It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pajama: I'm beginning to really rate Fireflower Games. They sell DRM free games and they pledge to donate at least half their annual profit to projects that benefit the environment and game development. For me, a win-win situation. Don't want to bang on too much here about a rival company but well worth checking out.
Yes, they have good potential. They just need to grow their catalogue more.
PaterAlf: Never heard of them too. But it seems they really have some nice games and also good prices (e.g. Deponia - The Complete Journey is €9.99 at the moment).
I like it that they have a few older Paradox games (Europa Universalis II + III + Victoria) and also transport simulation games like Transport Giant, Cities in Motion 1, Industry Giant, etc. Im still waiting for transport simulation games on gog of which gog has none.
Post edited December 15, 2014 by Matruchus
ixbt25i:
HypersomniacLive: Hmm... where have I seen this before? Ah yes, HB.
I don't want to derail this thread but yes, that's exactly the reason why I would never buy anything there.
Matruchus: Im still waiting for transport simulation games on gog of which gog has none.
Do you know the German game Der Planer? Not sure if there even was an English version, but it was a huge success in Germany and I loved it.
PaterAlf: Do you know the German game Der Planer? Not sure if there even was an English version, but it was a huge success in Germany and I loved it.
Unfortunately I don't know it but it does look interesting. I know that most simulation games are made in Germany. Like the last simulation I know is made after [url=http://www.portsofcall.de/]Ports of Call games which I loved. Der Planer seems a bit similar to Euro Truck Simulator.
Cavalary: MaGOG lists it as
DE $37.79
GB $38.29
PL $37.79
RU $9.79
UA $16.49
Matruchus: Ok, so I have to pay the US price then obviously. Well at least I know so that I will avoid this game like a plaque. Really nice I have to pay a flat price and the rich countries get a discount - very nice done gog.
Out of curiosity, I had MaGog check the prices for Slovenia (SI) and it seems there are (at the moment) only three games that are regionally priced in your country (all the rest use the US price):
- Regional price for Age of Wonders 3 in SI: $50.39 instead of $39.99
- Regional price for Age of Wonders 3 Deluxe Edition [Premium] in SI: $56.69 instead of $44.99
- Regional price for Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The in SI: $23.89 instead of $19.99

So for these three games, you are part of Europe, for everything else (including the DLCs for these games) you are part of the Rest of the World.

What a mess.
Post edited December 15, 2014 by mrkgnao
Matruchus: Ok, so I have to pay the US price then obviously. Well at least I know so that I will avoid this game like a plaque. Really nice I have to pay a flat price and the rich countries get a discount - very nice done gog.
mrkgnao: Out of curiosity, I had MaGog check the prices for Slovenia (SI) and it seems there are only three games that are regionally priced in your country (all the rest use the US price):
- Regional price for Age of Wonders 3 Deluxe Edition [Premium] in SI: $56.69 instead of $44.99
- Regional price for Vanishing of Ethan Carter, The in SI: $23.89 instead of $19.99

So for these three games, you are part of Europe, for everything else (including the DLCs for these games) you are part of the Rest of the World.

What a mess.
Yeah, the pricing is a total mess. Regardless Im just using Sinistars regional priced ratings to avoid regional priced games since at this point there is no such thing as a flat price anymore.
Pajama: I'm beginning to really rate Fireflower Games. They sell DRM free games and they pledge to donate at least half their annual profit to projects that benefit the environment and game development. For me, a win-win situation. Don't want to bang on too much here about a rival company but well worth checking out.
Never heard of them either. Something else to look into, and the support of environmental causes are a huge bonus from where I'm standing. Wondering how they do re: flat pricing though, as it says the price is shown at checkout depending on the country chosen. Doesn't sound good, regardless of excuses made for it, so does anyone know more about that?
(Of course, with the available payment methods, no more useful to me than SL is...)
mrkgnao: Out of curiosity, I had MaGog check the prices for Slovenia (SI) and it seems there are (at the moment) only three games that are regionally priced in your country (all the rest use the US price):

What a mess.
Same thing for Romania, assume it's the same for Bulgaria too, I was saying it's the status of non-Euro EU countries, but there are exceptions I guess?
Post edited December 16, 2014 by Cavalary
mrkgnao: Out of curiosity, I had MaGog check the prices for Slovenia (SI) and it seems there are (at the moment) only three games that are regionally priced in your country (all the rest use the US price):

What a mess.
Cavalary: Same thing for Romania, assume it's the same for Bulgaria too, I was saying it's the status of non-Euro EU countries, but there are exceptions I guess?
I'm working on mapping all the countries of the world into GOG regions. Will take a while. Will publish when I have more info.
Post edited December 16, 2014 by mrkgnao
HypersomniacLive: FireFlower Games have been mentioned a number of times in the Deals thread, where even a representative of theirs chimes in from time to time.
I'm really liking FireFlower Games. Same price for everyone, except that if you're outside the EU, you don't pay VAT, which seems fair.

I was so hopeful when ShinyLoot popped up that we would have more DRM-free stores, so it was sad to see them abandon that, but they seem to mostly do Groupees bundles these days...?
Cavalary: Never heard of them either. Something else to look into, and the support of environmental causes are a huge bonus from where I'm standing. Wondering how they do re: flat pricing though, as it says the price is shown at checkout depending on the country chosen. Doesn't sound good, regardless of excuses made for it, so does anyone know more about that?
The price at checkout is in Euro's and that's the price you pay but the payment method uses exchange rates so it works out at the same price for everyone. Except as JaqFrost mentioned if you live outside of the EU, then you don't get charged VAT.
Cavalary: Never heard of them either. Something else to look into, and the support of environmental causes are a huge bonus from where I'm standing. Wondering how they do re: flat pricing though, as it says the price is shown at checkout depending on the country chosen. Doesn't sound good, regardless of excuses made for it, so does anyone know more about that?
Pajama: The price at checkout is in Euro's and that's the price you pay but the payment method uses exchange rates so it works out at the same price for everyone. Except as JaqFrost mentioned if you live outside of the EU, then you don't get charged VAT.
Not exactly. At least they do say its a rough estimate. Them charging in euros (pounds has same problem for people here) makes things a bit more expensive when ordering in AUD
Pajama: The price at checkout is in Euro's and that's the price you pay but the payment method uses exchange rates so it works out at the same price for everyone. Except as JaqFrost mentioned if you live outside of the EU, then you don't get charged VAT.
Yeah, that's what I figured. Which means no go. I mean, I'm trying to look for an alternative to GOG because some people get charged more (personally I just have regional pricing for 3 entries, being from a non-Euro EU state), so ending up with one where everyone is is no go, definitely. (And is the applied VAT charge different per country, btw? I get charged 25% extra, Romania's is 24%.)
... UNLESS the ENTIRE additional amount would be donated to a project / organization of my choice, not of theirs. That'd make the difference, yeah, and sure, they won't need to do it right away as long as they'd do it, even say all at once, once per year. So 50% of profits from the countries that don't get charged more and the entire additional charge for those that are, and let buyer choose. That (well, that and payment methods I could use) will make me seriously look around there. Otherwise, nice concept in theory, gave them a share on Fb, but... no.
By now I don't see any advantage to buy games on Fire Flower Games instead of buying them on GOG. (except for those games that GOG doesn't offer.)

Because for someone like me, who lives in germany, the prices there are often higher than here...even with the fire points.

Example: Lifeless Planet

GOG: 15,99 €

Fire Flower: 16,99 € - 34 FP (0,17 €) = 16,82 €
AliensCrew: By now I don't see any advantage to buy games on Fire Flower Games instead of buying them on GOG. (except for those games that GOG doesn't offer.)

Because for someone like me, who lives in germany, the prices there are often higher than here...even with the fire points.

Example: Lifeless Planet

GOG: 15,99 €

Fire Flower: 16,99 € - 34 FP (0,17 €) = 16,82 €
As you said the Fire Flower and other drm-free stores are good for game genres that gog does not cover yet or neglects at the moment.
Post edited December 16, 2014 by Matruchus