It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ixbt25i: I don't want to derail this thread but yes, that's exactly the reason why I would never buy anything there.
I donate the full sum to the EFF. I don't buy anything in their store or when the EFF is not an option.
Looks like the ruble is continuing to slip. I'm curious if GOG does ad hoc price adjustments when currencies change value dramatically, alongside their more regularly scheduled adjustments.
IAmSinistar: Looks like the ruble is continuing to slip. I'm curious if GOG does ad hoc price adjustments when currencies change value dramatically, alongside their more regularly scheduled adjustments.
Yeah and the interest rate of the russian central bank wen't up to something over 17% now. I think they are slowly nearing a crash if this continous. It's expected that the interest rate will raise over 20% soon.
Post edited December 16, 2014 by Matruchus
IAmSinistar: Looks like the ruble is continuing to slip. I'm curious if GOG does ad hoc price adjustments when currencies change value dramatically, alongside their more regularly scheduled adjustments.
Back in August, I said that the converted price of Shadow Warrior (2013) was $16.5 (from 599 rubles). 4 months later, 599 rubles equal to about half price ($8.6).
high rated
As mentioned here, GOG has changed the Ruble's exchange rate, leading to lower USD prices for regionally-priced games in Russia and other ex-Soviet-Union countries (currently 71 such games (of the 72 games regionally priced anywhere)).

Here are the changed regional USD prices from MaGog's logs :

NOTE! CHANGED 1954 Alcatraz, reg_price_ru: 6.49 ***TO*** 4.59
NOTE! CHANGED Age of Wonders 3, reg_price_ru: 9.79 ***TO*** 6.89
NOTE! CHANGED Age of Wonders 3 - Golden Realms [DLC], reg_price_ru: 4.49 ***TO*** 3.19
NOTE! CHANGED Age of Wonders 3 Deluxe Edition [Premium], reg_price_ru: 11.49 ***TO*** 7.99
NOTE! CHANGED Always Sometimes Monsters, reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, reg_price_ru: 6.79 ***TO*** 4.79
NOTE! CHANGED Amnesia: The Dark Descent, reg_price_ru: 6.79 ***TO*** 4.79
NOTE! CHANGED Blackguards Special Edition, reg_price_ru: 14.79 ***TO*** 10.29
NOTE! CHANGED Blackguards: Untold Legends [DLC], reg_price_ru: 2.89 ***TO*** 1.99
NOTE! CHANGED Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles, The, reg_price_ru: 4.89 ***TO*** 3.39
NOTE! CHANGED Book of Unwritten Tales, The, reg_price_ru: 4.89 ***TO*** 3.39
NOTE! CHANGED Broken Age [Season Pass], reg_price_ru: 7.29 ***TO*** 5.09
NOTE! CHANGED Broken Sword 5, reg_price_ru: 7.29 ***TO*** 5.09
NOTE! CHANGED Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav, The, reg_price_ru: 4.89 ***TO*** 3.39
NOTE! CHANGED Dead State, reg_price_ru: 6.49 ***TO*** 4.59
NOTE! CHANGED Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia, reg_price_ru: 4.89 ***TO*** 3.39
NOTE! CHANGED Divinity: Original Sin, reg_price_ru: 9.79 ***TO*** 6.89
NOTE! CHANGED Divinity: Original Sin - Source Hunter [DLC], reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED Dreamfall Chapters - Special Edition Upgrade [DLC], reg_price_ru: 2.19 ***TO*** 1.59
NOTE! CHANGED Dreamfall Chapters - Special Edition [Season Pass] [Premium], reg_price_ru: 9.79 ***TO*** 6.89
NOTE! CHANGED Dreamfall Chapters [Season Pass], reg_price_ru: 8.19 ***TO*** 5.69
NOTE! CHANGED Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Fathers - 20th Anniversary Edition, reg_price_ru: 6.49 ***TO*** 4.59
NOTE! CHANGED Gods Will Be Watching, reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED Gods Will Be Watching: Special Edition Upgrade [DLC], reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED Gods Will Be Watching: Special Edition [Premium], reg_price_ru: 6.79 ***TO*** 4.79
NOTE! CHANGED Gomo, reg_price_ru: 3.19 ***TO*** 2.19
NOTE! CHANGED Gone Home, reg_price_ru: 6.79 ***TO*** 4.79
NOTE! CHANGED Guacamelee! Gold Edition, reg_price_ru: 7.99 ***TO*** 5.59
NOTE! CHANGED Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition, reg_price_ru: 7.99 ***TO*** 5.59
NOTE! CHANGED Halfway, reg_price_ru: 4.69 ***TO*** 3.29
NOTE! CHANGED Hatoful Boyfriend, reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED Infested Planet, reg_price_ru: 5.69 ***TO*** 3.99
NOTE! CHANGED King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, reg_price_ru: 4.89 ***TO*** 3.39
NOTE! CHANGED King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Complete Edition Upgrade [DLC], reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Complete Edition [Premium], reg_price_ru: 8.19 ***TO*** 5.69
NOTE! CHANGED Kromaia, reg_price_ru: 6.79 ***TO*** 4.79
NOTE! CHANGED Luftrausers, reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED Lumino City, reg_price_ru: 5.69 ***TO*** 3.99
NOTE! CHANGED Marvellous Miss Take, The, reg_price_ru: 6.79 ***TO*** 4.79
NOTE! CHANGED Memoria, reg_price_ru: 4.89 ***TO*** 3.39
NOTE! CHANGED Mount & Blade, reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED Mount & Blade: Warband, reg_price_ru: 5.69 ***TO*** 3.99
NOTE! CHANGED Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars [DLC], reg_price_ru: 3.19 ***TO*** 2.19
NOTE! CHANGED Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest [DLC], reg_price_ru: 6.49 ***TO*** 4.59
NOTE! CHANGED Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword, reg_price_ru: 3.19 ***TO*** 2.19
NOTE! CHANGED Night of the Rabbit, The, reg_price_ru: 4.89 ***TO*** 3.39
NOTE! CHANGED OlliOlli, reg_price_ru: 4.69 ***TO*** 3.29
NOTE! CHANGED Penumbra Collection, The, reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Champion Edition [Premium] [Upcoming], reg_price_ru: 17.29 ***TO*** 12.09
NOTE! CHANGED Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition [Upcoming], reg_price_ru: 13.19 ***TO*** 9.19
NOTE! CHANGED Randal's Monday, reg_price_ru: 7.29 ***TO*** 5.09
NOTE! CHANGED Raven, The: Legacy of a Master Thief, reg_price_ru: 7.29 ***TO*** 5.09
NOTE! CHANGED Retro City Rampage DX, reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED Shadow Warrior (2013), reg_price_ru: 9.79 ***TO*** 6.89
NOTE! CHANGED Shadows: Heretic Kingdoms, reg_price_ru: 8.19 ***TO*** 5.69
NOTE! CHANGED Space Run: Fast and Safe Delivery, reg_price_ru: 5.69 ***TO*** 3.99
NOTE! CHANGED Spacecom, reg_price_ru: 5.69 ***TO*** 3.99
NOTE! CHANGED Starpoint Gemini 2, reg_price_ru: 9.79 ***TO*** 6.89
NOTE! CHANGED Surgeon Simulator Anniversary Edition [DLC], reg_price_ru: 1.19 ***TO*** 0.89
NOTE! CHANGED TRI, reg_price_ru: 5.69 ***TO*** 3.99
NOTE! CHANGED Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack, reg_price_ru: 4.39 ***TO*** 3.09
NOTE! CHANGED This War of Mine, reg_price_ru: 6.79 ***TO*** 4.79
NOTE! CHANGED Vanishing of Ethan Carter Collector's Edition upgrade, The [DLC], reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
NOTE! CHANGED Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The, reg_price_ru: 6.79 ***TO*** 4.79
NOTE! CHANGED Wasteland 2 Digital Classic Edition, reg_price_ru: 9.79 ***TO*** 6.89
NOTE! CHANGED Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition Upgrade [DLC], reg_price_ru: 4.89 ***TO*** 3.39
NOTE! CHANGED Wasteland 2 Digital Deluxe Edition [Premium], reg_price_ru: 14.79 ***TO*** 10.29
NOTE! CHANGED Whispered World: Special Edition, The, reg_price_ru: 4.89 ***TO*** 3.39
NOTE! CHANGED Wings!™ Remastered Edition, reg_price_ru: 4.89 ***TO*** 3.39
NOTE! CHANGED Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - preorder [Upcoming], reg_price_ru: 14.79 ***TO*** 10.29
NOTE! CHANGED Witcher Adventure Game, The, reg_price_ru: 3.99 ***TO*** 2.79
Post edited December 18, 2014 by mrkgnao
Random stumble, apparently Games Republic switched to the standard regional pricing too?
Then again, 11 bit Studios is behind it, so go figure.
FYI, I have added a big table (table VIII) to the MaGog metrics page, listing all the current GOG price regions and which countries belong to which region (for practically all the countries in the world)
Post edited December 20, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: FYI, I have added a big table (table VIII) to the MaGog metrics page, listing all the current GOG price regions and which countries belong to which region (for practically all the countries in the world)
Very interesting I must say. Big differences there are.
mrkgnao:
Wow, nice work there.
... But why exactly is Sweden its own region?
mrkgnao:
Cavalary: Wow, nice work there.
... But why exactly is Sweden its own region?
It is its own region because it has a different combination of game prices from any other region.

Specifically, it differs from the The Eurozone (DE) in that the two "Pillars of Eternity" games are not regionally priced in Sweden. Why? Don't ask me.

Note that the region name (the leftmost column) is a link that yields all the games regionally priced in that region.
mrkgnao: It is its own region because it has a different combination of game prices from any other region.

Specifically, it differs from the The Eurozone (DE) in that the two "Pillars of Eternity" games are not regionally priced in Sweden. Why? Don't ask me.

Note that the region name (the leftmost column) is a link that yields all the games regionally priced in that region.
In that case, assume they're not regionally priced in Sweden because they're published by Paradox, which is Swedish.

You know what could be added to that table though? The average difference, in percent, between the prices in a region and the standard prices.
mrkgnao: As mentioned here, GOG has changed the Ruble's exchange rate, leading to lower USD prices for regionally-priced games in Russia and other ex-Soviet-Union countries (currently 71 such games (of the 72 games regionally priced anywhere)).
Which ones? Does this include GDR?
mrkgnao: As mentioned here, GOG has changed the Ruble's exchange rate, leading to lower USD prices for regionally-priced games in Russia and other ex-Soviet-Union countries (currently 71 such games (of the 72 games regionally priced anywhere)).
Klumpen0815: Which ones? Does this include GDR?
According to the newly posted table, RU region includes "Russian Federation (RU), Armenia (AM), Azerbaijan (AZ), Belarus (BY), Kyrgyzstan (KG), Kazakhstan (KZ), Moldova, Republic of (MD), Tajikistan (TJ), Turkmenistan (TM), Uzbekistan (UZ)"

And the only game not regionally priced there is apparently Neverending Nightmares.
Post edited December 20, 2014 by Cavalary
Cavalary: You know what could be added to that table though? The average difference, in percent, between the prices in a region and the standard prices.
Nice one! Will see if I can squeeze it in before I go on holiday (Friday). If not, will wait for next year.

I don't believe the GDR was ever part of the Soviet Union. It was a Soviet occupation zone.

Cavalary: According to the newly posted table, RU region includes "Russian Federation (RU), Armenia (AM), Azerbaijan (AZ), Belarus (BY), Kyrgyzstan (KG), Kazakhstan (KZ), Moldova, Republic of (MD), Tajikistan (TJ), Turkmenistan (TM), Uzbekistan (UZ)"

And the only game not regionally priced there is apparently Neverending Nightmares.
Correct.
BTW, notice that Armenia is in, but its neighbour Georgia is not.
Post edited December 20, 2014 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: BTW, notice that Armenia is in, but its neighbour Georgia is not.
Well, Russia isn't exactly fond of Georgia...