It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

An uplifting narrative experience about a journey, and the breaks that follow it – Fireside is now available on GOG!

In this 2D, hand-drawn adventure title you’ll make friends, trade and chat at the campfire, weave connections, and explore a serene magic-filled world. If you’re looking for something incredibly cozy and relaxing, make sure you won’t miss this one!

Fireside – now on GOG!
This looks nice, but I wish it wasn't quite so "serene". All this tranquility just sounds a bit boring to me. A good journey needs some goblins or giant spiders along the way.
Breja: This looks nice, but I wish it wasn't quite so "serene". All this tranquility just sounds a bit boring to me. A good journey needs some goblins or giant spiders along the way.
Well, it's quite obviously targeted at those for whom it doesn't, who just want to unwind. There's a sizable market for that as well out there.
Breja: This looks nice, but I wish it wasn't quite so "serene". All this tranquility just sounds a bit boring to me. A good journey needs some goblins or giant spiders along the way.
Congratz!
You just discovered, that not every game is made for you personally.
I made that same discovery a few yeras ago.
From this day on, your life will be much easier.
Cavalary: Well, it's quite obviously targeted at those for whom it doesn't, who just want to unwind. There's a sizable market for that as well out there.
BreOl72: Congratz!
You just discovered, that not every game is made for you personally.
I made that same discovery a few yeras ago.
From this day on, your life will be much easier.
Yes, thank you guys for the "breaking news: people have different tastes" update. And here I was, totally not speaking just for myself. It was absolutely my intention to imply that my post is some universal truth. It's so good you're here to point this out and fight with the plague of people voicing their opinion, when others might have a different one. Imagine the chaos and mental harm caused by people being exposed to opinions of others.

I once read a horror story about some evil force manifesting itself as this place on the Internet where people just exchanged their views freely. Dreadful stuff. It was called The Forum.
Post edited June 04, 2024 by Breja
Breja: And here I was, totally not speaking just for myself.
Oh?
For whom else were you speaking then?
I must have missed that part in your comment.

Edit:
Breja: This looks nice, but >I< wish it wasn't quite so "serene".
All this tranquility just sounds a bit boring >to me.<
A good journey needs some goblins or giant spiders along the way.
Post edited June 04, 2024 by BreOl72
Breja: And here I was, totally not speaking just for myself.
BreOl72: Oh?
I can't even.
BreOl72: Oh?
Breja: I can't even.
Sorry, but I can't be bothered to try and descramble a botched url.
If you have something to say - say it.
BreOl72: Sorry, but I can't be bothered to try and descramble a botched url.
I already did. If you really can't figure it out, that's your problem. I wasted enough time on your "oh no, an opinion!" tantrum.

Oh, and the link works. Even in your quote of my post. No idea what your problem is.
BreOl72: Sorry, but I can't be bothered to try and descramble a botched url.
Breja: I already did. If you really can't figure it out, that's your problem. I wasted enough time on your "oh no, an opinion!" tantrum.
Well, if you see an "oh no, an opinion!" tantrum in my comment, then that's entirely your problem.
Breja: Oh, and the link works. Even in your quote of my post. No idea what your problem is.
It didn't when I wrote my comment.
As you know, since you desperately tried to fix it.
Congratz - you managed to fix it, before I clicked "send".
Well done.
(I'm still not clicking on it, though)

Have a nice one.
What about trolls and stone giants?

The game looks very nice, and extremely cute! I don't know what to think about it, though. On one hand, I think I need something a little more challenging, but on the other hand, I've already bought it.
DarkBattler: What about trolls and stone giants?
Those can do as well. The stone giants were one of the more fun levels of the Lego Hobbit game (even though I didn't really like that scene in the movie too much).
This looks lovely!
I'm trying to hold off on buying new games at the moment so I can work through my backlog but... can... not... resist!
Breja: Those can do as well. The stone giants were one of the more fun levels of the Lego Hobbit game (even though I didn't really like that scene in the movie too much).
I prefer to forget that there was ever a movie. However, I have to admit that Lego The Hobbit was surprisingly good. I liked the 2003 The Hobbit game more, though.
DarkBattler: I liked the 2003 The Hobbit game more, though.
That's one of my most hoped for releases for GOG, as I never had a chance to play it yet. I might just get a used retail copy one of these days, and hope I'll get it to run.