It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know them, we love them, and they’re about the get better than ever – DOOM + DOOM II, now available in one, neat pack, is out on GOG!

Developed by id Software, and originally released in 1993, DOOM pioneered and popularized the first-person shooter, setting a standard for all FPS games. The critically acclaimed sequel, DOOM II, followed in 1994. Now the definitive, newly enhanced versions of DOOM and DOOM II are available as a combined product.

Buying DOOM + DOOM II you’ll get access to a variety of content, expansion packs, as well as a series of notable improvements.

Now on GOG!

Worth noting: If you owned DOOM (1993) and/or DOOM II, you’ll receive DOOM + DOOM II for free.
OOhhh, so THAT'S why all of a sudden they appeared in my library, and I was already wondering :D
gsanjin: So is this Osiris or Doom new re-re-re-release?
GOG team keeps demonstrating their skills, and continues devaluating themselves alone on global game market place :) :) :)
It's not GOG who names these files.
g2222: Thank you for giving us all these details. I appreciate the effort.

In another thread, I posted something like "noooo, leave the classics alone!"
Well, they kinda did. The old versions remain available and the upgrade is free. Can't really complain anymore about that.
Are the originals still available though? Only if you already bought them. They're no longer on the store.
high rated
paladin181: Are the originals still available though? Only if you already bought them. They're no longer on the store.
Not available for individual purchase, but still part of the new package:

Owners Receive DOOM¹ , DOOM II¹ , TNT: Evilution , The Plutonia Experiment , Master Levels for DOOM II , No Rest for the Living , Sigil , Legacy of Rust (new episode), a new Deathmatch map pack

¹ The original DOS versions of DOOM (1993) and DOOM II are included in the Good Old Games version.
Getting a crash when starting. Where to submit my Log?
IMPORTANT!: When submitting a crashlog, DO NOT modify or remove any part of this file.
doom_gog caused an Access Violation Exception (0xc0000005)
in module amdxc64.dll at 0033:00007ffd3f65331f .text:00000001800A331F (amdxc64.dll)

Engine version: 4.3
Game version: 1.0.2265

Error occurred at 8/10/2024 23:55:28.
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\DOOM + DOOM II\doom_gog.exe, run by ...
Operating system: 10.0.22631
12 processors, type 8664.
84% memory in use.
15776 MB physical memory.
2498 MB physical memory free.
43424 MB page file.
19960 MB paging file free.
134217728 MB user address space.
134212334 MB user address space free.
Access violation at 00000180f45ce98c. The memory could not be read.
Sulibor: Just for information, you cannot map key for turning right and left, just for "strafe right" and "strafe left", so you need to use mouse to turn character. The game was designed for keyboard only play, so it is a bit of shame it forces mouse as additional input device. Still thanks should be given to Bethesda, Night Dive for work on this port and giving it for free to owners of original game.
Yep - this is a game-over moment for me. I can't stand mouselook that it locked on a vertical plane - feels so unnatural.

Unless they fix this and allow original keybindings, I'll be waiting for a GZDoom update to make the new WAD work.
Sulibor: Just for information, you cannot map key for turning right and left, just for "strafe right" and "strafe left", so you need to use mouse to turn character. The game was designed for keyboard only play, so it is a bit of shame it forces mouse as additional input device. Still thanks should be given to Bethesda, Night Dive for work on this port and giving it for free to owners of original game.
pds41: Yep - this is a game-over moment for me. I can't stand mouselook that it locked on a vertical plane - feels so unnatural.

Unless they fix this and allow original keybindings, I'll be waiting for a GZDoom update to make the new WAD work.
You can already right now get Legacy of Rust going with GZDoom, provided you do this stuff:

1. Download newest DevBuild of GZDoom - https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/
2. Download ZDL Utility version 3.2.2.2 and use that - https://github.com/qbasicer/qzdl/releases/tag/v3.2.2.2-stable
3. See this vid and follow instruction with using ZDL with GZDoom, and the right WADS for Rust - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3h2vfDWE6E
Post edited August 11, 2024 by MysterD
I "got out" of Phobos. Port is nice if you get over the no mouselook fact. Surprisingly a decent way to help with learning new languages, or at least Japanese in my case if you go around in the menus and read the endings and stuff. But for me the main draw is the music, it just makes the game pump your blood more.

I'll prolly play Episodes 1-3 of Doom I and II and call it a day and move on to Doom 3, though.
2Paule: Getting a crash when starting. Where to submit my Log?
IMPORTANT!: When submitting a crashlog, DO NOT modify or remove any part of this file.
doom_gog caused an Access Violation Exception (0xc0000005)
in module amdxc64.dll at 0033:00007ffd3f65331f .text:00000001800A331F (amdxc64.dll)

Engine version: 4.3
Game version: 1.0.2265

Error occurred at 8/10/2024 23:55:28.
C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\DOOM + DOOM II\doom_gog.exe, run by ...
Operating system: 10.0.22631
12 processors, type 8664.
84% memory in use.
15776 MB physical memory.
2498 MB physical memory free.
43424 MB page file.
19960 MB paging file free.
134217728 MB user address space.
134212334 MB user address space free.
Access violation at 00000180f45ce98c. The memory could not be read.
Use latest AMD drivers (all integrated video cards are not supported, expecially with Vulkan)
Finished DOOM 1 in the remaster.
It's a good way to play the original games I say, though at this point there are a few bugs that could be ironed out in subsequent patches.

Monsters could sometimes jank out of the chainsaw. Also was the case in gzdoom but using the chainsaw in the kex engine port feels more floaty.
Don't really remember if beserk punches could result in you having to punch an imp twice before it explodes in source ports but it can happen in this port.
Had several instances of mobs being stuck on nothing or ledges. Examples include E1M8 and E4M9. Also sometimes don't get aggroed by nearby gunfire but will trigger in line of sight.
Pathfinding feels different. Not necessarily bugged or bad, just different. Pinkys seem to run around more, had some intances where mobs surprised me running around corners. Might just be different to running gzdoom's interpolated pathfinding option.
Some of the achievements don't trigger for me, including completing a secret level and getting 200 chainsaw kills.

Nothing game breaking, just noticeable. Most things should be easily fixed.
Post edited August 11, 2024 by Swanky
Good work GOG.
paladin181: Are the originals still available though? Only if you already bought them. They're no longer on the store.
g2222: Not available for individual purchase, but still part of the new package:

Owners Receive DOOM¹ , DOOM II¹ , TNT: Evilution , The Plutonia Experiment , Master Levels for DOOM II , No Rest for the Living , Sigil , Legacy of Rust (new episode), a new Deathmatch map pack

¹ The original DOS versions of DOOM (1993) and DOOM II are included in the Good Old Games version.
g2222:
While it is nice to see this noted, it could be a little clearer where to get each version.
Thank you gog and Bethesda, now my library is doomed.
high rated
I've made a graph from the game/package data on gogdb…
Attachments:
doom_v2.png (62 Kb)
sl8code: Manjaro Linux, installed using Lutris. When trying to log in to Bethesda - when using proper password game hangs and I have to press Alt+F4.
The same here. I use the an offline installation and everytime I try to login to my Bethesda account, it crashes.