It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ – story rich, adventure fantasy title and an official adaptation based on the literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien is now available on GOG!

It’s time for you to play as Gollum on his quest to retrieve his Precious. You will need to climb the mountains of Mordor, sneak around Mirkwood and make difficult choices. Who will gain the upper hand: the cunning Gollum or the innocent Smeagol?

After being corrupted by the Ring over hundreds of years, Gollum has developed exceptional agility and sharp wits. Use his unique skills to explore and infiltrate legendary locations and dizzying heights. Find your way past the Orcs as you climb the Dark Tower of Barad-dûr and give the Elves the slip in the mysterious Mirkwood.

While Gollum is no fighter, he is more than capable of strangling a careless enemy when the opportunity presents itself… or of finding a more creative and less risky way of getting out of trouble.

Additionally, alongside The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™, you grab its DLCs: Original Soundtrack, Emotes Pack, Sindarin VO, Lore Compendium, Art Exhibition, or pick the Precious Edition which contains all of the above besides the Emote Pack.

Grab The Lord of the Rings: Gollum™ now!
Time4Tea: No-one's talking about any other store here - you're trying to do that.
Bullshit.

Time4Tea: I assume your sudden appearance will act as the usual pretext for locking the thread (since it has become 'inconvenient')?
Bullshit.

I just think this curation discussion is completely pointless and your opinions about it are interesting and hilarious at the same time.
Post edited June 05, 2023 by foad01
foad01: I just think this curation discussion is completely pointless and your opinions about it are interesting and hilarious at the same time.
If you don't like a particular discussion, don't participate.
Time4Tea: If you don't like a particular discussion, don't participate.
It is not a question of whether you like or not a discussion. The discussion about the curation is completely pointless.

This game here
https://www.gog.com/en/game/perfect_weapon
made it on GOG.

It is a bad game. It is probably even worse than Gollum, but nobody here complained about this game and criticized the curation because of this game.
Post edited June 05, 2023 by foad01
foad01: It is not a question of whether you like or not a discussion. The discussion about the curation is completely pointless.
That's your opinion, which I don't share. Again, if you think a discussion is pointless, don't take part. You don't have the right to unilaterally declare a discussion to be 'pointless' and shut it down for everyone else.

foad01: This game here
made it on GOG.

It is a bad game. It is probably even worse than Gollum, but nobody here complained about this game and criticized the curation because of this game.
I haven't seen that particular one, but I have many times in the past suggested that if GOG is serious about it's curation, then it should be more pro-active in removing bad games from the store. I don't think I can post links, but one I have brought up previously is P.A.M.E.L.A., which was seemingly abandoned unfinished by the developers many years ago.

The reason this game is being discussed is because it is a new and quite prominent example of a 'bad game'.
Post edited June 05, 2023 by Time4Tea
Time4Tea: [...] shut it down for everyone else.
An opinion about the discussion is not an attempt to shut it down...

Time4Tea: I haven't seen that particular one, but I have many times in the past suggested that if GOG is serious about it's curation, then it should be more pro-active in removing bad games from the store. I don't think I can post links, but one I have brought up previously is P.A.M.E.L.A., which was seemingly abandoned unfinished by the developers many years ago.
I simply disagree with removing games from a store. If you don't like a game for whatever reasons, then there is a simple solution. Don't buy it.
Time4Tea: If you don't like a particular discussion, don't participate.
foad01: It is not a question of whether you like or not a discussion. The discussion about the curation is completely pointless.

This game here
made it on GOG.

If it's 15 years old or older, it's a classic by definition and reason for joy and happiness, not for complaints.

Btw, I'm not complaining that GOG got Gollum, the game is a discgrace for modern game standards, but it's good to have a partner like Daedalic who keeps supplying GOG with mostly good games (we could complain about Whale Rock ... wait, we DO!). I am very disappointed by what Daedalic delivered for a price that implies that it's at least a AA game, but there is no reason to blame GOG for that.
Post edited June 05, 2023 by neumi5694
neumi5694: Btw, I'm not complaining that GOG got Gollum, the game is a discgrace for modern game standards, but it's good to have a partner like Daedalic who keeps supplying GOG with mostly good games (we could complain about Whale Rock ... wait, we DO!). I am very disappointed by what Daedalic delivered for a price that implies that it's at least a AA game, but there is no reason to blame GOG for that.
I agree here.
foad01: I simply disagree with removing games from a store. If you don't like a game for whatever reasons, then there is a simple solution. Don't buy it.
That's fair enough, but we disagree on that then. Again, we are talking specifically about GOG, which markets itself as 'a curated selection of good games'. Other stores (including the one you alluded to) don't necessarily market themselves that way. The impression I always had of GOG was that is was intended to be more like a curated 'gallery' of 'worthwhile stuff', as opposed to a catch-all archive of every game ever created.
foad01: I simply disagree with removing games from a store. If you don't like a game for whatever reasons, then there is a simple solution. Don't buy it.
Time4Tea: That's fair enough, but we disagree on that then. Again, we are talking specifically about GOG, which markets itself as 'a curated selection of good games'. Other stores (including the one you alluded to) don't necessarily market themselves that way. The impression I always had of GOG was that is was intended to be more like a curated 'gallery' of 'worthwhile stuff', as opposed to a catch-all archive of every game ever created.
just popping in to say that a "good game" or "worthwhile stuff" are subjective standards, and that gOg is not trying to arhive all bugg free games ever made.. and poppoing right back out.
amok: just popping in to say that a "good game" or "worthwhile stuff" are subjective standards
Yes, they are, you are quite right. But, 'subjective' criteria doesn't necessarily mean they are 'bad' criteria, does it? If so, we may as well tear down every curated art gallery and museum ever constructed.

amok: .... and that gOg is not trying to arhive all bugg free games ever made.. and poppoing right back out.
I never said they were.
foad01: It is interesting to read what people associated with a different store think what GOG should do or not. It becomes hilarious when you realize what the other store is selling. Maximal trash like The Fortress of Dr. Radiaki or Postal 3.

GOG can do whatever they want here. If they haven't accepted Gollum then people would complain about it. GOG should have given the game a chance. Now they have accepted Gollum and people are complaining about it.

Whatever GOG is doing here, GOG is wrong.
As someone who uses BOTH stores, I will say that I'm glad that GOG sells Gollum and I'm glad that the "other" store sells Postal 3. If GOG sold Postal 3, especially with achievement support, I'd buy it here too.

I can find enjoyment in both Gollum and Postal 3 and I will oppose anyone who claims that either one of these "bad games" should not be sold. Gollum does run like crap, no one can deny that, but beyond that, the game itself is fine. Performance issues will either get fixed, or hardware will catch up some day to make up for the absolute lack of optimisation.

This. 101%.
Post edited June 05, 2023 by SargonAelther
neumi5694: Did someone seriously claim that they had to chose between the two games and chose Gollum? Maybe I missed that.
That's what I saw implied by:

Pax-Christi: Instead of working towards getting classics like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, The Lord of the Rings RTS games, Doom 2016 and Eternal, etc. We get...Gollum. GOLLUM.
Pax-Christi: ...the point is that out of all the games GOG could have released on their platform, they chose Gollum.
Looks like the game failed so hard that Daedalic is now Deadalic.

Terrible pun aside, Daedalic has confirmed that Gollum will be the last game they have developed, as they will be shutting down their internal development team, cancelling another Lord of the Rings game and laying off about 25 people in the process. They will continue to publish games, for the time being.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/06/daedalic-entertainment-shuts-down-internal-game-development-to-focus-on-publishing
Post edited June 30, 2023 by Grargar
Grargar: Looks like the game failed so hard that Daedalic is now Deadalic.

Terrible pun aside, Daedalic has confirmed that Gollum will be the last game they have developed, as they will be shutting down their internal development team, cancelling another Lord of the Rings game and laying off about 25 people in the process. They will continue to publish games, for the time being.

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/06/daedalic-entertainment-shuts-down-internal-game-development-to-focus-on-publishing
Terrible shame. The studio behind some of my favorite adventure games dies, and it's just about the most undignified end imaginable.
Soooooo.... Tough luck on ever getting this game fixed, then?