It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Fuzzy wuzzy. Deep & tactical.

<span class="bold">Armello</span> a beautiful mix of card game, tabletop and RPG, is available now on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, DRM-free on GOG.com

Looks aren't everything, and they can be deceiving. Armello's beautiful art, from the 2D Animated cutscenes through the 3D world and its characters, is an exceptional achievement that marries classic aesthetics with completely new mediums. The warmth of a classic Disney cartoon emanates from every corner of this graphical masterpiece.
But in armello, looks are just the tip of the iceberg - and deceiving they are. Underneath the lighthearted and whimsical facade is a deep, sophisticated mix of strategy, card game and RPG - it's no child's play. Your adventures across the world of Amello will be filled with peril, tactical challenge and difficult decisions - you'll affect the politics of this world, as well as its people. And whether you're a bear, a fox, or a bunny rabbit - your quest for the crown will be painted with blood. Armello takes the classic fantasy of cartoon animal adventure, and the feel of a truly mature tabletop, and brings them together in one of the most surprisingly entertaining indie titles of the year.

The soothing sounds of nature have nothing on the Armello Original Soundtrack</span>, so sit back and heed the Wyld's Call.

Rule the animal kingdom in <span class="bold">Armello</span>, available DRM-free on GOG.com.
Where exactly does it say "multiplayer-only"?
Post edited September 30, 2015 by Grargar
I rather wonder if the "fully optional" Galaxy client is also mandatory for the multiplayer portion of this game too. ;)
Breja: This is pretty much exactly the game I want to play, everything I was looking for after reading Redwall and The Book of the Dun Cow, and playing the tabletop Mice an Mystics. And the damn thing is multiplayer only. No single player story mode. Why? Just... why?
JudasIscariot: Not sure where this is coming from but there are two main menu items in the game: Single-player and Multiplayer.
I'm sorry, I wasn not precise- there is a single player, but as I understand it's just multiplayer with bots. Not a proper single player campaign.

From the Steam forum: "There is not going to be a campaign mode or similar.

Singleplayer Armello is the same four character race for the throne as multiplayer, just with AI."
Post edited September 30, 2015 by Breja
Got the game, installed it, started to play, yes, there is Single Player.

Game on!
And another game I miss a GOG-key as a backer :-(
lostwolfe: i'm going to be that guy.

and i will probably get downvoted.

sorry in advance. :(

this is a month late, without any explanation other than: "we didn't realize how difficult multiplayer was going to be on drm-free and we had to remove the drm." [and to get those explanations, you had to be tuned into a stream that most here probably didn't attend. to get the other news - about "removing drm is difficult"] you had to go to steam/their forums. not stellar means of communication when they have a blog/the ear of the press and could have simply got this one sentence out into the wild.]

i really was excited for this game, but these two things killed any real interest i may have had. i am wishlisting it now and will wait for it to go on sale before i jump.
Why would you be downvoted? Seems to me you have some valid, while of course subjective, motives for the way you feel.

Whatever, I upvoted you.
JudasIscariot: Not sure where this is coming from but there are two main menu items in the game: Single-player and Multiplayer.
Breja: But it's just multiplayer with bots. Not a proper single player campaign.
It's essentially a boardgame. There is no campaign.
Breja: But it's just multiplayer with bots. Not a proper single player campaign.
tremere110: It's essentially a boardgame. There is no campaign.
Yes. That's what I said.
It's too beautiful to pass...it's mine now!
Damnation,i didn't see the soundtrack T_T
*OST wish listed*
Ah, finally here. Though it wouldn't happen with all the problems with the drm-free release. Wishlisted.
Looks cute and no regional pricing which is great.
Unfortunately I'm way too broke to buy it at the current price, even without the soundtrack.
tremere110: It's essentially a boardgame. There is no campaign.
Nothing prevents a boardgame from including a campaign. Ironclad Tactics has one. Renowned Explorers is singleplayer.
Excellent. I shall be picking this up once I've freed up the time to play it. Looks to be a good game in the vein of Age of Wonders, only more charming.
Breja: I'm sorry, I wasn not precise- there is a single player, but as I understand it's just multiplayer with bots. Not a proper single player campaign.

Singleplayer Armello is the same four character race for the throne as multiplayer, just with AI."
Ah, maybe not then. This quite diminishes the interest. No proper campaign pretty much scotches it for me.
Post edited September 30, 2015 by IAmSinistar
tinyE: Or am I thinking of Carmello?
Perhaps Caramello? That was doomed as soon as Kraft bought Cadbury.
Post edited September 30, 2015 by IAmSinistar
low rated
IAmSinistar: Excellent. I shall be picking this up once I've freed up the time to play it. Looks to be a good game in the vein of Age of Wonders, only more charming.
Breja: I'm sorry, I wasn not precise- there is a single player, but as I understand it's just multiplayer with bots. Not a proper single player campaign.

IAmSinistar: Ah, maybe not then. This quite diminishes the interest. No proper campaign pretty much scotches it for me.
I quite agree, whats the point of releasing a game which has no single player campaign, just sell it online as an online only game. Zero interest, gone onto the nowishlist.

On this subject, can anyone point me in the direction of an ignore button, or is this for those you have brought only?
Post edited September 30, 2015 by nightcraw1er.488