It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

real.geizterfahr: Because the anouncement of regional pricing went not very well. I think the fair price packages were introduced as an "insurance" for us. Some kind of proof that GOG will push hard for world wide, flat pricing. But with even indies going the regional pricing route... I can clearly see the fair pricing packages vanishing eventually.
JudasIscariot: We managed to get the Disney games that we have on offer now without regional pricing so I think there's at least that bit of incontrovertible proof that we fight where we can against regional pricing :)
The Disney games you are offering (so far) are 20 years old, it's easier for Disney to let go of regional pricing for such old titles. Let's see them do the same thing with something more recent (last few years or so).
JudasIscariot: We managed to get the Disney games that we have on offer now without regional pricing so I think there's at least that bit of incontrovertible proof that we fight where we can against regional pricing :)
synfresh: The Disney games you are offering (so far) are 20 years old, it's easier for Disney to let go of regional pricing for such old titles. Let's see them do the same thing with something more recent (last few years or so).
Yep, that's basically what anyone can do at this point: wait and see :)

Also, I did not realize that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was 20 years old :P Don't mind me, just being a bit facetious :)
synfresh: The Disney games you are offering (so far) are 20 years old, it's easier for Disney to let go of regional pricing for such old titles. Let's see them do the same thing with something more recent (last few years or so).
JudasIscariot: Yep, that's basically what anyone can do at this point: wait and see :)

Also, I did not realize that Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was 20 years old :P Don't mind me, just being a bit facetious :)
One would hope there's at least someone over there and someone over at the companies you're in talks with doing a bit more than waiting...
AliensCrew: Is here anyone who really believes that trade conditions of two business partners (like Valve and CDPR) will be made public via an article in a paper or on a website blog?
Not everything is under NDA and even if it were, we've seen a lot of leaks about it and even screenshots of the pages where you set prices I believe.

There was also this quote from Vandal from GOG, though the original link appears to be down by now:
Vandal (CD Projekt): Just remember, Steam doesn't necessarily set the prices for games on the site -- they've asked publishers about the prices they'd like to sell games at. Publishers have to approve the pricing, or they have an option of changing it. With The Witcher: Enhanced Edition we asked them to lower the price in Europe (well, Eastern Europe, where the game is available on Steam) to be in-line with market expectations.

Valve sent us an email basically saying "here's what we're doing and here are the prices we're planning to use -- let us know if you need them adjusted" and I'd suspect that other publishers must have gotten that same email.. particularly considering the fact that we only have one game on Steam, so we're a minor player.
JudasIscariot: Yep, that's basically what anyone can do at this point: wait and see :)

KOTOR is 10 yrs old but the point stands in that I'd be surprised if Disney put up a fuss for regional pricing for these older titles. Perhaps someone else knows but is KOTOR regional priced at other distributors?

synfresh: KOTOR is 10 yrs old but the point stands in that I'd be surprised if Disney put up a fuss for regional pricing for these older titles. Perhaps someone else knows but is KOTOR regional priced at other distributors?
All of Lucasarts games are regionally priced elsewhere. KOTOR prices on Steam here: https://www.steamprices.com/us/app/32370/star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic
Prices in other stores are usually the same as prices on Steam (regular prices).
Post edited November 12, 2014 by Matruchus
AliensCrew: And the other thing...do you really think that GOG will take their fair price package away? Why should they do so?
real.geizterfahr: Well... Because:
AliensCrew: GOG is still a company that needs to make profit to keep it existance.
real.geizterfahr: Fair price packages eat a huge part of GOG's profit. They get 30% from every sold item and have to pay every single cent from the fair price packages from their own pockets.

Take Blackguards, for example. It's €45 for us, meaning a share of €13.50 for GOG. Blackguards comes with €9.30 store credit as compensation for the higher price. GOG's profit is reduced to €6.99 (€4.20 from Blackguards + €2.79 of your €9.30 store credit), not calculating any VAT (MwSt)... That's almost 50% less than they'd make without the fair price package (and $4.80 less than they'd get from US customers). That's a lot!

AliensCrew: And why should they grant this fair price package at all if they plan to take it away in a couple of months/years?
real.geizterfahr: Because the anouncement of regional pricing went not very well. I think the fair price packages were introduced as an "insurance" for us. Some kind of proof that GOG will push hard for world wide, flat pricing. But with even indies going the regional pricing route... I can clearly see the fair pricing packages vanishing eventually.
So GOG get their cut from the US-Prices as they do it before the comming of regional Prices + the extra income through sells in Russia. Well I think they can compensate the costs for grant their fair Price package. That is called mix calculation. Very normal in the trade Business.

AliensCrew: Is here anyone who really believes that trade conditions of two business partners (like Valve and CDPR) will be made public via an article in a paper or on a website blog?
Pheace: Not everything is under NDA and even if it were, we've seen a lot of leaks about it and even screenshots of the pages where you set prices I believe.

There was also this quote from Vandal from GOG, though the original link appears to be down by now:

Vandal (CD Projekt): Just remember, Steam doesn't necessarily set the prices for games on the site -- they've asked publishers about the prices they'd like to sell games at. Publishers have to approve the pricing, or they have an option of changing it. With The Witcher: Enhanced Edition we asked them to lower the price in Europe (well, Eastern Europe, where the game is available on Steam) to be in-line with market expectations.

Valve sent us an email basically saying "here's what we're doing and here are the prices we're planning to use -- let us know if you need them adjusted" and I'd suspect that other publishers must have gotten that same email.. particularly considering the fact that we only have one game on Steam, so we're a minor player.
Pheace:
On the page you mentionend it will be talked about a Price and not about regional pricing. That's a different thing I would say.
Post edited November 12, 2014 by AliensCrew
What I don't get is why is Mount & Blade: Warband regionally priced since its quite an old game (4 years). The offer at the moment does negate the regional pricing for the moment though.
Of the 6 non-US regions MaGog checks, the Mount & Blade games are regionally priced only in the RU (Russia) region:
- Regional price for Mount & Blade in RU: $6.09 instead of $9.99
- Regional price for Mount & Blade: Warband in RU: $8.69 instead of $19.99
- Regional price for Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars in RU: $4.89 instead of $9.99
- Regional price for Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest in RU: $6.09 instead of $14.99
- Regional price for Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword in RU: $4.89 instead of $9.99
Post edited November 12, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: Of the 6 non-US regions MaGog checks, the Mount & Blade games are regionally priced only in the RU (Russia) region:
So less regional priced so much as pirate discounted, it seems.
"This War of Mine" is regionally priced in all the 6 non-US regions that MaGog checks:
- Regional price for This War of Mine [Upcoming] in AU: $20.09 instead of $19.99
- Regional price for This War of Mine [Upcoming] in BR: $16.99 instead of $19.99
- Regional price for This War of Mine [Upcoming] in DE: $23.89 instead of $19.99
- Regional price for This War of Mine [Upcoming] in GB: $24.09 instead of $19.99
- Regional price for This War of Mine [Upcoming] in PL: $23.89 instead of $19.99
- Regional price for This War of Mine [Upcoming] in RU: $10.39 instead of $19.99
Post edited November 12, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: "This War of Mine" is regionally priced in all the 6 non-US regions that MaGog checks:
11 bit Studios does it again. Regional pricing everywhere, except for their own store.
mrkgnao: Of the 6 non-US regions MaGog checks, the Mount & Blade games are regionally priced only in the RU (Russia) region:
IAmSinistar: So less regional priced so much as pirate discounted, it seems.
I think it's quite unfair that hard-working pirates in other regions of the world do not get equally rewarded for their effort.
Matruchus: What I don't get is why is Mount & Blade: Warband regionally priced since its quite an old game (4 years). The offer at the moment does negate the regional pricing for the moment though.
As you can see from mrkgnao's post just below your post, there is no higher price for the game. Only a lower price for Russians.
Grargar: 11 bit Studios does it again. Regional pricing everywhere, except for their own store.
Here is another interesting tidbit that makes you wonder why fellow polish developers that are formerly of CDPR can't be convinced to sell their games at a flat price on GOG as well apart from just their own website.
Post edited November 12, 2014 by stg83