It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GaminggUy45: Is it online only the gamecard says it has single-player.
Sorry, I should have phrased it better what I meant was that the game is available only as a digital download and there is no retail version of the game as far as I know which is the usual reason given for regional pricing.
Post edited November 10, 2014 by stg83
GaminggUy45: Is it online only the gamecard says it has single-player.
stg83: Sorry, I should have phrased it better what I meant was that the game is available only as a digital download and there is no retail version of the game as far as I know which is the usual reason given for regional pricing.
ah i got you now thanks for clarifying.
high rated
⁀⊙﹏☉⁀ -- (◕︵◕) -- ⁀(⊙̃﹏◎)⁀

'nough said.
IAmSinistar: I can't pull the various prices at the moment because a change in the GOG gamecard format broke my script, but I'd like to know if the regional prices are roughly equivalent to the same base price plus VAT, or if they are among the more egregious pricing differences that we've seen with other titles.
For me the regular price is $12.49, so if I take the $ 8.99 price tag which it apparently has in US, it is clearly more than the general 20% VAT.
IAmSinistar: I would have sworn that GOG said that all beta participants would be able to keep the game when it was released.
They never promised the full game for TWAG, they always said that we'd only get the online beta. Full game was promised for AvP though.
Cavalary: I'd sure like to know what their excuse for the pricing of this one is... Other than someone high up at CDP having decided at some point that they were the good guys long enough and it's time to bleed any goodwill left for GOG and the Witcher games for all it's worth while they up at corporate become like all other big players.
Maybe the reason for the regional pricing on this game is due to the fact that they're not the sole developer/publisher.
www.canexplode.com
www.fantasyflightgames.com/
Post edited November 10, 2014 by TheAssassin
IAmSinistar: I'm curious as well. Since this is strictly an online and digital product, it's not like it needs to be regional priced to matched in-store boxed prices in various countries. I can't pull the various prices at the moment because a change in the GOG gamecard format broke my script, but I'd like to know if the regional prices are roughly equivalent to the same base price plus VAT, or if they are among the more egregious pricing differences that we've seen with other titles.
Base price + VAT would be $11.89 for me. So they charge me additional 60 cents without any reason.
high rated
Cavalary: I'd sure like to know what their excuse for the pricing of this one is... Other than someone high up at CDP having decided at some point that they were the good guys long enough and it's time to bleed any goodwill left for GOG and the Witcher games for all it's worth while they up at corporate become like all other big players.
IAmSinistar: I'm curious as well. Since this is strictly an online and digital product, it's not like it needs to be regional priced to matched in-store boxed prices in various countries. I can't pull the various prices at the moment because a change in the GOG gamecard format broke my script, but I'd like to know if the regional prices are roughly equivalent to the same base price plus VAT, or if they are among the more egregious pricing differences that we've seen with other titles.
Here are the base (not discounted) prices for the 7 regions checked by MaGog. The game will be scanned by MaGog on the next update, in about 8 hours. The information below was collected manually just now:

US_USD : $9.99
AU_USD : $9.99
BR_USD : $9.99
DE_USD : $12.49
GB_USD : $11.19
PL_USD : $12.49
RU_USD : $6.09
Post edited November 10, 2014 by mrkgnao
Oh damn, i should have checked this thread earlier.

RocketBearGames, if you're still checking this thread:

- How do you guys feel about the russian market on Steam (as in people from Russia trading the games for keys);

- If Europeans were to buy the game from the US, would that affect you in some kind of way? (i'm guessing, in some way, it would make the european market "smaller" and not justifying the translations costs)
IAmSinistar: I can't pull the various prices at the moment because a change in the GOG gamecard format broke my script, but I'd like to know if the regional prices are roughly equivalent to the same base price plus VAT, or if they are among the more egregious pricing differences that we've seen with other titles.
moonshineshadow: For me the regular price is $12.49, so if I take the $ 8.99 price tag which it apparently has in US, it is clearly more than the general 20% VAT.
Tch, so it is a "prejudicial price", and not just a VAT balancing act. For shame, CDPR.

JMich: They never promised the full game for TWAG, they always said that we'd only get the online beta. Full game was promised for AvP though.
My faulty memory and/or wishful thinking then. Ah well. I didn't play it much beyond the introductory period, so I'm not personally out anything. Still a tad disappointing, although the discount makes up for it I suppose to those folks who still care to get it.
Edit: *coughs* So it isn't regionally priced in Australia. A slight misreading on my part with card first thing in the morning :P

So it's just poor Europe copping it this time :( Only once have I ever seen er "reverse regional pricing" and that was when a digital store in Australia sold Skyrim for US$2.65.
Post edited November 10, 2014 by Tarnicus
TheAssassin: Maybe the reason for the regional pricing on this game is due to the fact that they're not the sole developer/publisher.
www.canexplode.com
www.fantasyflightgames.com/
So gog customers were guinea pigs made/created by another company hmmmm
And that could be their very ruin. They has no means to compete with the big players at the big players rules. And even if they did, at that point users would choose the already existent seasoned big players over GOG. GOG is where it is right know for the different kind of approach, their apparently PR related principle, and the trust the community has in them. With that long gone, most of the GOG appeal is lost.
Tarnicus: Edit: *coughs* So it isn't regionally priced in Australia. A slight misreading on my part with card first thing in the morning :P
Chhht..... in fact, they forgot about these countries at the bottom of the Southern Hemisphere. You would be well advised not to remember them about customers having some purcasing power there, and being used to price abuse.
Bump it up and take either your regional pricing or become a [url=http://www.gog.com/game/pillars_of_eternity_champion_edition]champion of regional pricing.
Oh hey, it's published by Paradox.
Post edited November 11, 2014 by Grargar