). I wouldn't want to pay this price, even with the discount, and have something similar happen to this one..

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I really would like to try it out!
Post edited April 16, 2021 by allope
Huh. A 10 gigabyte commercial fishing simulator (that's right, not home fishing) made by a company whose entire MO is developing niche products.

No foolin, that's what their website says.
What's wrong with this developer? This game has been a hit on steam
allope: I am kind of wary...I saw that Cooking Simulator got pulled by another Dev recently leaving the buyers high and dry (it's still on Steam). I wouldn't want to pay this price, even with the discount, and have something similar happen to this one..

This game was released last year on steam so the version released on GOG is already a pretty polished version which has received quite a few updates and patches already. Also as you have said it is a completely different developer and game so I don’t really see the connection. Of course there is always the risk of a developer abandoning their game on GOG but that goes for every game that releases.
Post edited April 16, 2021 by GaminRaskolnikov
allope: I am kind of wary...I saw that Cooking Simulator got pulled by another Dev recently leaving the buyers high and dry (it's still on Steam). I wouldn't want to pay this price, even with the discount, and have something similar happen to this one..

GaminRaskolnikov: This game was released last year on steam so the version released on GOG is already a pretty polished version which has received quite a few updates and patches already. Also as you have said it is a completely different developer and game so I don’t really see the connection. Of course there is always the risk of a developer abandoning their game on GOG but that goes for every game that releases.
You're correct on both counts. It was a bit of a reflex reaction since I saw the news about Cooking Sim. I almost bought before it got pulled. Most the sims here seem to be doing OK on updates and such. And, yes, as GoG customers we are either waiting for update abandonment or losing the opportunity to buy a DRM free version of a game altogether.
Mr.Mumbles: Looks like noone's biting. =P
toxicTom: Too fishy?
Had other fish to fry?
GaminRaskolnikov: This game was released last year on steam so the version released on GOG is already a pretty polished version which has received quite a few updates and patches already. Also as you have said it is a completely different developer and game so I don’t really see the connection. Of course there is always the risk of a developer abandoning their game on GOG but that goes for every game that releases.
allope: You're correct on both counts. It was a bit of a reflex reaction since I saw the news about Cooking Sim. I almost bought before it got pulled. Most the sims here seem to be doing OK on updates and such. And, yes, as GoG customers we are either waiting for update abandonment or losing the opportunity to buy a DRM free version of a game altogether.
The team behind this game is very communicative according to steam users.

Back in the day I tried a game called barents of the sea. It was really good.

I don't know if this will be the same
StrongSoldier: What's wrong with this developer? This game has been a hit on steam
Nothing is wrong, per se, just a lot of people are a bit miffed over GOG being treated as a third party, and another "nobody knows dev" isn't a great confidence booster.
Darvond: Huh. A 10 gigabyte commercial fishing simulator (that's right, not home fishing) made by a company whose entire MO is developing niche products.

No foolin, that's what their website says.
I wouldnt complain considering some of the weird simulators being sold on GOG (and in general...)
Hello!

I like the water and weather physics shown in the trailer.
For me it looks inviting even to just stay out on the ocean and to enjoy the ride, but I think my current machine will not be capable to run it.

Since the system requirements are not listed here on the GOG.com game page, yet, I took a look at the developer's homepage. It seems to be too much for my Intel (U)HD 620.

Does anyone have experience with integrated graphics chipset and this game?
How much is actually configurable in the game's settings?

Before I forget, is there any other sea-life besides the fishing objectives, such as wales, dolphines etc.?

And by the way, I think it is great to have more non-combat-oriented games and simulators here on GOG.com!

Kind regards,
foxgog

[Edit: additional question regarding sea-life]
Post edited April 17, 2021 by foxgog
Niggles: I wouldnt complain considering some of the weird simulators being sold on GOG (and in general...)
Not a complaint. More a "Huh, interesting."