It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We’ve got another batch of relaxing, puzzle games from AleC Games that are joining our catalog: Hit the Shape, Tap It Away, Fill the Rainbow. All ready to relieve your stress while keeping the brain active – and launching with a -25% discount until April 19th, 2 PM UTC!

Hit the Shape
In this one your goal is to drag an aiming line that will launch the ball in order to clear all the elements from the board. A concept similar to brick breaker games, but with a puzzle element.

Tap It Away
Here, you’ll tap the blocks to make them fly away and clear the screen. But because blocks only fly in one direction, you've got to approach this carefully. One wrong click and you can brick the run.

Fill the Rainbow
Fun, simplicity, and an immersive atmosphere. Try to connect all the colorful blocks and sharpen your mind.

Check them out!
Time to get in shape!
This has to be a first - these games are not on Steam yet.

they are not gOg excusives, though, you find them on Google Play and AppStore as well. where they are all free to play with adds an in-app purchases.

With appologies to AleC Games - I do not often say this, but this time I do wonder what gOg's curration is really about
Post edited April 16, 2024 by amok
amok: This has to be a first - these games are not on Steam yet.
These "games" are such trash that not even steam wants them! If gog had any dignity and standards left, they would never, ever, EVER pass curation!

Most of this junk can be played in a browser for free, not that i would recommend it. This is below shovelware.
Post edited April 16, 2024 by 00063
high rated
00063: These "games" are such trash that not even steam wants them! If gog had any dignity and standards left, they would never ever, EVER pass curation!

Most of this junk can be played in a browser for free, not that i would recommend it. This is below shovelware.
Did you play them or just look at the screenshots? I've played some of them (e.g. Arrow, Puzzlink) and think they are quite good. Sure, not the most complex puzzle games ever, but for a very low price price you get a lot of content (Arrow for example has nearly 2000 levels) and nice games to play for some minutes in between the huge games.
More casual puzzlers. Cool, cool.
00063: These "games" are such trash that not even steam wants them!
Pfft. Someone's way up on their high horse. Clearly you don't know a damn thing about how listing games on Steam works.
00063: These "games" are such trash that not even steam wants them!

Most of this junk can be played in a browser for free, not that i would recommend it.
This is below shovelware.
Are these facts or just your opinion?
00063: These "games" are such trash that not even steam wants them! If gog had any dignity and standards left, they would never, ever, EVER pass curation!
Except that GOG users are clearly purchasing AleC's games, maybe even more so than Steam users considering that the games are showing up on GOG before Steam.

If they're not your thing, you don't have to purchase them. This also applies to NSFW games or anything else that someone has decided shouldn't be here even though sales obviously say otherwise.

edit - typo fix
Post edited April 16, 2024 by Catventurer
https://www.gog.com/en/games?developers=alexis-clemente

Huh? I totally missed another drop of these puzzle games. (I knew about the two ARROW games)
But when did these titles join the catalog?

Fill Multicolor
Links Puzzle
Puzzlink
Swipepi

edit: Found it!
That was in January:
Release: 3 puzzle titles from AleC Games

Oh, and before in September:
Release: Swipepi and ARROW Patterns
Post edited April 16, 2024 by g2222
Nah! They certainly are on Steam. Except, people don't seem to care too much for them.
00063: Most of this junk can be played in a browser for free, not that i would recommend it. This is below shovelware.
Having played some of the AleC's "creations", I unfortunately have to agree. This feels like a (very) low effort, quick cash grab, and so does this guy's entire ever-growing catalog. That guy appears to be in his thirties or forties, and the low effort approach feels consistent throughout all his products.

The guy's alleged primary cash cow is a phone app that prints random motivational quotes on a stock photo background, with ads mixed in. In other words: the code that displays the ads is likely the most complicated part of the app. I would be surprised if that kind of thing takes more than 20 lines of code and 10 minutes to do. In fact, let me program this right now:

function showQuote() {
document.body.style.backgroundImage = "url('image" + rand(1, 100) +"'.jpg)";
document.body.innerHTML = quote[rand(0,quote.length -1)];
setTimeout("showQuote()", 10000);
}
showQuote()

Done. The "games" are likely a little more complicated, but not much, if you use some framework. A day or two, perhaps?

"Shovelware" is a rather polite word for this.
Post edited April 16, 2024 by Nervensaegen
Nervensaegen: (…]
Is it done? So you have already made those 100 images that would be displayed?

I don't know. That's like saying you can easily build a car if you can change the tires.
00063: Most of this junk can be played in a browser for free, not that i would recommend it. This is below shovelware.
Nervensaegen: Having played some of the AleC's "creations", I unfortunately have to agree. This feels like a (very) low effort, quick cash grab, and so does this guy's entire ever-growing catalog. (...)
Done. The "games" are likely a little more complicated, but not much, if you use some framework. A day or two, perhaps? "Shovelware" is a rather polite word for this.
Okay... What keeps you from publishing your own games then? Sounds like you are missing out on a quick buck or two.
Nervensaegen: Nah! They certainly are on Steam. Except, people don't seem to care too much for them.
No, the only game AleC Games sell on Steam is Arrow, I cannot find any of the others.
mk47at: Is it done? So you have already made those 100 images that would be displayed?

I don't know. That's like saying you can easily build a car if you can change the tires.
Why "make"? There are thousands of free and paid images you can take and use as random backgrounds. You can use your own photos, if you have enough (most people do these days), but you don't even have to.

Displaying a slideshow with a random quote isn't rocket science.

And, yes. Frameworks these days make a bunch of things as easy as changing a tire.
I should know: I wrote some of them. Including one, that auto-generates an entire web-app in under 3 minutes with zero programming on your part, based on your input.

Nervensaegen: Having played some of the AleC's "creations", I unfortunately have to agree. This feels like a (very) low effort, quick cash grab, and so does this guy's entire ever-growing catalog. (...)
Done. The "games" are likely a little more complicated, but not much, if you use some framework. A day or two, perhaps? "Shovelware" is a rather polite word for this.
g2222: Okay... What keeps you from publishing your own games then? Sounds like you are missing out on a quick buck or two.
I could, sure. In fact, it is simple enough that you probably could do it too, if you didn't mind doing that sort of thing for a living. But it is not for me. I prefer my Enterprise Service Bus, Containers, Data Lakes, my Spark clusters, and my Terabyte Business Intelligence Data Warehousing platforms, thank you very much.

Tell me something: If you had the opportunity to design Mechs for a living, and somebody told you, you could be a rich man quick by peddling raisins instead--would you sell the raisins, or build the Mechs?

Nervensaegen: Nah! They certainly are on Steam. Except, people don't seem to care too much for them.
amok: No, the only game AleC Games sell on Steam is Arrow, I cannot find any of the others.
Ah! Yes, that's the one I saw. I didn't know it was the only one. Thanks for the update! :)
Post edited April 16, 2024 by Nervensaegen
Can you do that without getting delisted? I don't know, because I don't care about mobile apps.

Anyhow obviously there are people interested in getting random motivational quotes – otherwise those things would not exist.

––

All these comments in release threads blindly bashing everything that gets released is really annoying. Oh I'm not interested in this or that so it should not be sold. Go to a supermarket and look what is sold. There are things that are really problematic for different reasons, e.g. energy drinks being sold to little kids that definitely should not drink those huge amounts of sugar and caffeine – that's something worth doing something about and not a random release on a store that you are not interested in. Just an idea…

If I were to write something about every game from genres I don't like I would have to do a lot of pointless writing.