It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Federal Bureau of Control has been corrupted by an evil ominous corruptive. Now it’s up to you to stop it! The award-winning action-adventure hit title, Control Ultimate Edition, is now available DRM-free on GOG.COM!

Get the game 20% off until 15th September, 12 AM UTC.

Step into the shoes of Jesse Faden as she masters her newly acquired supernatural abilities and fights her way through a deep and unpredictable world.

Control Ultimate Edition contains the main game, all previously released extra content, and both expansions - The Foundation and AWE.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG.COM account to join now!
Not defending them making people buy the whole game again, but it is different on console where you need to put extra development time into changing the graphics and figuring out the framerate. When the 3070 comes out Remedy don't have to do anything for it to look and run better on my PC.

It should be like a $5 upgrade DLC or something though.
paladin181: Jim Sterling video. Yong Yea video.

505 Games claimed they couldn't upgrade people who bought the game when it came out or before the Ultimate Edition released (Less than a year after launch, even) to the Ultimate Edition. Then they accidentally did just that before patching the system to screw over customers who actually were unfortunate enough to pay for the game early. This lying sack of anti-consumer shitheads does not deserve your money, as they blatantly lied to customers who had supported them to try and milk a second sale out of each of them. Just letting you know. Yet another company I can happily ignore their shitty releases. Not that any of them except control look any good anyhow.

EDIT: The upgrade is only valid for console customers, obviously. Just thought I'd state it for PC players who feel they are missing out.
Just to be sure that I understood correctly. If you bought the regular version and both DLC you basically still already own the Ultimate Edition or are you missing out on any update? So far it does not seem to be this way.

Edit: It's explained in the video obviously ... so I am missing out next gen upgrade ... what is this?
Post edited September 12, 2020 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Just to be sure that I understood correctly. If you bought the regular version and both DLC you basically still already own the Ultimate Edition or are you missing out on any update? So far it does not seem to be this way.

Edit: It's explained in the video obviously ... so I am missing out next gen upgrade ... what is this?
YOU aren't missing out on anything, assuming you didn't buy the game for a console.
MarkoH01: Edit: It's explained in the video obviously ... so I am missing out next gen upgrade ... what is this?
Console. XB1 or PS4 didn't get a free upgrade to the XBX/S or the PS5 for free. Some people did and by accident though despite 505 Games saying they couldn't do it.

The upgrade is just to the Ultimate Edition. They basically want the XBX/s or PS5 version for free if they got the game on XB1 or PS4.
MarkoH01: Just to be sure that I understood correctly. If you bought the regular version and both DLC you basically still already own the Ultimate Edition or are you missing out on any update? So far it does not seem to be this way.

finkleroy: YOU aren't missing out on anything, assuming you didn't buy the game for a console.
MarkoH01: Edit: It's explained in the video obviously ... so I am missing out next gen upgrade ... what is this?
RoboPond: Console. XB1 or PS4 didn't get a free upgrade to the XBX/S or the PS5 for free. Some people did and by accident though despite 505 Games saying they couldn't do it.

The upgrade is just to the Ultimate Edition. They basically want the XBX/s or PS5 version for free if they got the game on XB1 or PS4.
Thank you both. Since I don't use a console at all I guess I am fine - but of course in principle 505 games really screwed up here and I can understand those who are angry at them. I guess with the media coverage now they will be forced to revert their decision in the end explaining that they finally found a way to implement this after all.
paladin181: Jim Sterling video. Yong Yea video.

505 Games claimed they couldn't upgrade people who bought the game when it came out or before the Ultimate Edition released (Less than a year after launch, even) to the Ultimate Edition. Then they accidentally did just that before patching the system to screw over customers who actually were unfortunate enough to pay for the game early. This lying sack of anti-consumer shitheads does not deserve your money, as they blatantly lied to customers who had supported them to try and milk a second sale out of each of them. Just letting you know. Yet another company I can happily ignore their shitty releases. Not that any of them except control look any good anyhow.

EDIT: The upgrade is only valid for console customers, obviously. Just thought I'd state it for PC players who feel they are missing out.

As my last line states, it only directly affects console owners. If you own the game on PS4 or Xbox One. It's still a despicable practice.
i dont really care what happens on console tbh...
amok: I am so glad you told me this, I (and I guess the rest of the world) can now rest peacefully and no longer worry.
Or you could just have taken my first reply just as an objection for relying on unofficial claims on any forums especially when there was not even a clarification about when was the last time that game was patched and verified to still remain DRM-free.

Others can do as they please, but for me an unofficially DRM-free game is like a worse version of the Schrödinger's cat though experiment, even after buying and installing the game, any later patch may still be able to "kill" it with DRM and as it was not officially sold as a DRM-free game, my best option to not unwillingly end up rewarding such a deed with my money is to wait until I can buy that game with an official guarantee to not have it poisoned with DRM.
low rated
amok: I am so glad you told me this, I (and I guess the rest of the world) can now rest peacefully and no longer worry.
JAAHAS: Or you could just have taken my first reply just as an objection for relying on unofficial claims on any forums especially when there was not even a clarification about when was the last time that game was patched and verified to still remain DRM-free.

Others can do as they please, but for me an unofficially DRM-free game is like a worse version of the Schrödinger's cat though experiment, even after buying and installing the game, any later patch may still be able to "kill" it with DRM and as it was not officially sold as a DRM-free game, my best option to not unwillingly end up rewarding such a deed with my money is to wait until I can buy that game with an official guarantee to not have it poisoned with DRM.
wonderful. I, and I assume everyone else, was getting worried that you had changed your mind since the last post. I am really glad you have not! Keep up the good work, and keep me posted
amok: ...
I think the best response here would be that I am very sorry for whatever is bugging you at the moment to go ballistic like this, so I guess I will opt to go with that, now if I only would care enough to edit out my thought processes before posting this...
low rated
amok: ...
JAAHAS: I think the best response here would be that I am very sorry for whatever is bugging you at the moment to go ballistic like this, so I guess I will opt to go with that, now if I only would care enough to edit out my thought processes before posting this...
bugging me? I have been very calm throughout... I am not the one that got my panties in a twist and kept replying and replying.... someone else got very 'bugged' here
and dlss 2.0 is what you receive with control!!!!!!

and higher res dlss resolutions will diminish the amount of artifacts by a tenfold!!!!!

if your at 1080p this will mean that the 1270 option you can choose as highest res option will contain more visible artifacts then 1080p or 2k!!!!!

setting ray tracing to medium will allow for the best look for dlss'd 1080p!!!!

or of course you have a card capable of at least 40 fps with ray traced medium setttings!!!

understand!!!!!!
Btw, there is a bug that even if you change all language settings ingame to english, there are still localised texts (sensititvity warning, loading message) and speech (hissing voices) depenfing on your system language. I posted a workaround here: https://www.gog.com/forum/control/language_change_does_not_affect_the_whole_game/page1
amok: bugging me? I have been very calm throughout... I am not the one that got my panties in a twist and kept replying and replying.... someone else got very 'bugged' here
Sure whatever, but let me just remind you that it was you who was quick to resort to sarcastic personal remarks instead of addressing the presented problem of DRM ambivalent stores leaving the information about the state of DRM in their games up to their customers to figure out by themselves, so feel free to continue to ignore that if you like and continue with your tone if that is the best you can come up with...
low rated
amok: bugging me? I have been very calm throughout... I am not the one that got my panties in a twist and kept replying and replying.... someone else got very 'bugged' here
JAAHAS: Sure whatever, but let me just remind you that it was you who was quick to resort to sarcastic personal remarks instead of addressing the presented problem of DRM ambivalent stores leaving the information about the state of DRM in their games up to their customers to figure out by themselves, so feel free to continue to ignore that if you like and continue with your tone if that is the best you can come up with...
ah, the only thing I did was to correct post#4 with a fact - this is not the first or only DRM free release of Control, as it is DRM free on Epic as well.... little did I know... and that has been my one and only point and the only contribution I intended and still indent to do here. Anything else is your own. And I think it was quite clear that I was not engaging in any such discussion, though you kept repeating and repeating the same thing.

You may have your own personal reason for what you do, they may be very good, but I do not intend to be a recipient of your personal blog, and I do not intend to go into any discussion. But please feel free to continue positing your personal feelings and opinions, I do not intend to post mine nor engage in any such discussion , nor did I think any would happen from posting a simple fact.....

and your feelings aside, and as I have said many times - it does not matter, the game is DRM free on Epic, and whatever you or I or anyone else thinks about Epic - it matters not, this is the state of the game files. You do not want to buy from them? perfectly fine. It does not change my point at all, and neither do I care where you want to buy or not buy your games, or what your reasons for doing so may be... and the game files and software does not care either, not matter what your opinions are - they stay the same.
Post edited September 15, 2020 by amok