It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Oh no.

I thought about whether I should or shouldn't buy the games I don't own yet from the current Nordic In-N-Out sale, facing the fact that the move to offer them now and remove them after the sale again, is a bit shady and uncomfortable for me.

I decided to go with it and really see it as a special Christmas gift, but then I noticed that one of the nineteen games still missing in my library is regionally priced now: Raven, The: Legacy of a Master Thief.

Buying this game would cost me 50 cent more than others, giving me the same amount as store credit.

Now I'm thinking again...
I really don't like regional pricing at all and never bought a regionally priced game here before, never intended to, but removing this game from the list would make the whole package ten bucks more expensive.

I'm kinda struggling with my own ideals right now, what do you think?
high rated
Urnoev: Oh no.

I thought about whether I should or shouldn't buy the games I don't own yet from the current Nordic In-N-Out sale, facing the fact that the move to offer them now and remove them after the sale again, is a bit shady and uncomfortable for me.

I decided to go with it and really see it as a special Christmas gift, but then I noticed that one of the nineteen games still missing in my library is regionally priced now: Raven, The: Legacy of a Master Thief.

Buying this game would cost me 50 cent more than others, giving me the same amount as store credit.

I really don't like regional pricing at all and never bought a regionally priced game here before, never intended to, but removing this game from the list would make the whole package ten bucks more expensive.

The titles that are regionally priced are not going anywhere after the promo ends.
Urnoev: I really don't like regional pricing at all and never bought a regionally priced game here before, never intended to, but removing this game from the list would make the whole package ten bucks more expensive.

HypersomniacLive: The titles that are regionally priced are not going anywhere after the promo ends.
Sure, but that's not the problem. I highlighted it for you.
Urnoev: Oh no.

So as I see the matter you have four Options:

1. You don't buy the bundle.

2. You buy the not regional priced games one buy one and pay ten bucks more.

3. You buy the bundle and keep "Raven".

4. You buy the bundle and try to refund "Raven" (if possible) or give the game away as a gift.

And that is a choice no one else but you can make.
AliensCrew: And that is a choice no one else but you can make.
Sure, I know that.

I just traded an already existing code for Raven, The: Legacy of a Master Thief for one of mine (Gothic), which is okay in my book.

Now I can buy the rest at 90% off and also a few keys for future gifting :).
Cavalary: You know what could be added to that table though? The average difference, in percent, between the prices in a region and the standard prices.
Added two columns to table VIII on the MaGog metrics page, listing the mean regional game price relative to the US for each region. Thanks for the suggestion.
high rated
Surprised to see that the regionally priced titles for AU and NZ are actually bellow the US price. And that +24.8% for EU Eastern Europe (RO) is quite the markup.

The Former Soviet Union (RU) has no discount on one title? Outrageous. BTW, which one is it?
HypersomniacLive: Surprised to see that the regionally priced titles for AU and NZ are actually bellow the US price. And that +24.8% for EU Eastern Europe (RO) is quite the markup.

The Former Soviet Union (RU) has no discount on one title? Outrageous. BTW, which one is it?
Everegional Nightmares
HypersomniacLive: Surprised to see that the regionally priced titles for AU and NZ are actually bellow the US price.
Me too, and that Poland is more expensive than US on average.
The reason this surprised me, I believe, is because one of the first regionally-priced games over here was Witcher 3, for which it is the opposite (Australia expensive, Poland cheap), but that game is apparently somewhat exceptional.

HypersomniacLive: And that +24.8% for EU Eastern Europe (RO) is quite the markup.
Yes, but it's only 3 games.
mrkgnao: Me too, and that Poland is more expensive than US on average.
The reason this surprised me, I believe, is because one of the first regionally-priced games over here was Witcher 3, for which it is the opposite (Australia expensive, Poland cheap), but that game is apparently somewhat exceptional.

[...].
I assume that in the case of TW3 the local market factor is taken into account.

mrkgnao: [...]

Which games are these? Does this region get the highest prices?
mrkgnao: [...]
HypersomniacLive: Which games are these? Does this region get the highest prices?
Note that the region name (the leftmost column) in table VIII is a link that yields all the games regionally priced in that region.

The three games are: AoW3, AoW3 Deluxe, and Vanishing of Ethan Carter.
And the prices, while highest, are the same as the Eurozone and several other European regions.
This game is at least regionally priced in Russia and it doesn't have the 50% launch discount over there: http://www.gog.com/game/space_rangers_hd_a_war_apart
Is that a new thing? Regional discount?
Uh oh, the euro is slowly reaching the dollar.. goodbye cheaper games : (
..wait, it that good for EU in general, except for purchases on GOG? lol
Post edited January 07, 2015 by phaolo
phaolo: Uh oh, the euro is slowly reaching the dollar.. goodbye cheaper games : (
..wait, it that good for EU in general, except for purchases on GOG? lol
No, its not since everything will get more expensive for europeans if the currency is weaker.
Matruchus: No, its not since everything will get more expensive for europeans if the currency is weaker.
Damn.. also, GOG please do another good sale asap XD