It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fuzzy wuzzy. Deep & tactical.

<span class="bold">Armello</span> a beautiful mix of card game, tabletop and RPG, is available now on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com

Looks aren't everything, and they can be deceiving. Armello's beautiful art, from the 2D Animated cutscenes through the 3D world and its characters, is an exceptional achievement that marries classic aesthetics with completely new mediums. The warmth of a classic Disney cartoon emanates from every corner of this graphical masterpiece.
But in armello, looks are just the tip of the iceberg - and deceiving they are. Underneath the lighthearted and whimsical facade is a deep, sophisticated mix of strategy, card game and RPG - it's no child's play. Your adventures across the world of Amello will be filled with peril, tactical challenge and difficult decisions - you'll affect the politics of this world, as well as its people. And whether you're a bear, a fox, or a bunny rabbit - your quest for the crown will be painted with blood. Armello takes the classic fantasy of cartoon animal adventure, and the feel of a truly mature tabletop, and brings them together in one of the most surprisingly entertaining indie titles of the year.

The soothing sounds of nature have nothing on the Armello Original Soundtrack</span>, so sit back and heed the Wyld's Call.

Rule the animal kingdom in <span class="bold">Armello</span>, available DRM-free on GOG.com.
Ah, this looks nice! Wishlisted for once I finish PoE.
Heartsib: Ah, this looks nice! Wishlisted for once I finish PoE.
"finish" path of exile? i thought that never happened :P

[you probably mean pillars of eternity?]
Post edited September 30, 2015 by lostwolfe
Scored it :)

Looks too great to pass up!

Saw the trailer first months ago. Watched it again today and WAM, it just appeared in my library. Not sure how, but sometimes these things just happen.
high rated
nightcraw1er.488: I quite agree, whats the point of releasing a game which has no single player campaign, just sell it online as an online only game. Zero interest, gone onto the nowishlist.
4X games usually don't have a campaign, just skirmishes versus AI. Games like Civilization, Colonization, Alpha Centauri, Master of Magic, Master of Orion etc. Best to make them online only as well, eh?
Hmm, a game I was waiting for. But only one week to go till Spiel which means absolutely no money to spare right now.

Timing is not my friend it seems.
nightcraw1er.488: I quite agree, whats the point of releasing a game which has no single player campaign
Not everyone who plays offline cares about having a campaign. I rarely bother with campaigns and scenarios in strategy games, but I almost exclusively play them offline.
nightcraw1er.488: I quite agree, whats the point of releasing a game which has no single player campaign, just sell it online as an online only game. Zero interest, gone onto the nowishlist.
JMich: 4X games usually don't have a campaign, just skirmishes versus AI. Games like Civilization, Colonization, Alpha Centauri, Master of Magic, Master of Orion etc. Best to make them online only as well, eh?
Quoted for truth.

Strategy games are about making your own story by guiding your own people to their own fates. All the good ones have no story outside of a "quest line" victory condition.

Which this one has as well, from what I understand
JMich: 4X games usually don't have a campaign, just skirmishes versus AI. Games like Civilization, Colonization, Alpha Centauri, Master of Magic, Master of Orion etc. Best to make them online only as well, eh?
TheTome56: Quoted for truth.

Strategy games are about making your own story by guiding your own people to their own fates. All the good ones have no story outside of a "quest line" victory condition.

Well, I enjoyed Age Of Empires, but the ones mentioned, yes, really not my type of thing (although I own all of them :o)
TheTome56: Strategy games are about making your own story by guiding your own people to their own fates. All the good ones have no story outside of a "quest line" victory condition.
What you're saying can be true, but saying that all good strategy games have no story is absolutely ridiculous.

As for me, the lack of a proper single player ca,paign makes Armello much less interesting than it could have been. I'll still probably pick it up eventualy, but only when it's on sale. And I think it should be clarified on the game's page that it only has multiplayer with bots as a single player mode. It may not be a problem for you, but as you can see there are others who could get a nasty surprise from that.
Post edited September 30, 2015 by Breja
viperfdl: Edit:
GOG.com: bunny rabbit
viperfdl: Isn't that redundant?
In what way? I can't see any other mention of rabbits, bunnies or otherwise.
mattymuc: And another game I miss a GOG-key as a backer :-(
Same here.
viperfdl: Edit:

Isn't that redundant?
EndlessWaves: In what way? I can't see any other mention of rabbits, bunnies or otherwise.
Doesn't bunny and rabbit mean the same animal?
Judging by the current selection of Metacritic reviews this is far from an enjoyable game as victory is a lot more dependent on luck and randomness than skill. Personally, I don't find the graphics appealing at all (apart from the animated cutscenes). It looks like the bastard child of a flashy mobile P2P and a casual flash game.
Post edited September 30, 2015 by Lemon_Curry
TheTome56: Quoted for truth.

nightcraw1er.488: Well, I enjoyed Age Of Empires, but the ones mentioned, yes, really not my type of thing (although I own all of them :o)
I think you're confusing "Real Time Strategy" for "Turn Based Strategy" . Because AoE is a real time strategy game. It follows different rules then a Turn Based Strategy game like Armello.

I know they are both 'strategy' games, but as any fan of the genre will tell you, they do have a few significant differences. The need for a story mode is one of them. It's not necessary in Civilization, but it is necessary in Command and Conquer, even though they are both part of the same genre.
Breja: But it's just multiplayer with bots. Not a proper single player campaign.
tremere110: It's essentially a boardgame. There is no campaign.
Strange as it probably sounds, that's exactly what I was hoping. Read the description and thought to myself, "Hope they didn't waste time on a campaign I'll end up glossing over each time I re-play the game."

Don't mind throwing $20 at this, game looks beautiful.