It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Send a message: wait for a sale. Or don't buy at all. Or buy it at full price. Your choice.
Post edited November 13, 2014 by tfishell
Matruchus: A small update and regional pricing cause of that. At this rate in a year or two most of gogs catalog will be regionally priced.
Cavalary: No kidding... But, of course, that was obviously the plan anyway.
Since february (?), GoG knew they had to establish regional pricing sneaky to prevent another outrage like when they first announced this.
-----------------------------------
Regarding Mount & Blade:

The whole series was listed as $9.xx at the promo,
at checking out it suddenly was $10.17 and no shop credit.

Do I see this right, that there was regional pricing included without a shop credit for the first time here and completely sneaky too?
Post edited November 14, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Cavalary: No kidding... But, of course, that was obviously the plan anyway.
Klumpen0815: Since february (?), GoG knew they had to establish regional pricing sneaky to prevent another outrage like when they first announced this.
-----------------------------------
Regarding Mount & Blade:

The whole series was listed as $9.xx at the promo,
at checking out it suddenly was $10.17 and no shop credit.

Do I see this right, that there was regional pricing included without a shop credit for the first time here and completely sneaky too?
Yeah, that's weird. What's weirder is that the games themselves aren't regionally priced (except for the lower Russian price, that is), so the difference is only for the sale. Then again, I think I did notice others mentioning discounts 1% less for UK/Eurozone at times, which could be an odd rounding error on their end for whatever the backend does with currencies, and in this case it's 0.5%, but nasty either way.
Grargar: Sneaky. Very sneaky indeed. Retro City Rampage has retroactively entered the realms of regional pricing (along with the DX update and the addition of the Mac version) and transformed into Retro City Rampage DX.
More sad is the fact that the game can still be purchased through the humble store widget from the officila site, with a flat price and with a GOG key included. How much GOG can fail after that?

http://www.retrocityrampage.com/store.php
Cavalary: ... and feel rotten for having supported that publisher / developer in the first place.
HypersomniacLive: That's been a great problem for me with D:OS and Wasteland 2 which I backed a long time ago.
Same here with WL2 (where they also took the time to create a version of the game to avoid giving backers some extra) and pillars of eternity.
Post edited November 14, 2014 by MIK0
MIK0: Sneaky. Very sneaky indeed. Retro City Rampage has retroactively entered the realms of regional pricing (along with the DX update and the addition of the Mac version) and transformed into Retro City Rampage DX.

More sad is the fact that the game can still be purchased through the humble store widget from the officila site, with a flat price and with a GOG key included. How much GOG can fail after that?

That is really weird but there was a month ago in one of the release threads that said that gog alone decides what will be regionally priced and what not and that is not the publishers/developers decision for that particular game. Off course he was at once negated by one [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_wings_remastered_edition/post156]gog employee. But I really do wonder what is the truth here and in other cases.
Post edited November 14, 2014 by Matruchus
It would probably make more sense if the publisher decides it. Maybe GOG can make proposals based on selling behavior in the regions but the publisher should set a price for his product, right?

On the other hand I have growing doubts that GOG can or is willing to fight for worlwide flat pricing and achieve anything substantial there. Not even their parent company CDP is doing it (see The Witcher Adventure). When they said that they have market power for negotiating flat prices back in february either they were way to optimistic or they were trying to fool someone or both.

The good thing I can say is that I didn't buy any regionally priced game from GOG ever so far. The bad thing I have to say is that I didn't buy a game for some months. So everything has its up and downsides.

I might consider buying regionally priced games but only if the price is low and the price difference is low too. I really don't want to support these practices and so I won't.

I remember the discussions from february and although GOG implemented the the partly price compensation scheme I still think they should advertise worldwide flat prices for all games older than a few months as one of their goals.

And my trust in their negotiation power is on an all time low.
Post edited November 14, 2014 by Trilarion
Matruchus: Off course he was at once negated by one gog employee. But I really do wonder what is the truth here and in other cases.
So CD Projekt RED insisted on having regional pricing for the Witcher Adventure Game. 0___o

Still waiting to see what excuse will be given by them as so far the demand for an explanation is being ignored.
Trilarion: I remember the discussions from february and although GOG implemented the the partly price compensation scheme I still think they should advertise worldwide flat prices for all games older than a few months as one of their goals.
I couldn't agree with this more, if GOG is truly dedicated towards doing their best to keep flat pricing as an important aspect here then they should put a time period stipulation for how long a new game will be regionally priced until it becomes available at a flat worldwide price, similar to the situation with the Witcher 2.
Post edited November 14, 2014 by stg83
Matruchus: Off course he was at once negated by one gog employee. But I really do wonder what is the truth here and in other cases.
stg83: So CD Projekt RED insisted on having regional pricing for the Witcher Adventure Game. 0___o

Still waiting to see what excuse will be given by them as so far the demand for an explanation is being ignored.
Trilarion: I remember the discussions from february and although GOG implemented the the partly price compensation scheme I still think they should advertise worldwide flat prices for all games older than a few months as one of their goals.
stg83: I couldn't agree with this more, if GOG is truly dedicated towards doing their best to keep flat pricing as an important aspect here then they should put a time period stipulation for how long a new game will be regionally priced until it becomes available at a flat worldwide price, similar to the situation with the Witcher 2.
Even if you got an answer all it will either be
a - "We need to match for the physical copies"
b - "Everyone else is doing it, so we just decided to go along with it."

Wither way it will be ended with " We are so sorry forgive us" and everyone will just sigh and carry on, why bother asking any company to do anything these days. None are any better, once they get to a certain size they just sort of flop into the normal mold.
stg83: So CD Projekt RED insisted on having regional pricing for the Witcher Adventure Game. 0___o

stg83: I couldn't agree with this more, if GOG is truly dedicated towards doing their best to keep flat pricing as an important aspect here then they should put a time period stipulation for how long a new game will be regionally priced until it becomes available at a flat worldwide price, similar to the situation with the Witcher 2.
CDPR doesn't publish their own games, and unfortunately for localizations and distribution, publishers often set regional prices to keep retailers happy. Meaning CDPR isn't setting the regional pricing for their games, the publishers are.
011284mm: Even if you got an answer all it will either be

Wither way it will be ended with " We are so sorry forgive us" and everyone will just sigh and carry on, why bother asking any company to do anything these days. None are any better, once they get to a certain size they just sort of flop into the normal mold.
But thats the thing though CD Projekt RED is not like everyone else and they have proven that they care about their customers with their previous two releases. As far as I know there is no retail version of The Witcher Adventure Game, there is a physical board game though but using that as an excuse would be utterly ridiculous. That is why I am still curious to hear from them regarding this decision to sell the game here regionally priced.
MIK0: Sneaky. Very sneaky indeed. Retro City Rampage has retroactively entered the realms of regional pricing (along with the DX update and the addition of the Mac version) and transformed into Retro City Rampage DX.

Matruchus: That is really weird but there was a month ago in one of the release threads that said that gog alone decides what will be regionally priced and what not and that is not the publishers/developers decision for that particular game. Off course he was at once negated by one [url=http://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_wings_remastered_edition/post156]gog employee. But I really do wonder what is the truth here and in other cases.
It wouldn't be the first publisher I know off that got regional price pushed by GOG.

I couldn't agree with this more, if GOG is truly dedicated towards doing their best to keep flat pricing as an important aspect here then they should put a time period stipulation for how long a new game will be regionally priced until it becomes available at a flat worldwide price, similar to the situation with the Witcher 2.
011284mm: Even if you got an answer all it will either be

No boxed version of the Witcher Adventure Game seems to be planned, so this silly excuse doesn't work either.
paladin181: CDPR doesn't publish their own games, and unfortunately for localizations and distribution, publishers often set regional prices to keep retailers happy. Meaning CDPR isn't setting the regional pricing for their games, the publishers are.
In case of The Witcher Adventure CDP seems to be the publisher and somebody else the creator (http://www.gog.com/game/witcher_adventure_game). Meaning CDPR is setting the regional pricing in this case or isn't it?

I mean it seems even their own parent company betrays them - they must be doomed.
Post edited November 14, 2014 by Trilarion
Next: http://www.gog.com/game/this_war_of_mine
Came to post about the same.