It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hellfire expansion is now available as a free add-on for everyone who purchases the Blizzard classic Diablo on GOG.COM.

Originally developed by Synergistic Software and released in 1997, Hellfire was not an official Blizzard product and did not carry Blizzard’s endorsement or label. Despite that, in response to Diablo players who have expressed a desire to experience the content, Blizzard has given the OK for it to be included as a free add-on with Diablo purchases on GOG.COM.

Hellfire offers a non-canonical single-player storyline where players must defeat a powerful demon named Na-Krul who is threatening Tristram. The expansion also adds a Monk class, new weapons and items, new missions, locations, dungeons, and enemies. Hellfire will be accessible while launching the original Diablo.

The Hellfire expansion comes with high-resolution support and compatibility updates to allow it to run on modern systems, and it’s available now as a free add-on for everyone who purchases the Blizzard classic Diablo. The game is currently 10% off during the Summer Sale Festival until June 17, 10 PM UTC.
kwerboom: H*LL YA, GOG!!!

The_Anon: This, this is why people like GoG.

People were all "aw wish we could have Hellfire as well" and not only did GoG deliver they also just gave it away to those who bought Diablo rather than treat it as an excuse to fleece customers for more money.
kwerboom: @The_Anon Agreed. Not only did GOG deliver an out of production expansion their customers had been asking them for, but they turned down an obvious opportunity to double-dip from those customers who bought the initial product without said expansion. Not many companies are this upright.
Amin brother. Indeed very customer friendly and very nice gesture. Thank you GOG and Blizzard :) !!!!!!!!
Post edited June 06, 2019 by Sir.Tomato
That's just nitpicking but I do hope the current fugly as sin "Now with Hellfire"-gamecard graphic is just temporary and will eventually be changed back to the aesthetically way more pleasing and iconic original.
Diablo was not high on my priority list to buy (I've played the base game through twice a long time ago, and Hellfire once)...

...but since I didn't expect GOG to manage to get the Hellfire expansion, yet they did, this made me buy the game. Just showing my appreciation for this extra effort and all.

Good job. Complete editions of classics (newer classics too; when is Crysis 2 coming anyway?).
idbeholdME: How is it worse? Hellfire is allegedly completely separate, so you can still play the original without issues. This just satisfies those who demanded it and means absolutely nothing for those who want to only play the original because it was granted for free. I am also not a fan of Hellfire, but I am still glad for this release as for some people, it apparently means a lot.
I'm glad for its release as well, I just wish it was as a free DLC rather than automagically included. I'm obviously not a fan, but I mean it when I say "Thanks for releasing." In general I'm not about depriving others of what they want unless it actually hurts me. :P
Wait a minute, why i can't use my Previously characters for Hellfire?
I really need to start again all the game?
LukeSabaton94: Wait a minute, why i can't use my Previously characters for Hellfire?
Zoltan_Kelemen: Is there any way to import Diablo1 character to Hellfire expansion? Tnx
Ankroth: Sure!

1. Find your savegame file (for example: D:\GOGGalaxyLibrary\Diablo\dx\single_0.sv)
2. Copy the file to hellfire folder (for example: D:\GOGGalaxyLibrary\Diablo\hellfire\single_0.sv)
3. Rename the file from "single_0.sv" to "single_0.hsv".
4. Have fun!

P.S: Keep in mind that all loot will disappear (except gold), so sell everything before you start the transfer procedure ;)
LukeSabaton94: Wait a minute, why i can't use my Previously characters for Hellfire?
Swedrami:

1. Find your savegame file (for example: D:\GOGGalaxyLibrary\Diablo\dx\single_0.sv)
2. Copy the file to hellfire folder (for example: D:\GOGGalaxyLibrary\Diablo\hellfire\single_0.sv)
4. Have fun!

P.S: Keep in mind that all loot will disappear (except gold), so sell everything before you start the transfer procedure ;)
Swedrami:
Many thanks, my dear :D

Swedrami, WAIT, i've done the thing.... but i spawned in Tristram with no weapons or armors, just with some gold in my pockets. It's normal?
Post edited June 06, 2019 by LukeSabaton94
Guys, i copied my PG on the Hellfire folder, modifing the file from .sv to .hsv, but my full set of armor and my weapons, like all my potions and scrolls, had left, leaving me only with my gold. It is normal or i make some errors during the file copying?
LukeSabaton94: Guys, i copied my PG on the Hellfire folder, modifing the file from .sv to .hsv, but my full set of armor and my weapons, like all my potions and scrolls, had left, leaving me only with my gold. It is normal or i make some errors during the file copying?

4. Have fun!

in the post that gave you your information. READ THE FULL INSTRUCTIONS.
Post edited June 06, 2019 by paladin181

4. Have fun!

paladin181: in the post that gave you your information. READ THE FULL INSTRUCTIONS.
The damn P.S, i haven't read it XD, sorry to bother you man XD
This was a pretty surprising release. I was certain Blizzard had swept Hellfire under the rug ages ago and was unwilling to dig it back out from there.
joppo: Gee, not even a "thank you Gog" after all the times you ferociously demanded they bring Hellfire?

Tough crowd, this one...
KiNgBrAdLeY7: I posted already a GRATS and a THANKS, like ~3 times in (sub)forum...

And my "thanks" was actually buying both those two and a nice pile of games, totalling roughly to 100 bucks!

Never let anyone say i don't appreciate "good business"! Demanding ferociously those extras before; now, look how many benefits brought, for everybody! And i am willing to spend more, if i am adequately serviced!
I don't dispute your purchase history and I certainly welcome the addition of the extra (although only indirectly because I'm not interested enough in Diablo to buy it for now regardless of the expansion) , thus also your part with so many others on bringing it here.

But your purchases are a matter private to you. The forum is not; and it's seen a lot of negativity lately (including yours at the original release thread) so a bit of positivity to counterbalance it is welcome. Subforum posts are mostly hidden from the large masses. If you want to show appreciation when they do things right what better place than this new release thread?

You're vocal when Gog does things you perceive as bad. That's not a bad thing. But I think you should be just as vocal when they give you reason to be grateful because otherwise you contribute into souring the forum for everyone else.

Edit:
KiNgBrAdLeY7: I posted already a GRATS and a THANKS, like ~3 times in (sub)forum...
I looked around just to be sure I wasn't being unfair. In all threads created or updated in the Diablo subforum in the 23 hours since Hellfire was added I couldn't find a single "thanks" post from you (or anyone else, actually). Did you happen to post in another game's subforum or was it a lie to save face?

Care to point me to any posts I may have missed?
Post edited June 06, 2019 by joppo
joppo: Care to point me to any posts I may have missed?
Page 3 of this very thread...

Summer Sale haul thread...

My own wishlist entry (can't post links due to low rep)...

And i am certain at 1 or 2 more threads, but i lost count.

Enough thanksgiving, or not? ^_^
I might be remembering it wrong, but didn't Hellfire also have a "Bard" class?
tomimt: This was a pretty surprising release. I was certain Blizzard had swept Hellfire under the rug ages ago and was unwilling to dig it back out from there.
The description reads like Blizzard let out a huge sigh before finally letting GOG release it.