It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The world has been taken over by the evil Dr. Progen and his merciless synthetic army and only you, the sole survivor of the ninja clan, can save the day. Cyber Shadow is now available on GOG.COM! Dash, slice, and leap your way through the depths of Mekacity along with your robotic companion L-Gion in this dynamic platform game!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Alexim:
Additionally, I would be hard pressed to trust a developer to keep the GOG version up to date or even keep it here period if they're not willing to put in the bare minimum effort to add something as simple as achievements.

It speaks volumes of their work ethic, or lack thereof.
Alexim: What a disappointment, without achievements.
What are you talking about? The game is full of Achievements, called "Feats." I just got one for defeating the first boss without hitting him in the back.
Alexim: What a disappointment, without achievements.
MischiefMaker: What are you talking about? The game is full of Achievements, called "Feats." I just got one for defeating the first boss without hitting him in the back.
If the game has in-game achievements it's a good thing, but I'm talking about Galaxy's achievements, and in this case it would be even easier than expected to link them to their version on the launcher.
Another release of the 2021 season here at GOG!
Looks great, a combination between an 8bit Ninja Gaiden (Nes) and a 16bit Hagane (SNes). That's Great!
Thanks, GOG!
Is it like a Metroidvania?
Alexim:
ShadowWulfe: Additionally, I would be hard pressed to trust a developer to keep the GOG version up to date or even keep it here period if they're not willing to put in the bare minimum effort to add something as simple as achievements.

Still a matter of opinion, because I see it as a great work ethic that the devs didn't waste even a minute of dev time on pointless external achievements. If the achievements are in the game already why bother putting achievements in Galaxy? So you your internet "friends" can see that you are playing the game? Seriously, what would be the point.

More on topic, very excited that this is finally released. Found out about this game far too early in development. Feels like I have been waiting for it forever. Time to see if it lives up to my expectations.
IronArcturus: Is it like a Metroidvania?
I'm wondering that too. It looks like one, and sounds like one from the description..but it never says it is.
Vendor-Lazarus: I'm wondering that too. It looks like one, and sounds like one from the description..but it never says it is.
Not sure, as I only played the first two stages, but I think I passed some wall-doors I could not destroy with the abilities at hand at that moment
jcbgnkbv: What a relief, without pointless achievements.

Seriously though, wouldn't you rather have an achievements-less version of a game than no game at all?
Achievements are like graphics, it's a pretty superficial element of a game. Although when a dev cheaps out on graphics or doesn't implement achievements on one particular platform, it kind of feels like they just didn't give a hoot.
Is this game still made in Construct 2?

If it is, it is a seriously and truely impressive feat.
jcbgnkbv: What a relief, without pointless achievements.

Seriously though, wouldn't you rather have an achievements-less version of a game than no game at all?
Alexim: The point is not to have or not to have the game on GOG, the point is that so many developers are able to add Galaxy's achievements, while others apparently don't care, and it just so happens that they are always the same publishers.
I feel the same for rebindable controls... but at least not having achievements doesn't prevent you from playing the game. :)
A shinobi or ninja gaiden style of game. Very nice! good to see another game come out of that publisher.
Alexim:
ShadowWulfe: Additionally, I would be hard pressed to trust a developer to keep the GOG version up to date or even keep it here period if they're not willing to put in the bare minimum effort to add something as simple as achievements.

Woo! You started the game! Look at that! A shiny medal! for your half-assed DRM clien! That's proof of the dev's dedication to the DRM-free platform, you know! Oh shit, you beat the first boss, let's have another virtual gold star sticker!

Oh shit, game forgot about the "First kill" achievemen for killing the first enemy you see. Better go bitch somewhere about it.

Vendor-Lazarus: I'm wondering that too. It looks like one, and sounds like one from the description..but it never says it is.
Lemme know if you find an answer to this. I saw one area in the screenshots (since i never bother with vids anymore) that looks like a shop. It looks like it might be a ninja-skin on a shantae-style metroidvania. If so, throwing this on my wishlist.

EDIT: Yacht club. This is probably using shovel knights engine. So it's one of those games like megaman with selectable levels, however the levels themselves are linear and reselectable and reset with each run-through. I never know what to call these: they design levels like platformers, but they have items and stuff that allow new things to be discovered on re-runs of the same levels later on.
Post edited January 27, 2021 by kohlrak
Guys.

There are achievements. Inside the game.
Post edited January 27, 2021 by M3troid
No, it's not a Metroidvania. It's a typical Ninja Gaiden-style action game. I'm telling you, it's pure action in the style of the classic Nes titles of this genre. And with a difficulty curve very much in the style of the 80's video games. It's great, it's fun, it's hard... it's a retro love letter.
Post edited January 27, 2021 by UCrest