It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Relive the real-time tactics masterpiece that defined the genre. Commandos 2 - HD Remaster is now available on GOG.COM thanks to the efforts of Kalypso Media Digital. Take control of an elite group of commandos who must venture deep into enemy territory and utilize their combined expertise to complete a series of notoriously demanding missions set in WW2.

Until 31st January 2020, 2 PM UTC, Commandos 2 - HD Remaster is available on GOG.COM with a 15% discount. You can also acquire the game in a special pack along with Praetorians - HD Remaster.
clarry: I don't agree with censorship but if I really *had* to do it for some reason, this is what I would use in place of nazi flag...
firstpastthepost: I get what you’re trying to do with that. But isn’t making Jewish people the bad guys kind of a nazi thing? Kind of makes the idea a wash if people who are actual nazis could look at the change and think it’s good for some reason. Satire is dead nowadays after all.
It's less satire and more "ok fine, you asked for it." If actual nazis thought it were good, that would only make it more controversial, which is kinda the point. To me, imposing censorship is very controversial so they can reap what they sow.

That said, satire is never dead to me.

Sometimes I wonder if Germany would've overturned their nazi flag censorship in games sooner if developers actually did this and released fixed versions for the German market where nazi flags are replaced with star of david, red cross, icon of the ruling party in Germany, or something similar. I think it would've lead to some discussion at least.
Xabyer_B: Kalypso removes features like achievements "only for GOG" again. Kalypso "covering with glory" again. What a sad situation!

I recently installed Tropico 3 and it forced me to enter my product key to be able to play the individual, where is GOG's DRM-FREE supposed to be?
The games do have achievements, but you won't see it if you select the 'pack' game card. Also, Praetorians HD isn't showing it on the game card, but they're there in my library.

The Tropico 3 issue is more serious, but AFAIK it hasn't been updated anytime recently, so I don't know why it would ask you for the serial key out of the blue. I haven't tested it myself, but check with GOG support.
low rated
gamesfreak64: true maybe Orange maybe Cheeto and Brlumpf ( whatever that might be)
thing is economy is best of all as a kid i heard and read things werent going that well back then, later when getting older i also read the international news

Its mostly a personal thing going on, any one can see that even with one eye closed and the open eye half shut, anyway it brought many videos of which most are hilarious to watch.....
tfishell: I just meant it seems like the censorship really started because people think Nazis are on the rise again because Trump was elected president or something like that.
That's just a stupid thing to say. If people actually believe that, they need their head checked.
low rated
tfishell: I just meant it seems like the censorship really started because people think Nazis are on the rise again because Trump was elected president or something like that.
darthspudius: That's just a stupid thing to say. If people actually believe that, they need their head checked.
I agree.
AB2012: Censoring WW2 flags in a WW2 game is not even a sane kind of censorship. What's next, removing ninja's from Mark of the Ninja?... Was looking forward to this, but it looks like Focus Home / Cyanide Games will get my money instead.
See some examples of German censorship in the attachments. And no, I did not shop the pics. Both are legit comparisons between the US and the German versions.
Attachments:
Swedrami: Kalypso didn't get the memo, it seems:
Germany lifts total ban on Nazi symbols in video games

As for the removal of the Japanese "Rising Sun" flag - to not offend the Chinese overlords, possibly maybe?
kotcore: not everything is about china, the koreans suffered greatly from japans war crimes as well, so the rising sun is very offensive to them.
That said, I think its unnecessary to remove the symbols from the game. Its also weird not to buy it because some symbols are removed though :D its just a game, people
This comment makes the most sense. It's a game with lots of elements that don't make sense from a real life perspective as well as being fictional scenarios. Although the game is a tribute the real life heroes it's not supposed to depict real life.

Now can somebody tell me if it's only non gameplay elements that's changed or the maps and scenarios as well? I wanted to replay it on high difficulty but may wait for the HD version now to do that.
kotcore: Its also weird not to buy it because some symbols are removed though :D its just a game, people
It's not really weird at all. Would you still buy all your media if it was censored to hell? remove the nudity, swearing, violence, and so on? I don't mind the basic censorship of changing a few words from translated content if it does"" justice"" but when you remove history or damage source material to satisfy a group, then you will get backlash from passionate fans of said genre.
Post edited January 25, 2020 by DreamedArtist
PromZA: Now can somebody tell me if it's only non gameplay elements that's changed or the maps and scenarios as well? I wanted to replay it on high difficulty but may wait for the HD version now to do that.
It's the exact same game nothing changed from what I seen in playthroughs.
Post edited January 25, 2020 by DreamedArtist
A censored game should not be released on GOG. Period.
MaxFulvus: A censored game should not be released on GOG. Period.
I actually somewhat disagree if the censorship is out of GOG's hands, I prefer people have options.
Will they ban Schindler's List because it offends people, or Where Eagles Dare, The Sound Of Music ? I have no interest in this version if it is now supposed to be some fantasy setting. It is fascinating how these remasters always mess up something.
Very interested in the HD remake however absolutely not going to buy a game that was fine to release almost twenty years ago without any censorship, but is now deemed as inappropriate and therefore needs to be censored.

Enough is enough. This is history, these things happened , these symbols were part of all our past, and while they certainly are symbols of total evil, they need to be recognized and remembered so that such things never happen again.

Stifling history on YouTube and now censoring it in games is not going to lead to better future as some vocal minorities of people seem to think. Closing our eyes before the past is delusional and stupid.

Sorry for the heated answer, but it is so painful to watch as ignorance is promoted more and more every day, and more and more people and organizations actually succumbing to pressure to forget and erase uncomfortable truths from our past.

I will absolutely buy this the moment censorship is removed. Until that time I will happily play the original game bought from this site many years ago.
Post edited January 25, 2020 by revanbh
That censorship to me is the last straw when it comes to not getting any Commandos here. Until fairly recently I was considering getting the classic versions, but decided not to when I saw though the games' forum that some contents were missing (such as tutorials). But worse is that remaster 'shielding' us all from the realities of History!

Given I'm one of those lucky enough to still have them all on discs and can play them all without any issues, no way I'm gonna pay for the privilege of being webbed in censorship.

Glad to see that other fellow Goggers also are turning their back on that 'remaster', sorry GOG but when Devs/Publishers pull those kinds of stunts, any subsequent baring of teeth is not only to be expected, but perfectly legitimate.
I have for a long time been very suspicious of Calypso releases but the ideas behind a lot of their games are interesting so will keep looking.

@Calypso: Fix those flags and ensignia with an update soon.

The colours look way brighter and more cheerful than in the original game. Hopefully it is not that bright in all scenes. Not saying it all has to be brown and grey and looking dank.
Meanwhile on Steam:

https://i.imgur.com/yhI8y41.png

https://i.imgur.com/8i2ka8L.png

(Not me.)