It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Beloved Rapture is an indie jRPG inspired by the classics – and it’s now available on GOG with a -15% launch discount until October 14th, 5 PM UTC!

Explore beautiful landscapes, fight in turn-based battles, and uncover many secrets. This mid-length adventure balances both an intimate coming of age story, and larger threats looming over the troubled kingdom.

Now on GOG!
Looks very nice, I love seeing more jRPGs.
Thank you for screenshots that show actual game and UI. They sold me... I'll buy now but play in a couple months once some patches get in there.
Post edited 6 hours ago by mqstout
Looks nice, will check it out!

Thanks GOG and the devs for the release!
The vibe of this game brings me back to my childhood and teenage years.

Hope it doesn't disappoint :).
Hello all,

Looks nice, why the current 2.3/5 rating ? Oo

Also, is it me or more and more games have the LGBTQ+ tags ? Not sure what it means at face value. Games are themed around the tag ? One element of the game is relevant ? Is it made by and/or for the community ?

While I'm at it : are tags user made ? They often feel quite off to me. "JRPG" being put on Visual Novels, for example.
Post edited 4 hours ago by Deadmarye
Deadmarye: Looks nice, why the current 2.3/5 rating ? Oo

Also, is it me or more and more games have the LGBTQ+ tags ? Not sure what it means at face value. Games are themed around the tag ? One element of the game is relevant ? Is it made by and/or for the community ?
These two topics are the same. GOG, sadly, has a lot of phobic/haters, and that's likely the review issue. As for the tag, GOG's pretty conservative in applying it, but it's used when it's a particularly relevant element of the game. Which the developers repeatedly claim is in this one. Not all games that should have it do. (Example: Unpacking.) I'm sure a few do that shouldn't. We don't know how GOG comes up with tags -- if they do it themselves, only by developer suggestion, a hybrid, or something. But they are something that really should have customer input.
Post edited 3 hours ago by mqstout
Deadmarye: Looks nice, why the current 2.3/5 rating ? Oo

mqstout: These two topics are the same. GOG, sadly, has a lot of phobic/haters, and that's likely the review issue. As for the tag, GOG's pretty conservative in applying it, but it's used when it's a particularly relevant element of the game. Which the developers repeatedly claim is in this one. Not all games that should have it do. (Example: Unpacking.) I'm sure a few do that shouldn't. We don't know how GOG comes up with tags -- if they do it themselves, only by developer suggestion, a hybrid, or something. But they are something that really should have customer input.
Oh, I see. Alright, guess that clarifies it, thanks !

Always sad to see review bombing for such cases, still baffled GoG hasn't modified its review system to prohibit people not owning a game to rate it.

Edit : My goodness am I an idiot. I didn't read the first line of the page's description which would have answered my question. Ha.
Post edited 3 hours ago by Deadmarye
It looks like a nice JPRG. I assume the low rating relates to a specific spreadsheet that hates this game for the sheer sake of hating it when they could be putting the effort into playing something they would like.
Deadmarye: Hello all,

Looks nice, why the current 2.3/5 rating ? Oo

While I'm at it : are tags user made ? They often feel quite off to me. "JRPG" being put on Visual Novels, for example.
* Some people, for whatever reason, don't like the existence of LGBTQ+ content in their games, and will score the game low, even if they haven't played it
* More games are featuring LGBTQ+ characters simply because it's become less of a taboo subject over the years, plus there are more LGBTQ+ game developers who make such games.
Catventurer: It looks like a nice JPRG. I assume the low rating relates to a specific spreadsheet that hates this game for the sheer sake of hating it when they could be putting the effort into playing something they would like.
Feeling dumb for not having picked up on that myself, really should learn to read a store page carefully instead of drooling on screenshots.

Haters are really something aren't they ? Though it's still better here than on Steam's forum it amuses me to see puritanical review bombing for "adults" content on GoG. Or anything "anime". At least on that subject one can laughs at the hate, I guess.

I assumed this here crowd was a bit more tempered when it came to tolerate varied ways of life.

Anyways, did not mean to poke where it could hurt, my bad.
Post edited 2 hours ago by Deadmarye
dtgreene: * Some people, for whatever reason, don't like the existence of LGBTQ+ content in their games, and will score the game low, even if they haven't played it
On the bright side, on GOG at least, you have a separate verified owners rating and those are people who actually bought the game. Doubt too many people would buy a game they disapprove of just to give it an "official" low rating.

However, in the case of new and/or not very popular games, the fact that you don't have any indication concerning how many user scores contributed to the aggregate does put some limits on the usefulness of that metric though.
Post edited 43 minutes ago by Magnitus
Catventurer: It looks like a nice JPRG. I assume the low rating relates to a specific spreadsheet that hates this game for the sheer sake of hating it when they could be putting the effort into playing something they would like.
Deadmarye: Feeling dumb for not having picked up on that myself, really should learn to read a store page carefully instead of drooling on screenshots.
I only found out about their spreadsheet yesterday when I was on youtube looking for reviews on cozy games, and the related videos feed got filled with videos of people talking about (and against) said spreadsheet... so it's extremely recent for me. Personally, I rather like their spreadsheet just for the fact that if you are specifically looking for games that have a girl protagonist, LGBTQ+ characters, people of color, etc --- these silly boys are doing a lot of the work for you.

Now if only someone with posting access on Steam can go convince them that putting a cat into a game is DEI, it would really really help me out if they waste time checking if games have cats if I can just use their spreadsheet to check if games have cats on them. For now though if a game looks decent and they hate it, I'm willing to consider it.