It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nvm
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Faith
IAmSinistar: Did the value drop enough to justify a doubling of the price? Not that justification is really the right word, since we still can only speculate on what metrics they use to set the prices in the first place.
I think that it did. When regional pricing was officially introduced on GOG back in August, Shadow Warrior's Russian price was the equivalent of $17. Now, the same game has an equivalent price of a bit over $9. Needless to say, following the devaluation of the ruble, Steam region locked all games from Russia (and other territories) and companies started thinking about increasing the price. Obsidian/Paradox might have been the first one to do so.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Grargar
IAmSinistar: Did the value drop enough to justify a doubling of the price? Not that justification is really the right word, since we still can only speculate on what metrics they use to set the prices in the first place.
Grargar: I think that it did. When regional pricing was officially introduced on GOG back in August, Shadow Warrior's Russian price was the equivalent of $17. Now, the same game has an equivalent price of a bit over $9. Needless to say, following the devaluation of the ruble, Steam region locked all games from Russia (and other territories) and companies started thinking about increasing the price. Obsidian/Paradox might have been the first one to do so.
IF the end result of the regional locking = price increases, then it sure is criminal in my book. Just saying.

I take it the new release of http://www.gog.com/game/lords_of_xulima_deluxe_edition is not regionally priced?
gbaz69: I take it the new release of http://www.gog.com/game/lords_of_xulima_deluxe_edition is not regionally priced?
No idea as of yet.
Grargar: I think that it did. When regional pricing was officially introduced on GOG back in August, Shadow Warrior's Russian price was the equivalent of $17. Now, the same game has an equivalent price of a bit over $9. Needless to say, following the devaluation of the ruble, Steam region locked all games from Russia (and other territories) and companies started thinking about increasing the price. Obsidian/Paradox might have been the first one to do so.
Makes sense. Thanks for the good information.
gbaz69: I take it the new release of http://www.gog.com/game/lords_of_xulima_deluxe_edition is not regionally priced?
Grargar: No idea as of yet.
Well if current data from [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=383&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah01234&ord=&flt=tcs~Lords+of+Xulima~&opt=&myf=ThuJan151651402015_empty_2FoiHLt5xvi4A]magog[/url] is correct then its not regionally priced.

Edit: Damn just saw that this is old data since it says upcoming :/
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Matruchus
Grargar: No idea as of yet.
Matruchus: Well if current data from [url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=383&scp=gdspur&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbah01234&ord=&flt=tcs~Lords+of+Xulima~&opt=&myf=ThuJan151651402015_empty_2FoiHLt5xvi4A]magog[/url] is correct then its not regionally priced.

Edit: Damn just saw that this is old data since it says upcoming :/
Indeed it is old data (from just before the release)..
MaGog's database will update in about 10 hours, but I can confirm that the game is not regionally priced even after the release.
mrkgnao: Indeed it is old data (from just before the release)..
MaGog's database will update in about 10 hours, but I can confirm that the game is not regionally priced even after the release.
Thanks for the update and great news about the flat price :)
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 15 January:

NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition [Premium] [Upcoming], reg_price_ru: $15.39 ***TO*** $30.99
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition [Upcoming], reg_price_ru: $11.69 ***TO*** $24.99
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Royal Edition [Premium] [Upcoming], reg_price_ru: $21.99 ***TO*** $44.99

Interesting.
Holy shit! Do you realize what it means? Now it's (comparatively) expensive for everyone. Even if the price was like this for every region it'd still be too expensive in my book.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Wurzelkraft
Wurzelkraft: Holy shit! Do you realize what it means? Now it's (comparatively) expensive for everyone. Even if the price was like this for every region it'd still be too expensive in my book.
Yeah, definitely is too expensive. The russian prices have defied any logical explanation since depreciation occured in december since normal effects of that are price increases which curiously did not occur till now. At least not in digital distribution.
So Double Dragon is regionally priced as expected while the price differences are really minimal, russians excluded off course.
Post edited January 15, 2015 by Matruchus
Matruchus: So Double Dragon is regionally priced as expected while the price differences are really minimal, russians excluded off course.
Yes.
A 20 cent discount for most European countries (Slovenia and other Eastern Europe EU countries not included).
mrkgnao: - Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition [Upcoming] and Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition [Premium] [Upcoming] are now regionally priced also in NO and SE (now cheaper than US, previously same as US).
Doesn't that mean Sweden is no longer a separate region? I remember you saying it was only set separately because PoE wasn't regionally priced there, Paradox giving a pass to their own country.

But looking at the Blackguards 2 regional price now... +30 cents for non-Eastern/non-UK EU out of $35 is less than 1%... Isn't it more trouble to bother with regional pricing for that amount? I mean, what gives?
mrkgnao: - Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition [Upcoming] and Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition [Premium] [Upcoming] are now regionally priced also in NO and SE (now cheaper than US, previously same as US).
Cavalary: Doesn't that mean Sweden is no longer a separate region? I remember you saying it was only set separately because PoE wasn't regionally priced there, Paradox giving a pass to their own country.
Very perceptive of you to remember.
Indeed now the list of regionally-priced games in SE and DE is the same, but the prices for PoE are still different (cheaper in SE), so SE is still a region by itself.
And NO remains a region different from SE because AoW3 is not regionally priced in NO and is in SE.

Cavalary: But looking at the Blackguards 2 regional price now... +30 cents for non-Eastern/non-UK EU out of $35 is less than 1%... Isn't it more trouble to bother with regional pricing for that amount? I mean, what gives?
You're preaching to the choir.
That said, if the Euro suddenly grows significantly stronger, that delta could grow.
Cavalary: But looking at the Blackguards 2 regional price now... +30 cents for non-Eastern/non-UK EU out of $35 is less than 1%... Isn't it more trouble to bother with regional pricing for that amount? I mean, what gives?
Well, the € was once stronger.