It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If a steamy science-fiction visual novel sounds like something you’d enjoy – this title is sure to grab your attention!

3001: A Lust Odyssey is focusing on exploring the final frontier. The game is packed with romance and multiple references to popular sci-fi culture, as you play as a young male ensign and build up your career.

Now on GOG!
Now I'm curious if a variant of Dark Helmet will appear.
meh
Post edited June 01, 2024 by Reaper9988
That's an interesting marketing strategy by these devs: blatantly rip off IPs that they have no legitimate rights to use, and by so doing, they create a "fear of missing out" (since this game will probably be delisted soon) and thus cause many people who otherwise wouldn't have ever bought it, to buy it.

I wonder if that marketing strategy works, because the downside for the devs is that once it becomes delisted, then all of their revenue from this game will permanently go to zero from that point on.
SargonAelther: You (and some others) are forgetting the literal stargate in the second screenshot too, so it's not just Star Trek.

Had to buy it due to the delisting risk, as you say though.
MarkoH01: I got curious and skipped a bit through the free itch release ... it's not just stargate and star trek they used every big scifi franchise they could think of - they even included avatar (using the original subtitle font for the text in those scenes). They are basically asking for getting a copyright claim. There's a slim chance though that they asked for permission but somehow I doubt this.
I assume they are treating this as a parody, which falls under fair use, just like all those parody movies from the 1980-2010 period. No one sued Space Balls.

wolfsite: Now I'm curious if a variant of Dark Helmet will appear.
It would be pretty cool to have a pathetic Vader type.
Looking at the first screenshot with the cat girl. Romance is a funny way of describing the game.
Pat Headroom: Looking at the first screenshot with the cat girl. Romance is a funny way of describing the game.
That's a typo.
Should be "purrmance". ;)
SargonAelther: No one sued Space Balls.
Because Mel Brooks asked George Lucas, whether he could make fun of his franchise.
Lucas said: "ok - but under one condition, only: no merchandise!"
Well, if you know the movie, you know how Mel reacted to that condition. XD
Post edited June 01, 2024 by BreOl72
Still seeing nothing. Is Germany censored again?
SargonAelther: I assume they are treating this as a parody, which falls under fair use, just like all those parody movies from the 1980-2010 period. No one sued Space Balls.
The difference is that in Space Balls the Death Star was a giant maid with a vacuum cleaner and Millenium Falcon was an RV with wings. In this game DS9 is DS9 and the Enterprise is the Enterprise. Not even a token effort was made to change the models.
Post edited June 01, 2024 by Breja
Vainamoinen: Is Germany censored again?
Wait, what?
Germany is censored?
Mind to elaborate?

Breja: In this game DS9 is DS9 and the Enterprise is the Enterprise.
Not even a token effort was made to change the models.
Well, at least they changed the name from "DS 9" to "DS 69".

But yeah - with characters named Captain Jane Kateway, Dr. Bethany Smusher, Lieutenant Jodi La Tour, Lieutenant Sasha Bar, and many others in the same vein, they really don't hide the manifold source(s) of their inspiration.
Post edited June 01, 2024 by BreOl72
How similar can/may a parody be?
BreOl72: Wait, what?
Germany is censored?
Mind to elaborate?
I think what he means is "cock blocked".
Germany is censored?
Mind to elaborate?
viperfdl: I think what he means is "cock blocked".
She
mk47at: How similar can/may a parody be?
https://www.wer-hat-urheberrecht.de/fileadmin/user_upload/urheberrecht/unterrichtsmaterial/t6_wer_hat_recht/6.1.6._Sek2_Remake_und_Parodie-Infoblatt.pdf
(Sorry, international readers: German only)
Vainamoinen: Still seeing nothing. Is Germany censored again?
I can confirm that it's getting dark outside. Did someone really put a huge censor bar across the whole country? :-(
Germany is censored?
Mind to elaborate?
It's not showing. If I click the link, I get a random selection of games. If I search for 3001 in the entire catalog, no results.

g2222: I can confirm that it's getting dark outside. Did someone really put a huge censor bar across the whole country? :-(
Not that I know of. Of course, there's that annoying Universal logo in the sky.
Post edited June 01, 2024 by Vainamoinen