It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: We managed to get the Disney games that we have on offer now without regional pricing so I think there's at least that bit of incontrovertible proof that we fight where we can against regional pricing :)
That is what really gave me hope that GOG does indeed still care about flat pricing as it was a very nice surprise seeing Disney uncharacteristically adhere to it here as compared to other digital distribution stores, where the games are still regionally priced. But then again, the Witcher Adventure Game published by CDPR being regionally priced has once more raised some doubts towards the commitment against regional pricing.
Post edited November 12, 2014 by stg83
JudasIscariot: We managed to get the Disney games that we have on offer now without regional pricing so I think there's at least that bit of incontrovertible proof that we fight where we can against regional pricing :)
Old games, mind you, which I thought you were standing firm behind not regionally pricing at least, and by a dirty trick at that, aligning all to EU price for two of them.
high rated
Getting the higher EU price for everyone is not exactly what I'd call a victory on that front.
HypersomniacLive: Getting the higher EU price for everyone is not exactly what I'd call a victory on that front.
But sugarcoating this issue is so nice....
HypersomniacLive: Getting the higher EU price for everyone is not exactly what I'd call a victory on that front.
which games are these ?

Ah I see Kotor and Monkey Island ?
Post edited November 12, 2014 by Reaper9988
Well I guess it was either that or don't sell those at all, similar to the problem with the old Nordic games, I am just speculating ofcourse but I think that is a compromise GOG had to make to get the rest of the games at the standard flat price.
Having the Euro price as world wide "flat" price (Monkey Island and KotOR) doesn't count ;P

I do believe that you're fighting for flat prices and I'm surprised that you got a company like Disney to allow flat prices (and DRM free oO). But on the other hand you lost Nordic about this and added some indie games and even the The Witcher Adventure Game with regional prices... Call me a pessimist but I think you'll sooner or later end up releasing almost every game (especially newer ones) with regional prices - with the occasional (and in Disney's case: unexpected) exception.

But that's not a big problem. Most people will buy their games during sales anyway, where regional prices don't matter that much (€5 or $5 isn't a real difference). It's just that this is teh interwebs! And people on teh interwebs love drama ;)
high rated
stg83: Well I guess it was either that or don't sell those at all, similar to the problem with the old Nordic games, I am just speculating ofcourse but I think that is a compromise GOG had to make to get the rest of the games at the standard flat price.
It is indeed a compromise, hence not a victory.
Let's be fair... Sam & Max, Indy, TIE Fighter and X-Wing do have the regular price tags.
real.geizterfahr: Having the Euro price as world wide "flat" price (Monkey Island and KotOR) doesn't count ;P

I do believe that you're fighting for flat prices and I'm surprised that you got a company like Disney to allow flat prices (and DRM free oO). But on the other hand you lost Nordic about this and added some indie games and even the The Witcher Adventure Game with regional prices... Call me a pessimist but I think you'll sooner or later end up releasing almost every game (especially newer ones) with regional prices - with the occasional (and in Disney's case: unexpected) exception.

But that's not a big problem. Most people will buy their games during sales anyway, where regional prices don't matter that much (€5 or $5 isn't a real difference). It's just that this is teh interwebs! And people on teh interwebs love drama ;)
It IS a big problem as a matter of principle.
Cavalary: It IS a big problem as a matter of principle.
That's something we've already discussed in another thread ;)
real.geizterfahr: That's something we've already discussed in another thread ;)
And we disagree on it no less firmly :p
Unfortunately that is what most people don't understand when being dismissive about this issue, GOG is the only one that was taking a hard stand against regional pricing with their One World, One Price policy initially. They gave a lot of their loyal customers from around the world hope that things could be different and we don't have to accept regional pricing as the industry standard.

But fighting for principles is really hard in this world, be it something as simple as a hobby like video games or something serious like human rights (not comparing the two, just trying to make a point). It is genuinely disappointing every time a regional priced game appears on GOG because IMO the fair price package they are offering implies that GOG is the last resistance against this unfair common practice. So when it is suggested that this is just a temporary arrangement and GOG will eventually fully embrace regional pricing that is really disconcerting.
Post edited November 12, 2014 by stg83
real.geizterfahr: Let's be fair... Sam & Max, Indy, TIE Fighter and X-Wing do have the regular price tags.
I didn't say all LucasArts titles are priced that way, did I now? We all know which ones got the "higher EU price" treatment. ;-)
stg83: Unfortunately that is what most people don't understand when being dismissive about this issue, GOG is the only one that was taking a hard stand against regional pricing with their One World, One Price policy initially. They gave a lot of their loyal customers from around the world hope that things could be different and we don't have to accept regional pricing as the industry standard.

But fighting for principles is really hard in this world, be it something as simple as a hobby like video gsmes or something serious like human rights (not comparing the two, just trying to make a point). It is genuinely disappointing every time a regional priced game appears on GOG because IMO the fair price package their offering implies that GOG is the last resistance against this unfair common practice. So when it is suggested that this is just a temporary arrangement and GOG will eventually fully embrace regional pricing that is really disconcerting.
Well, Shiny Loot at the moment is still taking a stand against regional pricing too, they call it "Worldwide Customer Equity". Let's see for how long. But they don't take a strict stance against DRM, so definitely not any place with both anymore.