It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know them, we love them, and they’re about the get better than ever – DOOM + DOOM II, now available in one, neat pack, is out on GOG!

Developed by id Software, and originally released in 1993, DOOM pioneered and popularized the first-person shooter, setting a standard for all FPS games. The critically acclaimed sequel, DOOM II, followed in 1994. Now the definitive, newly enhanced versions of DOOM and DOOM II are available as a combined product.

Buying DOOM + DOOM II you’ll get access to a variety of content, expansion packs, as well as a series of notable improvements.

Now on GOG!

Worth noting: If you owned DOOM (1993) and/or DOOM II, you’ll receive DOOM + DOOM II for free.
Judicat0r: Nightdive? Kex?
GOG you can take back this turd, thanks.
ND is not that bad. Their remaster can be a little overpriced. But after what their ND founder said, half the country could pretty much die for supporting a particular candidate on Twitter. He can go fuck himself.
Post edited August 09, 2024 by Syphon72
Please check if map tnt 31 is finally fixed or not (yellow key and shotgunners)
00063: DX12 this a joke, right?
wof8317: It uses Vulkan, like all of NightDive's previous releases.
It can be changed within the game to DX11 though.
Sulibor: Just for information, you cannot map key for turning right and left, just for "strafe right" and "strafe left", so you need to use mouse to turn character. The game was designed for keyboard only play, so it is a bit of shame it forces mouse as additional input device. Still thanks should be given to Bethesda, Night Dive for work on this port and giving it for free to owners of original game.
Nice find. I did not even notice this when I tested it. So there IS still a reason to keep the originals as well (at least until ND fixes this oversight).
Sulibor: Just for information, you cannot map key for turning right and left, just for "strafe right" and "strafe left", so you need to use mouse to turn character. The game was designed for keyboard only play, so it is a bit of shame it forces mouse as additional input device. Still thanks should be given to Bethesda, Night Dive for work on this port and giving it for free to owners of original game.
Endurion.950: Similarely, I cannot map quick save/load to keyboard keys as well. Annoying, I'm not going to grab the gamepad for saving while playing with mouse and keyboard.
It has the option to rebind those keys as well.
Attachments:
Post edited August 09, 2024 by MarkoH01
Syphon72: ND is not that bad. Their remaster can be a little overpriced. But after what their ND founder said, half the country could pretty much die for supporting a particular candidate on Twitter. He can go fuck himself.
It would bee too long and out of place to list here the choices and reasons why Nightdive and Mr. Stephen "Reverse Midas" Kick cannot be trusted, even to make a coffee, especially after the recent updates of the kickstarter campaign where they screwed once more time the people who gave them money 8 years ago.

Regarding the bolded quote, I'm not on socials, so I missed whatever has happened: is there a way for me to understand what you are referring to without adding elements of politics to this discussion? Did they endorse one of the candidates?
Judicat0r: is there a way for me to understand what you are referring to without adding elements of politics to this discussion?
You already did that by quoting the politics element.
is the offline installer naming doom osiris already fixed? it looks ugly and i hate it
Attachments:
Nutty_the_Squirrel: is the offline installer naming doom osiris already fixed? it looks ugly and i hate it
Not yet. It has not been fixed in the Galaxy offline download at all (tested this myself) and while the name has been changed in the webversion of the offline installer it still shows as osiris in the shortcut and in the windows apps I have been told.
Post edited August 09, 2024 by MarkoH01
Nutty_the_Squirrel: is the offline installer naming doom osiris already fixed? it looks ugly and i hate it
MarkoH01: Not yet. It has not been fixed in the Galaxy offline download at all (tested this myself) and while the name has been changed in the webversion of the offline installer it still shows as osiris in the shortcut and in the windows apps I have been told.
it's true, at least as of whenever I posted this message and screenshot
Attachments:
Foxhack: Still waiting for an answer regarding the lack of regional pricing AND higher price in Latin America. What is this bullshit, GOG?
NewPyk: In Poland it's even better: $ 12.89! Such a rich country :D
And crickets from GOG staff. Pathetic.
stop being such an elitist cuck
Attachments:
high rated
All WADs in this re-release work with the DOOM Retro source port:

https://www.doomretro.com/
https://github.com/bradharding/doomretro

This includes the "id1" (Legacy of Rust) wad, however, the "extras.wad", which is about 596 MB (I believe it is soundtrack in ogg format) didn't work. I hope that in a future release Brad makes it compatible! =D

Perhaps this information is useful for those not on Windows 10 and 11, or for those who want to play DOOM on low-end PCs.

Footnote: There is much more blood and gore in DOOM Retro. ;)

Edit: I was already forgetting to warn you about "extras.wad"... https://github.com/bradharding/doomretro/issues/832
Brad was faster than light and made magic happen! \o/
Post edited August 10, 2024 by SilentMRG
did a quick test of it (can't get around the osiris issue, i am a perfectionist, i'll only actually play it if it's resolved) and i might say it's the best classic style doom port now, it might even be the crispy doom, woof, prboom+, dsda doom, etc killer, can't wait for the inevitable heretic and hexen rerelease
wof8317: It uses Vulkan, like all of NightDive's previous releases.
MarkoH01: It can be changed within the game to DX11 though.
Yeah. Found that out for myself when I tried it.
So is this Osiris or Doom new re-re-re-release?
GOG team keeps demonstrating their skills, and continues devaluating themselves alone on global game market place :) :) :)
Post edited August 10, 2024 by gsanjin