It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Darkest Dungeon® II is a roguelike road trip of the damned – and it’s now out on GOG with a 33% launch discount until June 18th, 1 PM UTC!

Form a party, equip your stagecoach, and set off across the decaying landscape on a last gasp quest to avert the apocalypse. The greatest dangers you face, however, may come from within...

You can now also get Darkest Dungeon® II: The Binding Blade DLC, Soundtrack and Darkest Dungeon® II: Oblivion Edition – check them out!
Oh, nice. Darkest Dungeon was/is one of my top PC games. I've already watched some gameplays of DD2 and it seems a lot of rules have changed but I still wanted to have it on GOG. Unfortunately the DD2's current price is completely prohibitive for me, so I will need to wait for much, much bigger discount.
Post edited June 04, 2024 by Lexor
Overconfidence is slow and insidious killer... well, so is the waiting for sequel to release on GOG.
tremere110: Those are mods. It's up to the mod makers if they want to make those available outside of Steam. None of those are official content for DD.
Still doesn't change the fact our version is missing features and content.
phaolo: Oh, I didn't expect DD2 here at this point.
Btw I wish the devs added achievs and the missing stuff for DD1 too.
MysterD: Are they going to port the rest of the missing DD1 stuff over to GOG though?
Also, what's exactly missing in DD1 GOG-version?
I think they added a multiplayer DLC on Steam. Maybe it wasn't too well received tho.
Also, I don't know if the devs fixed other stuff for SP during those patches.
https://www.mobygames.com/game/156295/darkest-dungeon-the-butchers-circus/

Features:
* New Hamlet Location: The Butcher's Circus * Engage in no-holds-barred PvP combat with teams of 4 heroes (without risking your Campaign heroes) * Climb the ranks to show off your command of heroes and ability to weather misfortune and violence * Unlock banner components and use your creativity to assemble your own duelist heraldry * Strategize with new gladiatorial trinkets that can mean all the difference in pitched battles against other heroes *
"Assemble teams of 4 heroes and compete in the ring in brutal, unforgiving PvP combat against friend and foe."

Not a big loss then, especially if you couldn't care less about multiplayer and/or e-peen measuring contests.
Nice surprise!
GundamWingFan: The only thing I am aware of that is missing in the GoG version is the Butcher's Circus which is a multiplayer mode
Ah good, so nothing important missing for me then.

I seem to miss Shieldbreaker DLC from the first game, so I guess now it is a good time to buy it, along with DD2.
I was under the impression the the dev abandoned GOG, which can happen when they become successful on Steam and don't want to put the extra effort for smaller storefronts. I'm glad to proven wrong in this instance.
Post edited June 05, 2024 by SpaceMadness
Great to see this finally release here! Thanks GOG and Red Hook!
"Rogue-lite" is the biggest turn-off for me personally. Won't buy the game in a 100 years. But you know what? I'm happy for every gamer here who enjoyed the first one and is happy about DD 2.

Have fun, guys :)
Atreyu666: "Rogue-lite" is the biggest turn-off for me personally.
What is the reason? :)
Lexor: What is the reason? :)
It's a broad swathe umbrella, but a lot of people prefer their games without permadeath, procgen, or whatever ails they may have with the idea.
Lexor: What is the reason? :)
dnovraD: It's a broad swathe umbrella, but a lot of people prefer their games without permadeath, procgen, or whatever ails they may have with the idea.
Well, I haven't had any experience with DD2 yet, but in DD1 the player takes care of quite a large group of daredevils, so each fatal incident, although significant, does not affect the player's further fate - in fact, it can be compared to any other normal strategy, where units die and the player can create more of them. To tell you the truth, it's probably only in adventure and puzzle games that we don't have to deal with death so much.
Lexor: in fact, it can be compared to any other normal strategy, where units die and the player can create more of them.
...except that in normal strategy games, you don't have to waste time & energy doing a massive, tedious, totally unfun, re-grind every time a character dies. But in DD1, you do. So for that reason, I'd argue it's not comparable to any other normal strategy game.

I assume DD2 is the same, but I haven't played it, so I don't know.
GundamWingFan: The only thing I am aware of that is missing in the GoG version is the Butcher's Circus which is a multiplayer mode where you equip your teams of characters from the game with different items and they battle each other.
That's not the "only thing" that is missing from the GOG version of DD1, although it certainly a major missing thing that makes the GOG version an inferior second-class citizen version.

The GOG version of DD1 is also missing Achievements too.

The devs should add all of the missing content to the GOG version of DD1, including with GOG-to-Steam Crossplay for the multiplayer functionality. There is no good excuse for them not to do that.
Post edited June 06, 2024 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Lexor: in fact, it can be compared to any other normal strategy, where units die and the player can create more of them.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: ...except that in normal strategy games, you don't have to waste time & energy doing a massive, tedious, totally unfun, re-grind every time a character dies. But in DD1, you do. So for that reason, I'd argue it's not comparable to any other normal strategy game.

I assume DD2 is the same, but I haven't played it, so I don't know.
GundamWingFan: The only thing I am aware of that is missing in the GoG version is the Butcher's Circus which is a multiplayer mode where you equip your teams of characters from the game with different items and they battle each other.
Ancient-Red-Dragon: That's not the "only thing" that is missing from the GOG version of DD1, although it certainly a major missing thing that makes the GOG version an inferior second-class citizen version.

The GOG version of DD1 is also missing Achievements too.

The devs should add all of the missing content to the GOG version of DD1, including with GOG-to-Steam Crossplay for the multiplayer functionality. There is no good excuse for them not to do that.
Screw Achievements. Much rather them focus on getting games and content than stuff like that.