It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play an arcade top-down hack and slash game featuring high-quality visuals created by veteran pixel artist Henk Nieborg, and music from the legendary composer Manami Matsumae. Battle Axe is now available on GOG.COM with a 15% discount lasting until 14th May 2021, 1 PM UTC!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Violently insta-bought.

Nice indie for a week-end on lockdown.
Well, my wishlist has certainly grown today.
"Heroic soundtrack by the legendary VGM composer Manami Matsumae."

But it's not available anywhere.
waiting for my pal switch copy. love the art for this...as fun to look at as lomax or flink for sure. cool it came to gog for some drm-free pc love.
This seems vaguely reminiscent of Golden Axe. Does anyone else see it, or is it just me?
PassiveZombie: This seems vaguely reminiscent of Golden Axe. Does anyone else see it, or is it just me?
Nope. Actual gameplay looks more like Chaos Engine.
I would say it's a bit pricey, given the length of the game and not much to offer in terms of replayability... great artwork and sound, nonetheless.
This game certainly reminds of the arcade games that were out back in the 80s and 90s. Strong temptation to buy it, but will wishlisted it instead for now, just to play it safe until I hear more about it.

I'm trying to avoid owning yet another game that may end up collecting digital dust lol.
Swissy88: "Heroic soundtrack by the legendary VGM composer Manami Matsumae."

But it's not available anywhere.
Maybe it will appear here in the future?...
PassiveZombie: This seems vaguely reminiscent of Golden Axe. Does anyone else see it, or is it just me?
Hence the title of the game?...
A lot of good releases today.

Wishlisted for now!