It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What if you could change anything?

<span class="bold">else Heart.Break()</span>, a peculiar mix of hacking, leisure, and adventure, is available now for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux--DRM-free on GOG.com with a 30% launch discount.

A premise - you can change anything, down to the very atoms of the world. A query - what would you change? An answer - all the little things...
A new home, new place, and a town where atoms have been replaced by bits. It's a good thing that you're a bit of a programmer. So get out there, friend. Get to know the town and its people, with its little nooks and crannies, playgrounds and cafes. Take it slow, play it cool, reprogram a billboard on your way home so that it says "poop", no biggie, whatever. The world is your oyster, and you have all the time to soak it up. else Heart.Break() is a difficult game to truly nail down, but in offering everything from a deep and realistic hacking sim (no previous experience required), a day-to-day life simulator, and an adventure game, it quickly becomes one of the most curious gaming concepts this year.

<span class="bold">else Heart.Break()</span> is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com. The 30% launch discount will last until Thursday, October 1, 2:59 PM GMT.

Stream watch:

Want to see the game live? <B>Outstar will be showing off the title at Twitch.tv/GOGcom on Tuesday, September 29th, at 8pm GMT / 9pm BST / 10pm CEST / 4pm EDT / 1pm PDT in our all-new InDev release show. Tune in!
VampiroAlhazred: Great release!! Wishlisted for now, but I can't wait to explore the city of Dorisburg!
JudasIscariot: All I can say is when you do get this, keep a notepad handy :)
Thanks Judas, I'm even more excited about this game now! =)
Agreed with others, this looks interesting; like the style at the very least.. Will hold for some reviews.
Looks really intriguing... would instabuy if I could afford it right now. But the time will come.
Whoa, I see code!!!
Totally unexpected release. Artsy, so cool..!
But what's with the () ? What's it supposed to be, a coffee bean?! :D
vicklemos: Totally unexpected release. Artsy, so cool..!
() indicates a function with no arguments in most programming languages. Here, it means that the function Break() in the object Heart is called.
Post edited September 24, 2015 by Lillesort131
this game looks like something I should definitely try, because it will most likely be very special

if wallet(full)=true goto
shop
Lillesort131: () indicates a function with no arguments in most programming languages. Here, it means that the function Break() in the object Heart is called.
I know.
I do. At least now :P

And, let's not forget that, in order to code correctly, one needs tons of coffee, right? So maybe I'm not that wrong :D
Hey, this looks nice. Wishlisted!
Colour me curious. This looks damn interesting.

You can even play (and presumably create your own*) mini games on the computer terminals:
http://eriksvedang.com/2015/03/23/secret-arcade-jam-entries/1

So, last weekend a Secret Arcade Jam was held, organized by Erik Svedäng for his else Heart.break() game. The goal was to create a mini-game that can be run on computer terminals inside the game. Erik created a simple Ruby-inspired programming language called Sprak which is used to code the mini-games. What you get inside the game is a terminal with an editor (it even has syntax-highlighting and everything!), compiler and runner to try your code out..

This all sounded like a whole lot of awesomesauce to my friend Dalibor and me, so we decided to give it a go and try and make something. After two days of (haaard) work, we had our own mini game – *drumroll* FireWallCade. It’s a very simple game. You have good and bad “network packets” (green and red blocks) falling down from the top of the screen at increasing speed. Then there are two “ports” at the bottom which can be opened and closed by using left and right keys. The goal here is to block the bad packets and to let the good ones pass through. We even created a splash screen in ASCII, a menu and a GameOver screen. Here are a few screenshots..
Source: http://cmikavac.net/2015/03/27/secret-arcade-jam-firewallcade/
Post edited September 24, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
Lillesort131: () indicates a function with no arguments in most programming languages. Here, it means that the function Break() in the object Heart is called.
That neither makes any sense to me, nor does it even read like plain English. I will never be a programmer :(
HeDanny: That neither makes any sense to me, nor does it even read like plain English. I will never be a programmer :(
Lol, and now try to imagine Yoda saying it. =)
Neither the description or gameplay videos offer an immediate tangible explanation as to what this game is, but I’ll keep looking, because I must know. It has a certain appealing mystique.
markrichardb: Neither the description or gameplay videos offer an immediate tangible explanation as to what this game is, but I’ll keep looking, because I must know. It has a certain appealing mystique.
It's kind of an open world adventure game as you can go anywhere you please and do what you want :) Also, for anyone playing, make sure to pick up the disks labelled "DigitalTrash" :)
Looks very interesting. I'm not a fan of the artwork but at least it's not another game using a bitmap style.

I'll forget to look at my budget and buy it.
Post edited September 24, 2015 by justanoldgamer