It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

In this indie narrative-based game, you assume the role of the Grim Reaper... on an office job. Death and Taxes is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM with a 33% discount lasting until 13th August 2020, 1 PM UTC! Here, it’s up to you to decide which people are going to live or die. The consequences of your choices can become a really heavy burden, while the mystery of your incarnation awaits revelation.

Try pondering on the game's gruesome choices right now, with Death and Taxes Demo available for free on GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
amok: hmmm. think this was on of the games int the 'Bundle for Racial Justice and Equality', so I assume I already got this game DRM free already.... too many to go through from that bundle
Yes it was. I didn't care for it. Nothing was really guiding my decisions so I wasn't invested in any of the outcomes.
muddysneakers: I didn't care for it. Nothing was really guiding my decisions so I wasn't invested in any of the outcomes.
Were you the one in the "games finished in [year]" thread who mentioned not buying anything from the store? Because you have to buy the mirror for the mysterious red dossiers demanding that you disobey Fate and listen to them instead to start showing up, and you also get some conversations with your ultra-sarcastic conscience. That's a pretty big part of the game.

(Other items range from purely cosmetic desk decorations to revealing how kill/sparing on specific dossiers shift the underlying world stats, helping you to aim for the different endings.)
A more sim version of Grim Fandango? Wishlisted.
muddysneakers: I didn't care for it. Nothing was really guiding my decisions so I wasn't invested in any of the outcomes.
227: Were you the one in the "games finished in [year]" thread who mentioned not buying anything from the store? Because you have to buy the mirror for the mysterious red dossiers demanding that you disobey Fate and listen to them instead to start showing up, and you also get some conversations with your ultra-sarcastic conscience. That's a pretty big part of the game.

(Other items range from purely cosmetic desk decorations to revealing how kill/sparing on specific dossiers shift the underlying world stats, helping you to aim for the different endings.)
Just saw this reply. Yes that was me but I still got the instructions to disobey Fate even though I never bought the mirror.