It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Become a fearless captain in a classic pirate game.
Genre: RPG
Discount: 20% until 15th March, 9 PM UTC
GOTY right here besides Arcade Paradise (hopefully if its coming this year)!

Elden WHO?
Muskets and crossbows to the face! My kinda game!
Classic? March 2022 release? Make up your mind.
This was an almost instantaneous wishlist for me, it looks so good. It looks like a 3D Sid Meier's Pirates with Elder Scrolls-like combat and first person gameplay and all with an old school RuneScape vibe in the graphics department. Plus, the price tag is so incredibly fair that I'd be buying it right now if I didn't recently grab Crusader Kings 3 (meaning my wallet needs a bit of time to recover).
mqstout: Classic? March 2022 release? Make up your mind.
The term "classic" doesn't always mean "old". Sometimes, it refers to aspects of something that are designed with older sensibilities. Other times, it describes a game that could be considered a classic in a few years' time.
Post edited March 08, 2022 by JakobFel
I will grab it tomorrow. I like it, that you can shoot or stab these low-poly people in the face. Is there an option for turning on the low-poly blood? :P

Remember the first Turok game? There was such a great effect, when you shoot or cut down the enemy, the blood splattered like lava from a Volcano.

Anyway, can you in this game visit different (treasure) islands, where you could fight skeletons and such? And it would be interesting, if you could choose the color or skin of a parrot or a monkey, that sits on you shoulder (optional). Maybe in an DLC?
Post edited March 08, 2022 by OPlays22
Looks sweet, been looking for a pirate themed adventure in the style of black sails for ages!
It looks like a fun cross between Overboard! and T.A.B.S.
Post edited March 08, 2022 by §pec†re
high rated
Well, I can give my initial thoughts. Only played it for an hour or so. Black Sail it is not. Ship combat is slow, set n a play plane, you essentially circle the enemy ship waiting for your cannons to load. There is no strategy, no using waves to your advantage, switching directions rapidly, laying traps with mortars (there are none as far as I see), no ramming.
Boarding is ok, you are stuck with the boarding points (a la M&B), no jumping, so no real jump over the rails sword waving. Graphically is acceptable. Damage on enemies doesn’t register, they don’t stagger or show anything, only way you can tell damage is from the health bar.
Towns are slightly more populated than man o war, but not exactly engaging, simply having some shops to upgrade and pick up missions. Missions are a dot on the map you fast travel to. I didn’t see anything yet n terms of exploration, you can free sail, but I don’t know if there is going off searching for treasure.
So speed is from a strategy game, but there isnt any strategy, just hope you have bigger guns.
It’s not a bad game, just a missed opportunity. I was hoping for something with the fast paced full on action game like black sails. Will give it a bit longer but it’s just not exciting me. Put it down to an impulse buy.
Post edited March 08, 2022 by nightcraw1er.488
low rated
GOG.com: Discount: 20% until 15th March, 9 PM UTC
Its countdown clock is wrong.
https://www.gog.com/promo/20220307_launch_promo_buccaneers

I stand with Russian.
Fuck GOG.
JakobFel: The term "classic" doesn't always mean "old". Sometimes, it refers to aspects of something that are designed with older sensibilities. Other times, it describes a game that could be considered a classic in a few years' time.
They didn't call it classic style or any other noun like that. Just adjective "classic". There's no way it's classic if it just came out.

Compare to Ubisquirt's "iconic".
They went full on Unity Humble Bundle on this one. :P
The Idea sounds fun but I have a really hard time getting over this kind of graphic style.
Always glad to see more pirate and nautical games on GOG!
mqstout: Classic? March 2022 release? Make up your mind.
The "classic" in this case most probably refers to what we deem "classic" activities connected with pirates:

- Sail either under the British, French or Spanish flag, or under the Jolly Rogers.
- Ship to ship combat.
- Raid coastal towns.
- Hunt for treasures.

Anyone who has ever watched the classic (here we go again) 40s and 50s movies about pirates will recognize these activities instantly, and probably remember some scenes.

So - seen from that angle - "classic" makes sense.
Even for a new release.