It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play a day-in-the-life community sim game where you are given an important task: rebuild the town’s cat café and fill it with cute and cuddly creatures! Calico is now available on GOG.COM with a 15% discount that will end on 25th March 2021, 2 PM UTC.

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
I'm not a fan of the art style, although hopefully it will grow on me. And holding the animals that way just looks painful. Still, it looks like a good attempt at the kind of game I'd love to see more of and at a reasonable price so I have to try it :).

Hopefully GOG will also pick up Hustle Cat (by a different Seattle developer):

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/hustle_cat
https://datenighto.itch.io/hustle-cat

In addition to being a cute visual novel, I enjoyed the soundtrack (although it is still "game music style" that I am always complaining about, it is relaxing) and appreciated that the composer (Samm Neiland) added tracks discussing how he came up with each track.

Also, I just saw recently some pictures from an actual cat cafe in Dubai.

Pumpkin Days looks cute also so I made a wishlist entry for it.
Post edited March 18, 2021 by joveian
o.O
To all the people who claim to not like the graphics:
YOU DONT FOOL ME!
high rated
First few femtoseconds after looking at the images: This game looks like its not for me...meh

Me after watching the video: You can ride around with a BEAR? You can wear a cat as your HAT and run around with it and while you're drinking tea? Who cares about any other game now this is already the game of the year.
i like the art direction a lot. love the color palette. some thicc'ness going on but that's cool. not sure if it's my kinda game but i'd be curious to see more and maybe try it sometime down the road.
Calico and Neurodeck: Psychological Deckbuilder don't seem to have any Galaxy achievements at the moment.
From the store page:

Animals in your party will follow you everywhere you go and listen to your commands.
Try this with your cat at home ;P

"Cat, go right!" (walks left). "Cat, stay here!" (runs away) :D
What game genre is this?
i_ni: What game genre is this?
Tumblr Simulator.
goglin: From the store page:

Animals in your party will follow you everywhere you go and listen to your commands.
goglin: Try this with your cat at home ;P

"Cat, go right!" (walks left). "Cat, stay here!" (runs away) :D
Then, if a cat is large enough to ride, you actually have... Something worryingly similar to a tiger?
Post edited March 18, 2021 by Carradice
This game look like the perfect fit for that crazy cat lady from the Simpsons.
Is this one of those games that only those of the feminine gender like?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaUVzVHaYZ0
low rated
Alexim: Calico and Neurodeck: Psychological Deckbuilder don't seem to have any Galaxy achievements at the moment.
I don't see the problem, tbqh. :)

(of course that could be partially because I sometimes wish devs would go back to the old-school secrets and easter eggs and rely less on the dopamine drip addiction hooks that are achievements)

=-=-=

Carradice: Then, if a cat is large enough to ride, you actually have... Something worryingly similar to a tiger?
As long as no one lets Carol Baskin near it, we should be fine. :D
Post edited March 19, 2021 by GamezRanker
high rated
After playing with this for an hour:

No. The nice texture work isn't worth it at this point.

Unless you're one of those people who like "haha wonky" crap like Surgeon Simulator or whatever that was. There's... not really any game play so far. Controls are functionable but stilted. The "cooking mini-game" is stale by the 4th time doing it. Animations are... creepy. The music is irksome (when the vocals come in).

I could see where it could go somewhere... after a lot more effort. Right now it definitely is "this is an alpha" (not even beta).

Oh, and a tiny bit of rainbow icing on its cake: it calls regular controls (where up means up) "inverted" in the menu.