It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hellfire expansion is now available as a free add-on for everyone who purchases the Blizzard classic Diablo on GOG.COM.

Originally developed by Synergistic Software and released in 1997, Hellfire was not an official Blizzard product and did not carry Blizzard’s endorsement or label. Despite that, in response to Diablo players who have expressed a desire to experience the content, Blizzard has given the OK for it to be included as a free add-on with Diablo purchases on GOG.COM.

Hellfire offers a non-canonical single-player storyline where players must defeat a powerful demon named Na-Krul who is threatening Tristram. The expansion also adds a Monk class, new weapons and items, new missions, locations, dungeons, and enemies. Hellfire will be accessible while launching the original Diablo.

The Hellfire expansion comes with high-resolution support and compatibility updates to allow it to run on modern systems, and it’s available now as a free add-on for everyone who purchases the Blizzard classic Diablo. The game is currently 10% off during the Summer Sale Festival until June 17, 10 PM UTC.
xbeanx3000: Yay! I still have the original disc, but it's great to have a drm-free version.
Wasn't the original DRM free? But anyways, it's awesome that they were able to work out a deal to include this for free with purchase of the base game.

I'm surprised by just how quickly they were able to make this happen.
KingofGnG: Nice. Unfortunately, I have already played enough/too much Diablo 1 for the time being :-P
That explains that, thank you for your sacrifice so that the rest of us can have the expansion.
Post edited June 05, 2019 by hedwards
Good job when it comes to preservation and I really like the expansion.
jaffa81: WOW, just WOW!
Maxvorstadt: Nope, we won`t get WOW here!!!
Hm, or is this the next big thing? WOW on GoG and playable via Galaxy?
Make it even more DRM free and let us run private WoW servers without Blizzard or Galaxy. I know it will never happen.
I was just at my local mom and pop game shop and they had a pretty much new condition copy of HELLFIRE in case and was going for 10 dollars, Something in me told me don't bother and what do you know, GOG now added it for free lol

Good day I tell ya, good day.
This is fantastic. Thank you so very much, GOG. :)
Artki: Besides the Monk, wasn't there a barbarian class as well?
IIRC there are two unfinished classes in Hellfire, Bard and Barbarian. They could be enabled and used the warrior graphics. There are some other features that can be enabled. I wonder if it works in the GOG version.

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Command.txt_exploit
Klumpen0815: Good job when it comes to preservation and I really like the expansion.
The expansion was already working, provided that one had a copy. But this is still great news for those that don't have the disc. Not to mention the convenience for those of us that do.
This seems like a ploy to finally dethrone HoMM3.
Edit: especially when combined with the fact that it is finally on sale. I mean, it's already in the top 48. For a game that really isn't better than most of the games it has now passed.
Post edited June 05, 2019 by darktjm
Another impossible task completed by GOG, keep it up!
Uhm, when Hellfire came out, it added a chest in town to put your surplus gold and items in it, but this chest is nowhere to be found!!!!!! Was it removed from this version of Hellfire?
Hi guys!
Is there any way to import Diablo1 character to Hellfire expansion? Tnx
Post edited June 05, 2019 by Zoltan_Kelemen
idbeholdME: They actually managed to get it. Impressive.

I hope you can still launch the original game without Hellfire and that it isn't built-in.
emter_pl: You can choose which version you want to play in the game launcher.
Thanks a lot guys, I would have bought it again, but you were so generous to give it to owners as an "normal" update.

I am quite speechless, please go on being so kind to your customers and preserving old games. AGAIN. THANKS GUYS!
Post edited June 05, 2019 by Anime-BlackWolf
I must say that I would prefer to pay some even if only a symbolic amount for the addition. For example, 1 dollar.
The work of both GOG and Blizzard should be paid for, and Blizzard should see that the public is ready to pay for sweets.
Makes you wonder - Why did GOG released Hellfire today and not tomorrow 06.06. (also classic Thursday)? Would be more appropriate unless.. they have something else prepared for us? *wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more*
Guess i will have to buy this someday, currently already spended my money on other games yesterday.Also never did i play the hellfire expansion, so this alone will be the reason to get it, since i do own the original diablo from a bravo screenfun cd..