It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cavalary: He asked about the Witcher Adventure Game, not Witcher 3...
Matruchus: Yes Witcher adventure game is published by CDRED but on the other side they are not the developer of the game going from the gamecard so the developers - CAN EXPLODE in this case - probably wanted regional pricing.
So...
If CDP Red is the developer, it has to abide the publisher will, even if it got them trouble in the past (not once, twice).
If CDP Red is the publisher, it has to abide the developer's will.
They must have the worst contractual power ever existed. And obviously the customers are the one to pay for this.
I think it's clear where GOG commitment to avoid regional pricing stands now.
You think devs have much of a say in pricing when they have publishers dealing with that?

As for Steam, from that PC Gamer article shared around here it doesn't seem like Steam forces any pricing on anyone, merely provides everyone with a list of regions and currencies and fills in default values in all boxes after the standard price is set, but the publisher can modify them at will. The thing is that very few do, and those are usually the few major ones who have their own pricing models.
MIK0: So...
If CDP Red is the developer, it has to abide the publisher will, even if it got them trouble in the past (not once, twice).
If CDP Red is the publisher, it has to abide the developer's will.
They must have the worst contractual power ever existed. And obviously the customers are the one to pay for this.
I think it's clear where GOG commitment to avoid regional pricing stands now.
The only other option is that CDRED is pro regional pricing in which case the whole gog store is a complete sham and would explain the constant push for regional pricing here since spring.
high rated
Matruchus: The only other option is that CDRED is pro regional pricing in which case the whole gog store is a complete sham and would explain the constant push for regional pricing here since spring.
CDP and GOG are pro profit. Local currency and regional pricing equals more profit. The fair pricing package will go away as soon as they think they can get away with it without offending their old customer base enough to hurt their bottom line.
JaqFrost: CDP and GOG are pro profit. Local currency and regional pricing equals more profit. The fair pricing package will go away as soon as they think they can get away with it without offending their old customer base enough to hurt their bottom line.
^ This.
JaqFrost: CDP and GOG are pro profit. Local currency and regional pricing equals more profit. The fair pricing package will go away as soon as they think they can get away with it without offending their old customer base enough to hurt their bottom line.
Exactly my thought which means that all the principles they wrote on their frontpage since they started their store is just as the saying goes - worthless piece of paper and subject to change when ever they smell more profit. But regardless of that only time will tell if this store transforms in to another Steam copy.
Matruchus: Exactly my thought which means that all the principles they wrote on their frontpage since they started their store is just as the saying goes - worthless piece of paper and subject to change when ever they smell more profit. But regardless of that only time will tell if this store transforms in to another Steam copy.
It's like the "Gamers Bill of Right" all over again.
Is here anyone who really believes that trade conditions of two business partners (like Valve and CDPR) will be made public via an article in a paper or on a website blog? Sure will Valve demands that the devs will make the prices by themselves. Why? Because to be out of the firing line of enragend customers. But it is a fact that Vale has a quasi monoply in digital distribution. To sell on Steam means to reach much more people as to sell on any other website. So they will do anything to get their cut, I'm sure.

And the other thing...do you really think that GOG will take their fair price package away? Why should they do so? This is a good argument to buy games on GOG and not on Steam (there this is none existing). And why should they grant this fair price package at all if they plan to take it away in a couple of months/years? Because of the 20 to 30 persons who dislike it and post their anger about it here in the forum? I think not.

This is no offence, but I think the critics of the regional pricing system are only a minority.

And it should be clear that with reagional pricing GOG will reach much more customers in Russia than without it. For all others there is the fair price package to balance the extra costs.

And don't forget: GOG is still a company that needs to make profit to keep it existance.
AliensCrew: And the other thing...do you really think that GOG will take their fair price package away? Why should they do so?
Well... Because:
AliensCrew: GOG is still a company that needs to make profit to keep it existance.
Fair price packages eat a huge part of GOG's profit. They get 30% from every sold item and have to pay every single cent from the fair price packages from their own pockets.

Take Blackguards, for example. It's €45 for us, meaning a share of €13.50 for GOG. Blackguards comes with €9.30 store credit as compensation for the higher price. GOG's profit is reduced to €6.99 (€4.20 from Blackguards + €2.79 of your €9.30 store credit), not calculating any VAT (MwSt)... That's almost 50% less than they'd make without the fair price package (and $4.80 less than they'd get from US customers). That's a lot!

AliensCrew: And why should they grant this fair price package at all if they plan to take it away in a couple of months/years?
Because the anouncement of regional pricing went not very well. I think the fair price packages were introduced as an "insurance" for us. Some kind of proof that GOG will push hard for world wide, flat pricing. But with even indies going the regional pricing route... I can clearly see the fair pricing packages vanishing eventually.
So what are the regional prices for the M&B series? Who's paying how much more? :/
Cavalary: So what are the regional prices for the M&B series? Who's paying how much more? :/
Maybe nobody?
Cavalary: So what are the regional prices for the M&B series? Who's paying how much more? :/
Grargar: Maybe nobody?
The news bit says otherwise.
Cavalary: The news bit says otherwise.
The news bit said exactly the same thing about Halfway and nobody paid a higher price.
Cavalary: The news bit says otherwise.
Grargar: The news bit said exactly the same thing about Halfway and nobody paid a higher price.
Fair enough. Hence, I'm asking. Let's see.
high rated
real.geizterfahr: Because the anouncement of regional pricing went not very well. I think the fair price packages were introduced as an "insurance" for us. Some kind of proof that GOG will push hard for world wide, flat pricing. But with even indies going the regional pricing route... I can clearly see the fair pricing packages vanishing eventually.
We managed to get the Disney games that we have on offer now without regional pricing so I think there's at least that bit of incontrovertible proof that we fight where we can against regional pricing :)