It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We know them, we love them, and they’re about the get better than ever – DOOM + DOOM II, now available in one, neat pack, is out on GOG!

Developed by id Software, and originally released in 1993, DOOM pioneered and popularized the first-person shooter, setting a standard for all FPS games. The critically acclaimed sequel, DOOM II, followed in 1994. Now the definitive, newly enhanced versions of DOOM and DOOM II are available as a combined product.

Buying DOOM + DOOM II you’ll get access to a variety of content, expansion packs, as well as a series of notable improvements.

Now on GOG!

Worth noting: If you owned DOOM (1993) and/or DOOM II, you’ll receive DOOM + DOOM II for free.
high rated
Yesterday we had some problems with the auto redeem for owners of DOOM (1993) and/or DOOM II, but the majority of people should have the new edition in their library by now. If you're still missing it, please don't hesitate to contact our support!
king_kunat: Yesterday we had some problems with the auto redeem for owners of DOOM (1993) and/or DOOM II, but the majority of people should have the new edition in their library by now. If you're still missing it, please don't hesitate to contact our support!
Still waiting on mine, I don't want to bother support if all I just need to do is wait a little, but now I'm starting to get a little worried lol.
One can hope that these babies that are part of Doom 3: BFG Edition will be updated as well one day, but without holding the breath too much.
king_kunat: Yesterday we had some problems with the auto redeem for owners of DOOM (1993) and/or DOOM II, but the majority of people should have the new edition in their library by now. If you're still missing it, please don't hesitate to contact our support!
Just got mine! Thank you :)
Just for information, you cannot map key for turning right and left, just for "strafe right" and "strafe left", so you need to use mouse to turn character. The game was designed for keyboard only play, so it is a bit of shame it forces mouse as additional input device. Still thanks should be given to Bethesda, Night Dive for work on this port and giving it for free to owners of original game.
Post edited August 09, 2024 by Sulibor
GOG exclusive mod HDoom when
Bethesda(dot) net shenanigans?

Are things still inaccessible with extra account refused and that domain piholed?
Sulibor: Just for information, you cannot map key for turning right and left, just for "strafe right" and "strafe left", so you need to use mouse to turn character. The game was designed for keyboard only play, so it is a bit of shame it forces mouse as additional input device. Still thanks should be given to Bethesda, Night Dive for work on this port and giving it for free to owners of original game.
Similarely, I cannot map quick save/load to keyboard keys as well. Annoying, I'm not going to grab the gamepad for saving while playing with mouse and keyboard.
Immaculate_Simian: PLEASE GOG AND BETHESDA STOP F*CKING WITH THE CONTENT ALREADY IN MY LIBRARY. I DON'T WANT YOU "COMBINING" MY GAMES. I DON'T WANT YOU ALTERING THE CONTENT (ASIDE FROM BUGFIXES). I DIDN'T WANT IT WITH WOLFENSTEIN, I STILL DON'T WANT IT WITH DOOM. GIVE ME BACK THE ORIGINAL GAMES I HAD.
Gudadantza: The previous versions are still in our library.

DOS versions, and the Enhanced versions

The same for the Wolfenstein DOS games
Well, Bethesa did remove FormGem Mission Packs forever from their Wolf3D package.
Only who bought the game before the removal kept those expansions in their library.
How many versions of doom + doom II do we need?
Anyone getting the "you must be signed in to bethesda" when trying to access mods?
Manjaro Linux, installed using Lutris. When trying to log in to Bethesda - when using proper password game hangs and I have to press Alt+F4.
CoolTailsy: Just downloaded the offline installer as I do with all my GOG games. Is there any reason why this is called Osiris 2.0?
In my Start Menu and on the offline installer, it says Osiris 2.0.
The strange "Osiris" nonsense seems to have been fixed.
The offline installer got replaced. The new one has some binary differences, so people might want to re-download.

setup_doom_doom_ii_2265_(64bit)_(75382).exe
925.885.560 Bytes
md5 = 8BB3A7DCB07C1A23B934433951EA92FD
Post edited August 09, 2024 by g2222
If I would like to archive every part of DOOM I + II in the best possible version which DOOMs would I have to archive? Is the "Enhaced DOOM I" and "Enhamced DOOM II" included?
Okay, I took the plunge. I only played The Ultimate Doom before this, with GZDoom because why would you force yourself to deal with DosBox when you can play a native and feature-packed source port?

Yes, you have the wads for nearly everything included as part of this Doom + Doom II compilation.
- doom.wad
- doom2.wad
- plutonia.wad
- id1.wad
- iddm1.wad
- id1-res.wad
- id24res.wad
- masterlevels.wad
- nerve.wad
- tnt.wad
- sigil.wad
- plutonia.wad
- extras.wad

extras.wad is half the reason why the whole package is 1GB. I dunno what's inside it. In total the wads come to about 750MBs. The biggest non-WAD file is Common.kpf at 200MBs.

The game itself runs on my old laptop from late 2013/early 2014, with 6GBs of RAM, an old generation of i7 and some Nvidia, a GTX840m card with Optimus, 1080p60fps on E1M1 if I shut down firefox because of course it'd affect the performance... oh I forgot to mention that it also booted with Wine Staging 9.14 on Debian Linux 12, so that's a good sign - just open the game executable and it just works. The specs I mentioned are far below what's listed for the minimum requirements. Not to mention there's no DX12 renderer; there's just Vulkan, D3D11, and Software (WARP).

You can start up the singleplayer mode without an account. LAN and local multiplayer works fine. Online multiplayer seems to need an account, unsure if that's the Galaxy or the Bethesda one. Yes, as for why you need online connectivity... it's for the multiplayer (probably) and mods. I didn't figure out how to register my favorite Doom II mod, Shadow of the Wool Ball, without using a Bethesda account. (I have one that I used to own Morrowind on, I'll check it out later).

As for the features, well. We're looking at a remixed soundtrack by Andrew Holshult (if I didn't ruin his name) and I believe that's the guy who did the work for Rise of the Triad's remake? That soundtrack is pretty good, I think it's in the metal genre and really blows even more life to Doom's already great soundtrack. There's also FM soundtrack and some sort of MIDI (I'm not too versed with Doom's MIDI versions, sorry). The gameplay is what you expect, except there's no mouse look (bummer) or jump. As someone else said, this port was made with WASD+Mouse in mind, so don't expect to play tank controls like in the 90s.

Oh, there's also new languages, and I think everything except some messages have been localized. このバーションでは日本語でもやれます。
But some languages like Japanese don't jive well with the classic interface, so you will have to stick with the Modern one in those cases, which I think kinda reminds me of Skyrim, but doomed. Oh, and you do have achievements IN-GAME too, so if you don't use Galaxy, you don't end up missing that content.

When hearing about the port I initially thought I should hate Bethesda again, but I can say it's actually a great package because it gives you all the wads, some extras, and at least on GOG you get all other versions of Doom/II except for the 3BFG ones. And if you owned only Doom or Doom II, you got the other game with all its versions free. Some devs don't even give you the improved/remastered/rebundled/rewhatevered version of a game you already own for free - I never got the one for Bloodrayne Betrayal for example. Bethesda could have just went "lol no, buy them again", but it's nice to see they gave me the "expanded and enhanced" edition of Doom and gave me all Doom II versions for free. So, thanks for that.

I went on for long enough, I'll stop here unless I find anything else.
Post edited August 09, 2024 by PookaMustard